1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The 100 Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Cobalt, Jul 8, 2018.

1. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

Eidolonic
    Gemma
    Fenwicked

Newcomb

Vaimes
    JanLGN
    Stanari

Regfan
    M+7
    Fontisian

KaiDASH

Minarizok
    Tsampoof
    Citrus

Nego
    Smilefires

Beruru
    --- Post automerged ---
    I'm not at all happy with this because I don't even really think I'm scum reading Nego or Smiles, I just have town reads on everyone else above them to some degree.

I'm obviously mechanically wrong about at least one of them and frankly probably 2-3.

I want to put most of my time into sorting those two, but also wish Beru was like.

Playing the game. I understand RL, and I'm hypocritical given how little I've been around, but there's been a couple thoughts they've had that super didn't feel real to me, and I want to see them talk about the game more and they just aren't, so. Eh.
    --- Post automerged ---
    To be clear, the yellow names are still decent strength town reads.

I'm aware that's not good.
    --- Post automerged ---
    D1 happened, a lot of posts happened but I feel kind of static. Two flips happened, but they just didn't change anything in my reads really. I didn't get much out of the EoD, because it felt like a lynch that had to happen due to circumstances, rather than people fighting for a lynch they wanted due to alignment reads.

Creates a kind of weird situation where that happened but I didn't get all that much out of it.

2. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    Hm, think you could talk about your Reg read a little? Or point me in the general direction of where it is in your iso?

3. Eidolonic

I don't think I'm ever wrong about my top four town reads. Would straight up bet the game on them, probably.

Reg has posted a couple things I squinted at, but responded well with reasoning fast enough that it's not just bullshit, so. I'm pretty sure he's town, and feel like good odds I'll get there on him further the rest of the day now that he's not as constrained.

4. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    I think one of the thoughts looks like...MP7 is someone who values morale, and as scum he would value team morale, and Miner being in a chat with him maybe doesn't look like that.

5. Nothing Happens

Nothing Happens Squib

This was the read I didn't like, though it might have just had a few too many loops for me to think about at the time.

I just don't know what it gains Beru as a wolf to also know this and want to lynch you anyway. Is the point here that they should know the effort's pointless from the start, and so the push is like a pretense of doing something? Even so, I don't know why the "something" isn't pushing into literally any other player.

6. Eidolonic

I think fundamentally he just...feels like Regfan? Like, Reg likes playing mafia, he takes it seriously, and he has some pride in his play. On D1 he was constrained for time, and you could almost feel him bursting to get posts out while he could, because he had so much he wanted to do and say but not enough time to do it.

I don't think Scum!Reg is very likely to hide out in the bathroom because he wants to post stuff, he just uses the built in excuse to /not/ post stuff especially given we looked super likely to just lynch Fen.

It's like the opposite of how I'm feeling this game, like the words are freely flowing out of him, where I'm struggling to jam them through the dammed up creek that is my brainflow.

I'm not sure that helps you at all, but it's where I'm at.

7. Nothing Happens

Nothing Happens Squib

Vote: Empoof

Funny thing about this slot is it's gone from someone I think has an activity tell...to someone I think has an activity tell.

8. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Weren't you just mrgling at dLGN's entrance?

9. Eidolonic

Beru knows I tend to villa read people that push on me because generally I don't think they have the balls to do it as scum, when they know I'm town. It's kind of a ~levels~ thing. I just don't think they ever do it as town here, because it's just a waste of time, and they know that after 8+ years.

10. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Now this, is interesting

11. Eidolonic

Yes.

But Jan was town. dLGN being weird doesn't change that.

12. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    ...and none of the preceding posts are?

13. Eidolonic

I kind of like this.

Vote: Empoof

Do things.

14. Citrus

Citrus First Year

I mean. There's interesting and there's interesting

15. Eidolonic

I think Beru is significantly more likely to actually flip wolf here, but Empoof has a pretty stark activity disparity between alignments that I think is easier to read than most in the game.

16. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Like there's some moments in mafia that just... Feel right. And that post just oozes vibes of that.

Idk, something about that post just clicked well for me. Maybe because I'm in an extremely similar mind-point as Regfan. Like I literally am at the same place rn with beruru + X/X/X where empoof & NH fit an X each (and I guess Eidolonic too). And NH throwing a vote on empoof is hard pigging my "ooh about to maybe narrow workds/shit down" radar
    --- Post automerged ---
    Pinging*
    Worlds*

C'mon autocorrect, what do I even pay you for

17. Nothing Happens

Nothing Happens Squib

Eh. I'm not sure it explains a lack of reasonable alternatives they might be able to skate by on though. Like, playing the game with you definitely doesn't seem like the path of least resistance for wolf Beru here, but their thing with you was the most confident thing they were doing yesterday.

It's a level sandwich!

18. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    See, lol, I don't actually think he felt like Regfan. I haven't actually isoed him or really read his posting just now though so, eh, maybe I'll see it when I look property.

19. Eidolonic

Like, the thing is that it basically goes against everything they've done in mafia games with me - even when they've thinks I'm a wolf they gives me space because they know I tend to bus, and struggle to push villagers.

(Which is why I'm a villager in this game, I dunked the shit out of Fenwick, and I kinda think Cobalt fucked up his role flip :v)

I just don't see it being a Real Thought, that she doesn't see why I did what I did with the Fenwick read. Reaction testing, trying to see who sees the thing I see, it's all pretty common stuff in my play, and it just felt super fake.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Read the post he made while in the bathroom or whatever, it just felt like he was bursting at the seams to post in a way that I struggle him being like as a wolf.

He's not lock clear or anything, but I'm pretty sure this is his town play.

If it's not, it'll be obvious I think, now that he's back in the flow of things.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Not sure how much longer my eyes can stay open.

@Newcomb

@Regfan

Anyone else.

You've got me for like 5-10 more minutes.

Thoughts about things?

20. Nothing Happens

Nothing Happens Squib

Also, Vaimes being "Vaimesy" is like the least helpful thing I've ever read, lol. Yet it's come up several times.

I feel like there must come a point where you get fed up with his wanting to piledrive through parts of your town core.

& okay to your latest response, Eido.