1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Slash Fics?

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by Earthie, Aug 6, 2018.

Not open for further replies.
  1. Earthie

Earthie Banned

Always on the lookout for good slash fics - would prefer Tomarrymort fics, but Drarry and Wolfstar are always a fun read.

Harry/Zacharias Smith is another good pairing if anyone knows any good fics with them?

Ta my lovelies!

Last edited: Aug 6, 2018
  2. Otters

Otters Groundskeeper ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
  3. Earthie

Earthie Banned

I thinking more serious slash and not silly crack fics, myself.

4. Dicra

Dicra Groundskeeper

Not the easiest task with these particular pairings. I'd go as far and say your desire for Harrymort fics counteracts the desire for fics that aren't silly crack fics and still good.

5. Earthie

Earthie Banned

I mean crack fics are all well bag good, but I’ve OD recently because of Wattpad.

I have a bunch I’m subbed too but none have been updated and aaaah I need good slashy fics.

There are a ton of 1st class Tomarrymort fics our there, maybe you just haven’t found the right ones?

6. Sorrows

Sorrows Queen of the Flamingos Moderator

It's not a pairing I've read. Perhaps someone can point you in the right direction. There isn't much focus on slash fiction around here though so you might find reccomenedations thin on the ground, particularly for more unusual pairings.

7. Earthie

Earthie Banned

I’ve a found a corner of the Potter fandom where slash isn’t the main topic of discussion?

Damn, even being in fandom since ‘99 I can still be surprised, lol

8. Sorrows

I think the last time it was brought up was here if slash makes it onto this forum it tends to be because the writing is genuinely good rather than because it features a particular pairing or kink so recommendations probably are worth checking out if that's your bag.

Though be warned if you go digging around ancient threds. The further back you go into the forums history the more vehement the discussion on Slash is likely to be. By and large these days you wont get driven out with a pitchfork for reccing Snarry or Volerharry or whatever but that was less the case ten years or so ago so old posts are less mature about the whole thing.

9. Hymnsicality

Hymnsicality Seventh Year

I guess I can kind of see how the name Dark Lord Potter can conjure up notions of Voldemort buttfuckery, but I’m almost entirely sure after reading your almost recommended fic rec that this is not the forum site you’re searching for. For fics in your niche (which appear to be PWP slash fics) you might want to search elsewhere.

10. Earthie

Earthie Banned

Rude. Is this usually how you welcome newbies to the forum?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Oof, thanks for the heads up.

11. Hymnsicality

Hymnsicality Seventh Year

In a word. Yes. Your tastes are incompatible with like 98% of the people here. Go search through the library, the few slash fics that are there are because of the strengths of their storytelling alone.

12. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Prestigious Tomato ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    If you're not taking the piss, you have severely misjudged the general story tastes of this forum. As helpful as some of the above have been, you are not going to have much luck with what you're searching for here.

13. Sorrows

Yeah that's a pretty restrained and polite greeting you got. I was a bit surprised you didn't get immediately banned as a troll. Since you appear to be sincere you are welcome of course. You might not find a great deal of fiction or interest in the area you have so far shown you enjoy, but you will find quality fiction and active posters with something intelligent to say are always welcome no matter their tastes. If that's what you're looking for nice to meet you.

14. Zombie

Zombie Black Philip Moderator DLP Supporter

15. Hawkin

Hawkin Chief Warlock

Lightning on the Wave has the Saving Connor series (7 books) which is Harry/Draco. It's pretty filled with Angst, but it's a serious fic with a lot of interesting worldbuilding (at least it was like 10 years ago).

16. PotterFan

PotterFan High Inquisitor

OP is definitely a troll.

17. RottedKarma

RottedKarma First Year

High Score:
    Hey OP, out of curiosity, do you want to read fics with slash because it's slash, or is it that you enjoy a romance between two people that just so happen to be male? 'Cause I've never understood the urge to seek out slash just for the sake of it being slash.

18. Sorrows

I think we scared her off. Guess we still need to work on that 'be more welcoming' thing. Shame, it's always nice to get newbs who actually post even if their tastes are a bit different to the forum norm.

19. Earthie

Earthie Banned

Hey! I read & write slash because it's just what I prefer? I do read Het fics (fanfic and not fanfic) but 9 times out of 10 I tend to go for the LGBT centred fics (being LGBT myself, it's only natural I suppose.)
    --- Post automerged ---
    Lol, nah, just had offline things to do.
    --- Post automerged ---
    ....Because I'm new? Charming.
    --- Post automerged ---
    OOh ta!

20. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Prestigious Tomato ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Because the fics you've recc'd are not great. You should also check out the new users guide. You'll be doing yourself a favour.

Not open for further replies.