1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The 100 Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Cobalt, Jul 8, 2018.

1. Nego

Nego Banned

High Score:
    I went to read Kai's ISO and it's 20/22 posts of memes or fluff.

The last two are the only ones with any real content:

Does KaiDash usually play like this? Post fluff for a lot and then drop a couple of ok posts with actual content?

Just got cut by a third post
    --- Post automerged ---
    "Beru and fonti have multiple votes on them". Beru has three, Fonti has two. As to you not wanting to lynch either of them, your vote is on Fonti.

2. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

Yes. This is maybe my worst ratio ever.

I covered that by calling out my vote parking.

3. Nego

Nego Banned

High Score:
    I wasn't asking you to answer it. :p

I saw it but it's not giving me a villa vibe.

4. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Have skimmed in bathroom (am bad boyfriend) only reading and looking for bears and kai posts, don't hate kais ones at all, agree with his not w/w one. Am sorry that Bears had RL thing come up but still think they're scum and the explanation behind the Eido scum read in their post really reads as fake, would still lynch there today.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Like "Eido wouldn't without reasons as town initially" just is ???, is exactly in his nature to try and do things like that to try and get more reads and content and think bears would know this?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Withhold*
    --- Post automerged ---
    OK have to go but bears over kai for me.

5. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

I was thinking of cfding Citrus, but he's not around either.

6. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

I am kind of here, but not really.

Ping me if you need my vote for anything basically. Will switch if I am awake and have nothing against it.

7. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

If we're going to lynch someone who isn't here, it shoukd definitely be fen right?

8. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

well yes.

but we have to get the people to softlynch first .. because if so many people are not around then even that might get hard.

9. Nothing Happens

Nothing Happens Squib

So given this is like, extremely not the first time you've said this, are you eyeing people in particular? Do they form a nice gradient of w/w likelihood? Does anyone look specifically bad if fen is a wolf, or would it be the same if he turns up town?

10. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Ok fast look at this to see how limited our options are:

The people who likely will not switch their votes are :
    fenwicked (100%)
    m plus 7 (90%)
    Beruru (70%?)
    nego (should be asleep now or very soon)
    Regfan (said he would be gone, might betray his gf)
    Citrus (~100%)
    tsaiah (was/is sick - unsure)

those are 7 out of 17 people. leaving 10 people to vote IF none of them come back in time.

Like getting to softlynch alone might need almost everybody left to consolidate on a single person.
    --- Post automerged ---
    oh and the people that might not come back i time are spread out all over the place because of course they are ..

one on : kai, bears, fonti, eido, fen, vaimes, no vote

11. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    It's not that it looks w/w, it's that if they're w/w this is how I see it going down. Meaningful distinction in my head.

12. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

@Beruru
    @Citrus
    @Eidolonic
    @fontisian
    @Gemma
    @KaiDASH
    @M Plus 7
    @Miner
    @Nego
    @Newcomb
    @Nothing Happens
    @Regfan
    @Stanari
    @tsaiah
    @Vaimes

I am not sure where to vote, but we might need every single vote available to eveng et to softlynch with the amount of people being sick/moving/afk/busy and whatnot.

Check in whenever you can to help out. Even if it is only a short phonepost to sheep.

No lynch is not an option. Free towncred to be had.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I am dead tired and want to sleep before Eod .. but like .. the longer we wait with this the higher the chance that some people won't make it.

Anybody around to talk things through?

13. Nego

Nego Banned

High Score:
    What exactly is soft lynch?

And what do you need me to do @Jan?

14. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I'm around.
    --- Post automerged ---
    If a wagon has the necessary number of votes by the time deadline hits, they are lynched.

A hard lynch is when the final vote immediately ends the Day.

15. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Oh I love answering questions like this.

I'm always thinking about it, in a three-steps-ahead kind of way, basically right from the start of RVS/RQS. I used to be of the "show up and post" variety, and there was no real shape to my play beyond spewing all my reads and kind of hoping that at some point the game would reach a critical mass and get solved. Now I'm much more intentional about things and have an idea of what slots I want to sort by what point, what pool of players I probably won't lynch day 1, and what kind of things I probably need to see happen in order to feel good about my reads in certain ways. If I'm unfamiliar with the playerlist, that will look different in some ways, but mostly my approach will just be less specific.

I'm not sure if you can really see that this game because my "process" has just been "get drunk, shitpost wisely", but I did have a kind of checklist in my head that was something like "let Regfan/Newcomb/Eido solve each other", "sing with Stanari", "let Stanari solve Beru", "vibe with Jan/Vaimes/fonti until I know they're town". Either all of that happens without any hitches and I have a really solid foundation for the rest of the game, or something isn't quite right about one of them and I have a slot to push on (if not necessarily lynch) and solve around.

I kind of have two main ways of doing it. One is that I make a lot of pushes throughout the day and gather as much content as possible, then around 3/4ths of the way through the dayphase I go back over it all and form a big ball of reads all at once and start steamrolling. The other is that I gradually throughout the dayphase pick up as many town as I can and once I've reached a point where I'm not picking up new town anymore, then I essentially have a functional PoE and at that point I start making pushes inside the PoE to find my lynch for the day. Sometimes I know before I start pushing who I really want to lynch and the main goal of my poking around is to solidify that and feel out the contenders, sometimes I'm less sure and it takes poking around to get a sense of where I want to go for the day.

I've been much more about the second way recently and that's more the shape of my play here I think. The first way can be a little intense and not super enjoyable for everyone else, which is why I don't really do that anymore.

16. Nego

Nego Banned

High Score:
    Oh so you need a certain number of votes in order to lynch someone?

Got it.

17. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

@Nego

18. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    I'm also around but might be sporadic or on mobile. Will try to make an actual reads post before EOD though.

19. Nego

Nego Banned

High Score:
    I need to go to bed in a minute so let's take a look.

I'm not sure I want to lynch Kai but I guess I don't object to it.
    I think Beru is a terrible lynch.
    Fonti I'm in for sure.
    Eido: I want to trust Beru but nah, I don't think so.
    fenwicked I haven't even read.
    Regfan trended up for me earlier so I'm not going to vote there.
    tsaiah is still a villager for me.
    Vaimes I haven't had time to read even though I said I would. Sorry.

20. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

...how have you not read fenwicked? He has like nine posts, and practically all of Day 1 discussion revolved around him.