1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The 100 Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Cobalt, Jul 8, 2018.

1. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Hi.

Votes have been pretty stagnant and I have to ask why people seem okay with that.

2. Citrus

Citrus First Year

They're doomed to be stagnant since it appears Beruru is not going to post til the last few hours of Day.

3. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Nothing Happens (1): Stanari (#1888)
    Nego (2): Jarizok (#1902), Vaimes (#1969)
    Citrus (2): dLGN (#1914), Empoof (#2246)
    Beruru (4): Citrus (#1870), Newcomb (#1878), fontisian (#1900), KaiDASH (#1901)
    Empoof (4): Beruru (#1893), Nothing Happens (#2147), Eidolonic (#2153), Regfan (#2181)

Abstaining (2): Nego, M Plus 7

-

I'm town. Stanari/dlGN are strong townreads. Jarizok replaced into a towny slot. I skimmed Empoof's post and have no real ~feelings~ there but I think the wagon on him is scummier than he is, so. Townlean?

Which is to say that I think~most of the scum are spread out among the two main wagons.

v/v makes sense to me here because of a complete lack of vote movement, unless scum are planning on going hard on whichever of beruru/Empoof is town closer to EoD2.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Actually I'm really mixed on beruru, hrgh.

4. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Beru is gone and Empoof is scummy /shrug.
    --- Post automerged ---

You think Beru is town because no one has moved off? Really. Reaaallly.

5. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Nego just seems to be in this sketchy position where he's ~mostly scumread but no one seems to want to pursue the wagon.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I mean if beruru is scum, then...the scumteam is hoping that Empoof will end up getting lynched? Or we'll CFD? beruru was almost lynched D1.
    --- Post automerged ---
    And like if beruru is gone, that's all the more reason to vote for OTHER people so that votecounts don't stagnate, you butt.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Anyway, that's all my mafia motivation for the day.

Game is weird and I'm uncomfortable.

6. fontisian

The other person I would vote for it, like, Nego, and that seems like it would be a disaster.

7. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    At work but should be able to catch up in the next few hours, won't be around tonight but have the day off tomorrow so can be around from like ~8 hours before EOD until EOD for the most part.

8. Nothing Happens

Nothing Happens Squib

It's not a scumhunting strategy or way of reading the thread or anything; I just wanted to gather up votes since the last posted votal and got your post incidentally in the middle of that. I also wasn't caught up then. The posts that bookend this one are me responding to pings I got and then hanging around for real-time chat for a bit. I'm puzzled about your insinuation that this was a "strategy" at any point because I've made no posts supposedly using it.

You're also independently scumreading me though, and I think specifically your not ruling out the anti-alignment was based in bad RAISONS, which are frustrating things to have to deal with knowing they're wrong, and yet are obviously the real reasons you have the read. The independent read means you can still lynch through me regardless of how fen flips. I don't get why the lack of an anti-alignment is significant here. I also didn't premise the "no-live scenario" comment with fen being a miss, so I don't know where that comes from.

The comment I was thinking of (the "other side of the coin" bit), I apparently misattributed to you because you've been consistent on how you were reading my fen read, so sorry about that. Pretty sure it belongs to someone else who hates my guts though.

Also there's some percent lingering tilt over the anti-alignment involved in that post.

It's hard to say it's "progressed" much due to their lack of time/presence. My read is one part events of this game and one part meta. I just think their Eido push is rather more daring than I'd expect them to do as a wolf given their long and storied history with Eido. The meta part is just me requoting the "ambient town" post I made at you, where they feel similar to a game from earlier this year where they were town with little time to play. Their confidence in/insistence on the Eido read has some parallels to trying to argue to Flight Rising natives that Tsaiah was just obvious town in that game.

I haven't played that many games with Beru but I tend to not understand what they're doing in the early game, so I just give them some space, and didn't really attempt a read before late Day 1.

Rest seems like not intended for me.

9. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

I agree. Jan and DLGN probably not w/w. :v

10. fontisian

Now you're even making dad jokes.

11. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    I started typing out a vote on Nego and then midway through realized that I didn't actually want to vote Nego.

Woe.

12. Nothing Happens

Nothing Happens Squib

I dunno, I thought you'd be eyeing that initial read on yourself and not liking it either instead of nodding. It requires me to sort you into one of the two groups I was describing and then get to my read without really explaining why I have it.

The chat we had about who's a wolf voting fen if he's a wolf felt very loose, like you were trying really hard not to talk about people.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Then I dunno either.

And I agree the game contains scum.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Wait, you just mean Kai there. Silly me.

13. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    Kai being scum, silly.

As for the rest... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    --- Post automerged ---
    My read on a bear is probably not going to get past "eeeeh?" today, and I'm not sure if it will within the foreseeable future at this rate. I still feel like I can get there if they are town, but, like... other people also feel this way about the other players in contention today.
    --- Post automerged ---
    The Citrus/Empoof section of the thread is...vaguely soporific.

14. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    @Jarizok - Talk to me about your M7 clean town read please; he's the one I keep coming back to in a "If I'm wrong on someone, who do I think it is".

@Fonti - Your Jan/Jari not w/w thing in 2192 makes some sense and does point against that being the case, just don't think it's a strong enough thing to make them hard anti-aligned.

I don't really like Negos "Might be best if you just lynch me today" type thing in2204 because it really grates me when people do that but it kind of reads sort of town here? Think I prefer Empoof/Bears > Nego here and those that are at the opposite of that really need to sell me on why Negos the lynch here.

15. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    I'm pretty eh on this. Focusing (too much?) on a partner that the rest of the thread is ignoring doesn't not fit the mold of a w/w interaction.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I don't know if that actually fits the shape of this game, though. I think it might for specific teams?
    --- Post automerged ---
    There's ... a town way to jump onto the gallows, and I don't really think that's it? I do sort of want to townread it too but not enough to really townread it, just enough to make me hesitate to vote.

16. Nothing Happens

Nothing Happens Squib

Not sure I agree. I've had trouble reading Nego's posts before in other games thinking they were bristling rather strongly at things people say to them while other things they write feel more mild, and it's tonally strange for me when it comes up. I don't think it's so much abrasive as aggressively accusatory and it's not insurmountable for Citrus.

17. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Not liking really any of Empoofs catch up thoughts at all, very very very much think he's just scum here; 2218 fits how I think scum post significantly more often in a "I think people will town read this" type thing. I think the sort of focus on the whole "Reg stated town read on Newcomb" "Citrus agreed with reasoning and stopped focusing there" is busy-work for the most part? The commentary about the Tsaiah read in 2221 feels like 'looking for something to push' rather than actually analysing the area? Like it ignores that Gemma wanted to interact with me about reads, or that it was a case of us two being online at the time and Tsaiah not being, it ignores that it was my first entrance into the thread with reads/thoughts and was catching up on everything/everyone. There's just...no attempt in that sort of read to try and work things out at all and the timing of it has a lot of scum motivation.

18. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    :V

Your other link is also broken.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Empoof's catchup probably does feel the worst of the three replacements, somehow, but I don't know if that's just style things.
    --- Post automerged ---
    He's not changing his read valuation, he's changing the information going into that valuation?

19. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Sigh, no idea how I keep messing up the links, very frustrating.

But yeah, none of Empoofs catch up / reads / interactions feel like him actually scumhunting here?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Eh, the whole "I've been decently active" type thing re; the votes on him in particular I think comes significantly more often as scum too.

20. Nothing Happens

Nothing Happens Squib

Thinking emoji?