1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The 100 Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Cobalt, Jul 8, 2018.

1. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Excuse you, I don't have a townread on Reg and think Miner is town.

Where's my high five.

2. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Ah ok. I mean, some weirdness with wagons can be accounted by the consensus wagon no longer being viable, right?

3. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

I have read your posts, I'm mostly asking if there's any of your reads that would change if Reg was mod confirmed town to you. I actually follow a decent chunk of your reads and agree with them, but uh. Not that one remotely.

4. Miner

Miner Order Member

It's okay we can all be friends in the "Reg is not town" circle.

5. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Only if the hi-five means that when we touch hands you get lynched!

6. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    Yeah, I'm not sure if it's just that or some more obvious gamestate conditions or an unobvious gamestate condition.

7. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

It doesn't count if you only touch the tips? The finger tips?

8. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    Maybe I should look at Reg again but my lazy townread is so much easier D:

9. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

EoD is in 1 hour 50 minutes.
    --- Post automerged ---
    It's okay, he gets really easy to read on day 2 onwards.

10. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    I'm probably going to step out to eat soon but I'll be back before EOD.

That's ?reassuring?, I suppose.

11. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Huh. We have an hour longer than I thought.

12. Nothing Happens

Nothing Happens Squib

My bit is basically butting heads with him over how the game state feels because I don't share the confidence or people in my town that he has, and not being a fan of his wanting to stay the course on Beru.

I don't see this as very effectual today, if that's what you mean by postponing the discussion? But for my sake I wanna write it down.

How are you feeling?

13. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Also, I'm trusting Newcomb and Regfan on Eido, and trusting Eido on Vaimes, lmao daisychainreads are fun.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I mean, it's a lot harder to read him when he's playing from him mobile such, but yeah he gets really agenda-y. Just follow whatever Newcomb says about him tomorrow and you'll be fine.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Also, @Newcomb you should like, step up a bit tomorrow. Pls.

14. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Gonna try to pop out some brief thoughts on everyone, with a focus not on where precisely I'd put them on a reads list, but on general things I want to go back and look at, things I think are important, etc.

Beruru - Hm, not sure I'm going to be much help here. I don't super think the "pushing unlikely lynches in Eido/Vaimes" is particularly alignment indicative. beruru pushing odd angles comes from both alignments, I think? What I'm looking for here is that sense of frustration I usually get where it's pretty clear beruru is thinking about the game on some level that bears little resemblance to reality but is very clearly A Perspective they're coming from. I think what I'd do here is get them talking about the game in broad strokes, but tethered to specific events. We'll have a flip to work with, a NK probably - that's what I'd want to engage beruru on D2.

Citrus - Just feels like he's playing his own game. I think the wolfiest thing about him might be that he doesn't actually seem like he's having fun, like there's just not a ton of whimsy or caprice in his play. Hard to distinguish this from rust. D2 I'm going to try to pin him down about one specific player/event that he's ostensibly most interested in / jazzed about, and just poke poke poke. Think I can probably get to villager Citrus from that kind of conversation. Wouldn't shock me if he flipped red but gun to my head, villager.

Eidolonic - Villager in more worlds than not; I've been nodding along to enough of his reads that it feels like he's townsiding a ton if he's a wolf. I kiiiiinda had a thought that given how much he talks about his bus heavy wolf play and how little he's played here in the last bit, if he did actually rand wolf he'd try to flip the script and hard protect some teammates, so in the event that he's a wolf here I'd take a pretty hard look at Vaimes and tsaiah. I think the key to catching Eido here as a wolf is going to be how he plays around locking himself into so a pretty damn firm view of the gamestate on D1 - I don't really think he can pull off that reassessment he'll need to look like he's faking D2-D3 when the flips start coming up wrong, not in a way that comes off as genuine. Please don't mistake this for "if Eido is wrong about his reads he's a wolf." Think he's more likely a villager than not here, just trying to give people a roadmap for how to engage him later if I'm not around.

fenwicked - Had a pretty strong negative gut reaction to his early posting / push on Vaimes / read on Eido, which was backed up by reads from a lot of people whose opinions I respect, so like.... they're not all wolves. If this slot's alive on D2, I think I'd probably forgo the usual "let the sub have a day phase to get their bearings" courtesy and just sink or swim them. Sucks for that sub, but such is life.

