1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The 100 Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Cobalt, Jul 8, 2018.

1. Nothing Happens

Nothing Happens Squib

Okay nvm I'm watching Treasure Planet first apparently. Be with you after. Notes on that day are like "Vaimes existent but merely so, Eido may have slipped?"

2. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I don’t think I’m budging from Eido.

I have a hard time seeing scum!NH pussyfooting around voting Eido here when I’ve been pointing the finger at him from the word go vOv

Scum theater is a thing, but the endless back and forthing with Stanari strikes me as very much not a scum thing.

Deadchat will literally crucify me if I let Eido slip away here. I’m not going to let it happen.
    --- Post automerged ---
    ://////

3. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

Yeah, I'm aware.

Which isn't ideal considering I kind of want to vote Smiles.

4. Nothing Happens

Nothing Happens Squib

Okay back. I'm in the part where people start casing Eido and stuff. I dunno whether it just washed over me before or what, but people's confidence there reads higher than I thought, even though it's talked in very much the context of a down-the-road thing while we shrug-lynch for a while.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Eye roll. It's not super meaningful but eh. That's the kind of down-the-road mentality I was getting from it all here.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Well, that isn't ideal either.

I'm pretty sure the burden of proof is more than just these posts right now considering you've had reasons to pass us both off until today. Show me.

5. Eidolonic

I'll get there.

Dealing with some personal stuff tonight regarding my wife. Strictly OOG, but not in a great spot.

6. Nothing Happens

Nothing Happens Squib

Oh jeez.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Vaimes is pretty different here from Sooh's game. Like if he's scum, he's really knocked it out of the park compared to that game.

The bit about him being more ballsy, freer, lighter, that kind of sentiment is really what's resonating there. In that game he can push cases but they're on distinctly non-spicy people, he seems to show not very good thread sense, he gets dragged down by a team that isn't doing much.

If there's anything that burns me here it's probably that last bit, because he's wanted some people to drag him to do the work in this game, but he did actually at least sit and do it. I think the thing that makes the slow settling and death of this game strange is it makes it hard to evaluate what counts as "caring", because the demands on looking like doing so weren't exactly high. But in the early game he shows actual game sense, instead of pushing his choice for lynch and just merely having reads besides.

I don't agree with his assertion that he'd not completely trash his town cred by doing nothing D2, unless that's meant to mean he's learned from Sooh's game. Obviously I'm colored by knowing the answer already, but Newcomb was going down and he didn't seem to do much and made a post about no-lynching that got jumped on.

It's arguable, and even been brought into this game, that Newcomb was a bad lynch in that game. But Vaimes can get away with pushing him and leaving him low on a list knowing he's a wolf and knowing all that he had going on and stuff. Here he'd have to be doing that for both Reg and Eido, who'd now both be town.

It's really a huge change if he's scum. I don't really think he is.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Okay I thought of the other thing that'd burn me on this comparison, and it's Vaimes never really getting pressured this game compared to others.

His responses to people not liking things he'd done in that game seemed...limp, more focused in saying those things were non-indicative rather than just giving something of a certain honesty to them. For one concrete thing, he makes some amount of comments on pop-ins in that game and how they should be meaningless, and it's not so here.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I'm reading the Eido "fuck this" defense post.

I'm...not sure how much it does for me, honestly. Maybe that has something to do with how it's saying to just go read other posts again.

I might ramble a bit instead. I'm somewhere between an Eido ISO and continuing to reread forward in the later Days and I'll actually, for sure, pick it up in the morning, and I have no unexpected plans this time.

I think one of the reasons wolf-Eido would leave me alive here is I don't know Vaimes, I'm not any kind of intellectual heavyweight here, and he thinks he can get away with lynching through mechanics. That's actually like three reasons but I'm not fixing that. Basically it creates a somewhat neat world in a few ways. Like, one of the things that post says is the NKs are ones he'd never make, but killing Reg and Newcomb especially removes the people who'd be the best at reevaluating on him, and in a sense, already did.

From Vaimes' end, it is pretty convenient to leave Eido alive because that'd be good pockets to be in (I'm talking back at the stage when there were really no mechanical kills left), but I'm less sure of why Eido in particular makes it here. Eido spent a while convincing Newcomb and Reg of his read (maybe not Newcomb, but you know). The easy thing to say is that Newcomb and Reg die for never being wolves with those that'd flipped, but he'd have to be valuing that over letting a role and a pseudo-mech-clear into further days.

The other thing I have a hard time believing is Eido seriously wants to go behavior over mechanics here as what seems to be his level 1 play, because it seems like his mind's set on it rather easily. I'm approaching it selfishly, but after we missed with Jari yesterday, I figured I'd both be alive coming into today and have the hammer. This F3 was always going to be hard (well, "hard") for him because, well, it's not so much that he sealed his pathway to victory so much as the game would be closing around him at some point. I didn't really know which way he'd approach it, but I don't think he's stupid. Early posts of his toDay feel like he's just throwing Vaimes the game if Vaimes happens to be the wolf. It's really, really bothersome.

Sorry I'm not pulling the trigger overnight. Got overwhelmed.

7. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

S’okay.

Everyone take five.

Or 24 hours.
    --- Post automerged ---
    In a werewolf game one guy referred to wolves bussing as “eating each other out.”

I hope this information brightens your day.

8. Eidolonic

It made me laugh, which is more than I can say for anything else in last day or so.

