1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The 100 Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Cobalt, Jul 8, 2018.

1. Miner

Miner Order Member

I would like to Actually Murder Regfan.

TIA

2. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Ok, agreed on all of that.

3. Nothing Happens

Nothing Happens Squib

@Citrus, what do you mean when you say you're stretching your mind to think about me?

4. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    I feel like it's very possible fenwicked was bussed into the ground, hm, a while ago.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Miner?

5. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

@Beruru where's your head at this game?

6. Nothing Happens

Nothing Happens Squib

Well, I'm not a fan of pre-flip associatives either.

I think you're being influenced by knowing the slot is dead here. I found your vote as well but wasn't instantly sure what it was about.

7. Miner

Miner Order Member

I mean, I don't really have an opinion?

Like, I remember when fen first entered the thread he seemed pretty relaxed and I actually was slightly townreading him for going after Vaimes as a spicy read because it's exactly the sort of thing that I like to do as town. But I mean people seemed to hard scumread the way he cased Vaimes which indicates to me that meta-wise things are not looking favorable for him?

All the other new people are blending into one person in my brain right now (Nego, smiles??? Or is that Nothing Happens???, etc.) and asking for my opinion on them is like asking for my opinion on why the sky is blue. Like, I'm sure there's some good reasoning out there, but it eludes me.

8. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    Oh, I read the other post as saying he was town because of the pile on but it doesn't actually say that. I'm actually not sure what you are saying.

9. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Can someone make an actual countdown for EOD is and post it here please?

10. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    48 hours from this post? Delphine has this in her VCs.

11. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Sigh. Yeah, timing couldn't have been worse.

Fuck me, I'll probably have to place a vote tomorrow (in ~24) and that'll be my last vote/post before EOD.

12. Nothing Happens

Nothing Happens Squib

Yes, I'm smiles/smilefires.

I'm pretty sure Nego has posted more and different alignment-indicative things than myself, though, so I'm a little surprised we blend together.

I think any DLP regular partners he'd have would tell him off incredibly fast for trying to push Eido or Vaimes, almost regardless of their actual alignments.

Sure, the size of the wagon could suggest he was bused years ago, but I have a hard time believing he makes some of the posts he did as mafia here. Vaimes abandoned the read, but I doubt he tries to push Vaimes just because he can.

13. Miner

Miner Order Member

I just point out that reading closely on an active d1 isn't my strong suit
    --- Post automerged ---
    should**

14. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Yeah Gemmas right, Kai's pretty much the ~null~ spot on my reads list, actually p happy with the amount of town reads I have, I'd prefer if a few more of them were lock town reads than just ~floaty I need to read more and lock in~ ones but D2 when I'm back at a computer. Talk to me about Miners play/posting overall and specifically his more recent ones and his read on me here.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I....don't understand how NH is approaching any of this game?
    --- Post automerged ---
    The whole read on Eido based on peoples interacts/approaches to Eido & focus on Fenwick via the wagons etc on him moreso than peoples actual posting / reasoning behind things just doesn't really fit how I've seen anyone scumhunt.

@Anyone that knows NH, can you please chime in a bit on re; if this is a usual type thing for him?

15. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    Ah, I think I follow. Did you happen to read the precise catalyst for my vote?

a) I see nothing wrong here.
    b) Bad but not scummy.
    c) Bad and scummy.
    d) Stan, you're dumb.
    e) <something else>
    --- Post automerged ---
    We've never played an actual game, but I don't really mind it?
    --- Post automerged ---
    I suppose I forgot "Stan, you're totally taking that out of context".

16. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Unvote, Vote: Tsaiah

Eh, the whole "Don't do pre-flip analysis" but then analysing a wagon type thing to get a read on the person wagoned feels like it doesn't flow at all and a really weird type of thing/area to focus when you're just popping in after having been gone for a bit?

17. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    Gameflow/wagonflow reads taste kinda like an MU thing in my head.

18. Nothing Happens

Nothing Happens Squib

No, and I'm actually rather lost when I try to follow it in that spoiler. That did help me realize he flipped his Eido read for not much of a reason, though. So, perhaps I'm wrong on fenwicked not being told off about such a push.

Regfan, sorry, but I'm kind of floating right now. I'll admit to being a bottle of soju deep and thinking posting was a good idea.

By the time I gave the read on Eido, I didn't think he'd actually posted much that was alignment indicative, which is why I was trying to read around him.

Also I don't think I was analyzing the fenwicked wagon other than to say I didn't understand it. If I was, I'd go into the kinds of motivations you mentioned, but I don't really need to do that to say it's bad in general.

19. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Nod, would like some that have played with him to comment on it too though. Also ooc, how many scum do you think are in [Gemma/Newcomb/M7/Eido/Jan/Citrus/Vaimes] right now? ie. Which of my town reads do you think might be wrong/who/why? (I have a nice amount of anti-alignments in the less confident names in that list that I personally think there's probably only ever 1 in there at most but that's also a bit of ego.) M7/Jan, Vaimes/Citrus the stronger unaligneds in there.
    --- Post automerged ---
    M7/Eido also another really obvious anti-align too actually.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Eido/Vaimes also very very unlikely.

20. Nothing Happens

Nothing Happens Squib

I'm not really sure how accurate MU meta is to me anymore. I don't play many games through the regular queues, and stick to my old or new haunts more.

I'm really only saying this to say if your expectations are "average MUser #987", then I'm probably not quite that. I couldn't even tell you if feeling out the game state is a common thing. I like trying it, though.