fontisian - Think some of the ways she's stepped in to clarify/resolve things has been pretty villagery. Her push on Nego didn't feel gross. Don't really have a problem with her "lack of hype", not even sure I grant the premise. Idk, wish this was a stronger read. I feel like I've been reading fonti better lately but maybe it's just because I always seem to gravitate towards reading her town D1 and she's just... been town in those games. Hm. Thought experiment: I think fonti would have to be with kind of a specific team to be posting like this. Like, I don't really think at this point she fits on Team DOA (Fen/Kai/smiles/X or whatever). Her posting's been too consistent. I feel like we'd have seen some kind of tonal shift or some kind of.... something. Weird push, gradual withdrawing, snark increasing. Like, we'd have seen that when Eido/Reg started PoEing that team. I also don't feel like she's with anyone she'd be somewhat excited to like, pull off plays with. She's not with Jan or Gemma or probably not Vaimes, or Eido. Her team would have to be like.... idk, Citrus/tsiah/Nego, maybe? Eh.

Gonna split these up so they don't end up being a massive wall.

15. Nothing Happens

Nothing Happens Squib

Did I miss something here?

16. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    Was joke about you not having me in your readlist.

17. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

[​IMG]

18. Nothing Happens

Nothing Happens Squib

Yeah, I just didn't know what I actually wanted to do with you and all I had down before talking to myself a bit was that you asking whether you were ever impactful day 1 felt niceish.

19. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

Legacy:

Newcomb, Vaimes, Regfan, Jan are probably my 4 'would bet game' reads on. Trust me on Vaimes, I'm looking at you, Reg, and Beru (if town).

M+7, Gemma, Stanari probably aren't that far behind, but I think there are worlds I'm getting fooled. I mostly think M+7 is probably the most likely to actually be scum just because I'm not quite as familiar with his playstyle/scumgame and what he's capable of.

Tsaiah is in her own tier right below those where I really, really was pinged with a stark difference when I compared posts, but like...she hasn't been here, and other people tell me she can fake it and eh. Still kinda think I'm right and she's strongly villager.

You could tell me any 4 of the remaining 8 names were scum and I'd be like 'oh huh, yeah that sounds about right'.

Maybe I should have Fonti in that Tsaiah tier, but Fonti just has too much Fonti in her for me to do that. Gun to my head she's a villager, but every world I start thinking of where it's just not that easy, Fonti makes a lot of sense to me in it.

Kai was surprisingly villagery for Kai, but that's...a really low bar to clear. I think it's still /possible/ for him to be a wolf, but it'd have to be a pretty slick play where he basically leveled us by going 'yep, guess you should just mislynch me now, since it's gonna happen' and hoped we'd town read him for doing literally anything but shitposting.

I dunno. Miner's probably? Town? I don't feel it in my heart, and I just. Don't understand how he has that Regfan read because it makes no logical sense. Yes I've read your posts, more than once, because I wanted to understand, I just don't. But the rest of his reads make reasonable sense for Miner to have and meh.

Citrus is ??? I kept wanting to respond to something Citrus asked, and spend some time on him, but kind of ran out of time. He's had some stuff that was super villagery and also had some stuff that made me want to immediately string him up, and not a whole lot of in between stuff. If I'm around d2, him and Nego are going to be primary focuses to get a bead on.

I talked about Nego with Fonti earlier up there. I've talked about all these reads multiple times before, and they haven't changed that much outside of Kai and maybe Miner a little.

Smiles is just. He feels like he's trying to keep his options open in a way that wolves have to keep their options open in a game with this many people accurately town reading each other. That's like, the crux of the only reason I can think of for him to be a wolf, and maybe it's actually a pretty strong reason. But I don't actively wolf read him, I just am not there on town reading him especially in comparison to the cluster of names above. I feel like he's actually relatively likely to be a wolf by PoE given the rest of my reads but I'm not sure how comfortable I am with that just yet.

I've talked about Beru. I don't like their reads, and I feel like they're just missing a bit of a spark. I've liked some of the posts they've made that aren't...really read-based? And maybe that's thought process shining through and they're just really off-target or something, but kind of think we're looking at wolf Beru, it's just nowhere sure enough to lynch. Want to sit down with them and rake over coals a bit on d2 if possible.

Fenwick probably? Is just a wolf.

I talked about my hesitance in terms of like, how hard it was to get another wagon than him, and what that could mean, but I think most likely scenario is it's just a hit and wolves accepted it pretty early on.

Biggest thing I want to leave as a legacy is DON'T LYNCH REGFAN OR VAIMES, THEY ARE TOWN. But we all know that that's not going to be listened to, because you're strong independent mafia players who will do what they want <3

20. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Vaimes
    -
    Gemma
    Newcomb
    M Plus 7
    -
    Jan
    tsaiah
    Stanari
    -