1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The 100 Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Cobalt, Jul 8, 2018.

1. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    Lol rekt.

2. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    No, not familiar with Lump. Thought it was 'for being a Lump' as in flat mafia, lmao.

3. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Lump is a Day 1 vote in Tinyhunt to give one person an extra vote for the rest of the game.

4. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    With a lynch like yesterday, every vote after momentum tips is basically meaningless. I think the tipping point is hard to pin down because it was sort of a group-staring-blankly-at-each-other decision and not one made in the wagons, but yeah.

I looked at the ice cream anonvitational and the style of your posting is different; I was hoping you could tell me why.

5. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    So it's supposed to be a positive thing, then. Thanks.

Don't know if that changes the double vote logic, then? Like it's a game related vote buff vote and then an RVS vote, now? Ehh

Was just about to post about how I don't understand Citrus' question to MP7 about who is the most null at the moment. I'm just not sure what makes Citrus ask that / how it's supposed to be gamesolving/fruitful.

Regardless, slight nod to MP7's response because it's exactly what I would have responded with (of the posters, Newcomb).

6. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Stanari, I wish that when you laid down commentary like this, you took it a step further and like, either got into the nitty-gritty of why you disagree, or expand the reasons you liked/disliked stuff into a thought process where I can see why you think those things.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Was hoping for a bit more spice, Kai.

Talk to me about your Eido read.

Also going to assume the "send help" is not a straight scumread but rather a ??? read, if that's the case what's stopping your from reading M7? He's got a ton of pretty standard content - questions, reads, poking and prodding. Like, it's either fake or it's not.

7. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    Sorry, I was trying to get through the thread and got super distracted.

I have no idea how Beru thinks I think about things in early game. I hate "you should know better" reads so this is not a scumread, I just think it's an incredibly bizarre reason for someone who has seen me play exactly like that to vote me.

The MP7 thing just reads as standard Beru votescolding to me.

8. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

9. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    Ah! Are weird-ass questions NAI for Citrus or do they come down on either side in your experience? @fontisian

10. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    [​IMG]

This is my favorite genre.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Don't remind me >__>

Kai's Beru post is kinda towny and it might even be towny even if it weren't in contrast with his previous posting.

I'm kinda there but kinda not, think you can explain?

I barely have a POE right now, let alone a scumteam. Maybe Citrus?

My Tsaiah read is not very solid at all because she basically realposted for one evening and that was it.

11. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Except there is no lump in this game. It was a cheeky joke because it looked like it was my RVS vote...but was actually me joking about giving her an extra vote. Which may make more sense if you read a bit further into the thread.

I mean if you want me to explain it further I can, because I don't think you originally understood the post, but that's already been explored by a few explanations of "Lump" per above.

Someone else asked me about that too recently (as I haven't brought it up again). I meant it as a "who is the most developed of your reads that you think is null aka you don't have them as further town or scum on the spectrum." I thought it'd be interesting to hear the details regarding why someone one has a lot of thoughts on fits in the middle of the spectrum, rather than asking the obvious "ooh why do you think they are town/scum" everyone else would do anyways.

Unfortunately I think I asked the question too early. RVS-stage or so is way too early to ask something like that and get something useful, although I was hoping it'd be viable since it was specifically for the most "developed" null read. I was initially excited that asking along these lines would be useful but aren't thinking so anymore so basically didn't bring it up again (I think mid-late D1 would have been the best time for it, but I was pressed for time around then and didn't try it out, and at this point I don't think it's as useful anymore (or at least, explaining the mindset behind it doesn't hurt its use imo after some reflection)
    --- Post automerged ---
    Hey @dLGN . Are you entering this game with a mindset of you want to lynch me? Are you conf!biasing yourself based off the "double vote" post you quoted? Or what gives? idk, I'm getting this vibe from you like you want me to be scum and you're more interested in stuff that argues in favor of that argument then anything against it

12. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    Comfortable townlean to tsaiah for her opener. She reads lighthearted and relaxed and fairly in flow immediately on joining the thread.

13. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    Normally I would hate Vaimes' current presence in the thread, but it's also sort of my presence, but maybe it actually isn't.

14. Citrus

Citrus First Year

You're at least maintaining physical (virtual?) presence, in your defense
    --- Post automerged ---
    @Nothing Happens hopefully you got some good sleep in! Where's your head at wrt the game right now?

15. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    Like I said I have only ever seen scum vote/unvote/changevote in the same post (should have dunked on diva for doing it in a wildcard game last year but walked it back) so I had a pretty visceral reaction to that post and it was kinda reinforced with the null read question. I see I was somewhat mistaken on the Lump vote and am processing your response to the null vote but I would say I voted with intention to lynch you, yes. Don't think any of that is wanting tbh.

16. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    Yeah. ...actually I just realized that something something something I don't even know where this sentence is going.

17. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    Ayy there he is. @Regfan what are 2 the 2 most important things I missed D1 iyo? And why did you think a delayed start would help you this game? Is it a 'feel forced to give reads too early when in thread' kind of thing or otherwise?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Don't like this post.

Don't like the self vote joke response to fonti.

Aggro/assertive start went wet noodle submissive p quickly tbh.

18. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    What was aggressive about his start?

19. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    [a] agree
    --- Post automerged ---
    Started with a vote on Voxx and posted something about finding the d1 lynch pretty early on. Not sure how much was behind it because I haven't seen any follow up but regardless that's ambitious in the world where Miner is a wolf and Voxx is a villager and probably not what I think he does, from my limited experience with him? Someone could correct here if wrong but I expect that more from a Kaidash wild card than Miner.

20. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    What? That's like, very slightly warm RVS shitposting?