1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The 100 Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Cobalt, Jul 8, 2018.

1. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

There are 13 votes on Fen, right?

2. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    I might not be back before EOD so glgl!

3. Nothing Happens

Nothing Happens Squib

Eido, I really want to be able to share the confidence of reads that you do. But I need to be able to convince myself on them.

Sometimes I do chain reads if I know a few people well enough, but I'm basically here cold. I haven't really confidently formed the first link of any chain. I don't know Gemma and my read on her is not strong enough for that to be a thing.

So that's how I'm not confident on these clusters. I've really ignored reading the Unholy Triad for much that's alignment indicative because I guess that's just how it is here.

Doesn't really help that I procrastinated on playing a mafia game again, but that's nothing new and still a bad habit I need to kick.

4. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    Somewhere in that vicinity.

5. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

People who know how to read me: fonti, Stanari, Vaimes

You're my favorites and I love you.

Nego honorable mention.

6. fontisian

You're welcome on, as long as it's not /that/ playing field. (<3)

7. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Oh and MP7 also honorable mention lmao.

8. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

I was thinking about your readslist, but i will expand to a "why not both?" <3

9. fontisian

Sure would have been nice to get a flip in 2 minutes.

10. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

I think your posting makes a lot sense on a wolf team where you're the only active wolf and you're just like, plugging along all alone knowing that death is pretty much inevitable, resigned to your fate but nonetheless still plugging along.

11. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Meta isn't something you can bludgeon into someone, Gemma.

People learn how to read people by playing a lot of games with them and developing an internal clockwork picture of that person in their head and pulling and prodding at the levers until it clicks and makes sense and you understand them. They don't learn it by being told, by being shown. They just don't.

Think about how many people fonti/Jan/me have beat into submission over the years to get them to correctly townread Vaimes. Well, guess what - none of those people can actually meta-get to villager on Vaimes. Because it's not just enough to be shown the things that make meta a powerful tool, you have to actually have those insights yourself or you'll never be able to actually apply them in a new, unique situation.

12. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Claws.
    --- Post automerged ---
    (I'm kidding.)
    --- Post automerged ---
    Um. I think you misunderstood my post. I wasn't telling other people that they should be townreading me. I was just spreading love to the ones who get me.

13. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

I do understand all this, which is why I'm not lynching you. I just think you unfortunately make sense with the reads I current have, in multiple different worlds. Not going to just chain PoE lynch or anything absurd, just from a broad gamestate perspective it makes sense given the town reads I have. I promise I'll go into d2 with a fully open mind pending flips, if I'm still around.

14. Miner

Miner Order Member

Hey guys, I think Newcomb is an awful mafia player. Like, his reads don't make any sense at all to me this game, especially the ones with regard to Regfan. I don't know how he could possibly have that kind of mindset as town, but I mean maybe he's just degenerating into [insert infamous mafia player name here] and that's just really sad to watch. Like, at this point, it becomes less about "is Newcomb playing badly enough to warrant calling him a wolf" and more about "is there a possible world where Newcomb could be a wolf? Because if not, then he's definitely down."

Yeah no, it makes absolutely no sense at all why I'm salty.
    --- Post automerged ---
    "Miner is not to be read off logic. Miner is to be read based off tone alone."
    --- Post automerged ---
    It's very INTERESTING to me that you're the one posting this.

15. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

What are you doing.

16. Miner

Miner Order Member

Leaving.

17. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

That's probably for the best.

18. Nothing Happens

Nothing Happens Squib

I've got bad news.

The game is hard.

19. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Game is always hard. <3

20. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Nego - Like Eido, I plan to focus a large portion of my energies here D2 if we're both alive. I think Nego's tripped enough wolf alarm bells that I'm unwilling to just write off his D1 completely as "I'm bad at D1." There's potentially an element of TWTBAW here where Nego might have felt compelled to spool out some villager reads when pressed for more than just gut, but, ehhh. There's kind of a.... wounded indignation to his tone that makes me think he's a villager. But there's a real lack of depth to his thoughts/pushes that makes me think he's really not.

Newcomb - Disgustingly villagery.

Nothing Happens - Can't shake that Cuth read, tbh. I know it's silly and there's no real basis for it. Eh okay. So smiles has been playing somewhat of a contrarian game. His pokes and prods have mainly come from the PoV of picking at / disagreeing with a read, and then exploring that as a basis of what he thinks himself. Which, idk, it's hard to read into. Even-keeled, reasonable people who post in an affable manner things that are mostly starting with other people's riffs and noddling on them is just hard to pick out alignment from. In any kind of not-easy world where smiles is a villager, this is probably a mislynch wolves need to win. D2, I think... hm. Pretty interested to see how smiles approaches two flips.

Regfan - This is an easy one. No matter what read you have on Regfan right now, this is like Eido x3. Reg's got a lot of strong reads right now, and he re-evaluates better than anyone I've ever seen. If Reg's a wolf, the PoE he's selling isn't good, and he's going to have to fake reassessment. He is so good at this as a villager, so natural, organic, driven, weirdly confidently backtracking, like.... it's very very messy and nuanced. He's going to get absolutely blown up trying to fake that if he's a wolf here, which is why I don't think he is one; I think he'd have played it way more close to the chest, played up the me/Eido thing, been a bit more aloof, leaned a little more on his RL time constraints, etc. Pretty sure Reg's going to be an even easier read than I am D3-> on. (Also if I die in the night he's totes a wolf who shot me, glgl Reg <3)

Stanari - Settled in a pretty standard Stanari Groove after a rocky start. I feel like I can't add anything about Stanari that hasn't already been said, and I have no real advice for catching her later if she's actually a wolf here. Idk, she'll probably drop off or something? I'd like to ISO Stanari properly at some point to see if I can really pin down my own read, but it's not a super high priority.

tsaiah - Somewhat vibing with Eido's thing about The Office, also somewhat agreeing with people who are saying that's thin. No real feel here. Pretty much just in a holding pattern.

Vaimes - Vaimes is either a villager or with exactly Eido. <3