1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The 100 Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Cobalt, Jul 8, 2018.

1. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

I guess? But that's kind of just trying to find a possible narrative. Like, look at it from this way - Empoof and DLGN replace in, and if I'm in wolf chat with them, I give them the cliffs and stuff to talk about, etc and they what? Post like hot garbage? Eh.

I guarantee I warn dLGN off of poking at Reg and tilting him the way he did as his partner, but that's not really something I'd consider a strong point or anything.

The things I do think are strong:

1.) The Me/Beruru interactions. Both ends of it really - my overall progression, including literally missing a post explaining the thing I was trying to get them to explain, and the way they pushed on me, then backed off it, appeasing me and talking to me like I'm a villager, when it was obvious I wasn't town reading them for it like they presumably hoped I would. It had a very strong 'okay jeez get off my nuts' vibe from their end that is pretty objectively w/v I think.

2.) The way I got to a town read on Jan. I don't think that's a comparison I even think to draw if I'm w/w with Jan, comparing him to a game where we were v/w and I caught him and destroyed his soul - I think it's one of the reads I've made this game that best showcases nuance/thinking about the read in a way that comes from a villager, even if the read was depressingly wrong.

3.) The way Empoof responded to my push on him, and the way I wavered on him after it. I think I respond basically any way except the way I did there if I'm a wolf. Like, I basically said I kind of wanted to town read it, but wasn't sure I should, then kept vote on him until Beru showed up and I dove at her like a dog with a bone to finally answer what I'd been hounding her about. I was frozen, with iso's up on both screens and I don't think I'm ever actually frozen as a wolf there.

4.) dLGN defending me like he knew I was a villager. Really weird post, cba pulling it up, you know the one. That's w/w approximately never.

5.) The whole meta song and dance with Beru about Tsaiah post-replace out. I think I even briefly town read Beru for having the thought process about Tsaiah, but then I end up going back to them anyways? Eh.

6.) The big post I made to Newcomb about why I'm a villager. That had way too much fire in it for me to make it as a wolf. If you compare it to my EoG posts in Anni, they were like...emotionally manipulative/sad/pleading/actively trying to make people feel bad about lynching me - that's a stark difference from here, where it was a kind of 'fuck you, you should know better than this'. Because I still have trouble believing Newcomb genuinely thought I could be a wolf given my ISO and interactions this game. It's entirely possible he didn't, and was just trying to stoke my fire a bit, considering he /did/ switch to M+7 pretty easily, but I think that's the kind of thing that showcases the difference between my town/wolf play - if you try to lynch me as town, I get pissed off, if you try to lynch me as a wolf, I try to make you feel bad/unsure about it. I think looking at the end game of Hobbit (where I was a villager) might be a reasonable comparison point given that context. It's not a situation I'm in often, because I don't /get/ shaded as a villager the way I have this game, but is what it is.

7) My Fenwicked push. The biggest weakness in my wolf game is that I cannot push villagers. Look at Anni, look at Utimate Showdown, look at Mistborn, look at any wolf game of mine ever. I bus d1, I bus d2, then I kind of go 'WOW GUYS, GAME SURE IS HARD' and hope town does the work for me, because I'm just not capable of pushing a villager with conviction. I make that big joking dissertation type post about Fenwick 0 wolf games out of 100, genuinely thought he was a wolf, and a small part of me still kinda wonders if Cobalt is going full troll (I don't think it's true, just that's the certainty level I was at).

2. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I’m town!
    --- Post automerged ---
    You can rest now, Eido.

3. Nothing Happens

Nothing Happens Squib

Oh my god you were writing a post. I totally snarfed you.

I'm so sorry.

4. Eidolonic

Lol. WP Vaimes.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Glad it's over I guess, had no energy to even try after getting some rough news yesterday. Think I probably could have swayed Smiles if I had time to dive into it, but it wasn't going to happen when I had to struggle to post or care.

Thanks for hosting, Cobalt.

And sorry to team, etc, feel like I cost us the game by running out of steam a bit.

5. Nothing Happens

Nothing Happens Squib

Hope everything goes okay, Eido.

I'm kind of bad at the sympathetic words but you've definitely had a rough go of real-life things this whole time.

6. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I am Vaimes, hear me roar.
    --- Post automerged ---
    also sorry things took a bad turn Eido

7. Eidolonic

Simultaneous wolf rands in this and anni with wolf team imploding in both of them was..

Not fun.

And yeah, my health issues made it a struggle too, then wind gets totally sucked out of me yesterday.

Eh. I tried, but I'm not proud of the effort, know I could have done a lot more.

8. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    Gg wp; sorry for being a trashcan teammate, probably shouldn't have subbed in tbh.

9. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

No worries. You got caught because you were targeted by the tracker.

Plus you had a slightly awkward eod2, but the situation was weird in the first place.
    And got resolved early because of the vigshot on the poof.

If you are not exactly the roleblocker or you guys listen to bears roleread on citrus then you are in no real danger to die and might as well endgame.

Thanks for subbing in. Maybe next time we both get to play from start to finish.
    Oh and please let both of us not play from start to finish on monday. (endgaming mashes is a pain)

10. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Eido was lynched! Eido was...

General Diyoza, Mafia Goon

Game is over! Town wins. You may all post.

11. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

Huzza! :D

12. Nothing Happens

Nothing Happens Squib

I'm still interested in what got me blocked, lol.

13. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Anyway next game.
    --- Post automerged ---
    And I guess I’ll try harder to be more inclusive and friendly. :V

14. M Plus 7

M Plus 7 Squib

Yay, we won!!! Well played everyone! Sorry I sucked it up so bad haha. Promise I’ll try to play with you all again when I’m not as distracted, trying to avoid burnout, etc.

Good game!

15. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    Thanks for the game and thanks for modding, Cobalt! Really appreciate the flavor (I swear I read it!) and super prompt SODs.

Vaimes and the neighborhood both have amazing QTs. Eido getting 4 miskills while solo was also amazing and is definitely not where I saw this game going on N3 :p

I <3 y'all and playing with y'all, and I hope all the RL stuff that happened this game resolved or resolves speedily and well.

16. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Is there a scum discord AND a scum qt? I'm confused what to read

17. Eidolonic

Yes. The QT is basically non-existent.

18. Citrus

Citrus First Year

@Cobalt I thought you told me the same scum player couldn't kill and night action at the same time! What happened there N2
    --- Post automerged ---
    Phew that was a long read

19. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

No, I told you they could.

20. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Wait really?

Now I'm looking through my qt and can't even find the answer either way. My bad if I'm just dumb lol