I'll try and give this game some focus tonight, but heart super isn't in it right now.

9. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I’m probably going to vote tonight.

I think we all want this to be over.

10. Nothing Happens

Nothing Happens Squib

I'm here with your ISOs open again, but like.

I definitely feel weird about being here because today wasn't a successful/productive/insightful day for me, so it almost feels wrong in a way to be hanging around playing a game on the internet, but I guess there's nothing stopping me now.

I tried to read WoW Mafia without knowing Vaimes' alignment, town-read him through page 2, clicked forward to his flip and he was town, so that seems like a good sign for Vaimes meta. But now back to this game.
    --- Post automerged ---
    This post didn't age well.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Also I miss Stanari just as like a person to talk to here.

11. Eidolonic

Eh. I don't think Vaimes ever reconsiders here, and I want to know if it's over or not before I sink any effort into it. @Nothing Happens hammer away if wolf, etc.

Vote: Vaimes

12. Nothing Happens

Nothing Happens Squib

This is me not hammering.

13. Eidolonic

Huh.

I was like 75% sure the game was over, heh.

Guess I need to summon up some wim and try and talk you into lynching Vaimes, but kinda suspect we lose this one. To Vaimes of all people, after I've shit talked his wolf game for ages, rip.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Man.

Wp Von. You got me.

This postgame is gonna fucking suck, after I've made fun of people for losing to you as a wolf recently.

Obviously you won't answer now, but how the fuck did you keep the energy up after your team imploded? D1 I get, you had Jan and you were both town read, but like. After Jan replaced out, and it was w/w wagons and then the other one gets vigged. Man.

I'd have just wilted and I'm no stranger to winning from tough odds.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Smiles, I think fundamentally the difference between me and Vaimes this game is that I have clearing interactions with wolves, and he doesn't.

I think I'm objectively super unaligned with Beru, and pretty unaligned with Jan, DLGN, and Empoof.

My Tsaiah town read was obviously wrong, but I think the progression on the read is pretty clearing, personally - comparing it to my only real meta baseline for her as a wolf, finding her higher energy this game, and kind of clinging to it a little until she replaces out, to which I pivot to thinking she's a wolf due to meta. It's gross stuff, but Beru is the one who started doing it, and that song and dance with Beru over Tsaiah just is never a w/w/w triangle.

14. Nothing Happens

Nothing Happens Squib

A post about mindset that the wolf team would have to be in:

I think blocking me shows that wolves don't know who has the roles. (I'm also gonna die laughing if it's me quoting the words "time warp" to dLGN that caused that, or something.) That was Night 2, so it's in character there to want to keep the role cop alive to hopefully get at least one check - more if reaching for town cred on the lynch works out.

In that case, wolves have incentive to switch off Empoof and make the Beruru lynch happen. We know at least dLGN was driving that.

I just keep reading Eido posts where you seem to want to minimize your involvement in that. You had a wolf read on Beruru, you had a wolf read on Empoof, you were voting Empoof, but you wanted Beru to produce something about their read on you. This was all coming close upon deadline in a 96-hour Day. The implication of that bit is if Beru can say something to your satisfaction, you pull off. But it doesn't seem like that was ever part of the plan.

Really, the flips we have already show that EoD2 was a healthy amount of wolf theater, and you're a decent fit for the showrunner.

One of the other things you bring up is that you'd give your partners other, more productive things to do, which I think resulted in the scum pushes on Citrus and Kai. We...well, we saw how those went. So like, I can be charitable here. I think you at EoD2 would be trying to make the best of a situation that's turned bad thanks to that meddling town. I don't think it's even that bad of an approach, other than I might have been an available mislynch if I wasn't apparently being PR-read.

But I hope you can see why I think you fit better in this world.

15. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Skipping the last few posts to vote.

Vote Eidolonic

Love you, but also lmao caught you from the word go.

Also I apologize to NH for not being nearly as much fun as Stanari.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I would like to take a post to extend an especially delicious “sheep me you fools” to all the clowns who blanket townread Eido. I am your god now.

16. Nothing Happens

Nothing Happens Squib

@Vaimes

You around?

Who is the "holy trinity" you referenced in WoW? I assume that was about people who can read you.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Oh, good timing.

17. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Jan, fontisian, and Newcomb are the holy trinity.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I’m playing IRL mafia and this game is over.

Please lynch Eido.

You will not feel confident doing so, probably, but I refuse to let him win because everyone assumed he’d self-resolve waaay before lylo.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I guess Newcomb can be a god with me.

Reg and font and Citrus and everyone else can bow down now.

18. Nothing Happens

Nothing Happens Squib

Okay, what if I say I'm not convinced?
    --- Post automerged ---
    (as I step away for a bit to brush teeth and stuff, brb)

19. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Trust me?

I dunno.

You can ask me questions if you think it will help.

Newcomb and I talked extensively about why Eidolonic is scum. I can go over some reasons I didn’t actually post itt.
    --- Post automerged ---
    The only reason I didn’t tunnel Eido harder is because he gets super snippy when he’s voted and I didn’t feel like dealing with it. :V

20. Nothing Happens

Nothing Happens Squib

Vote: Eidolonic

I'm at least ending the game. I might never feel good about doing it, but this is where I'm at and it hasn't really been changing.

If Vaimes is the wolf - hell of a game, man, for fooling like, most people. Some set of folks will get to bow down to you either way.