1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Worst Fic You Ever Read.

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Rico Rodriguez, Sep 10, 2018.

1. Rico Rodriguez

Rico Rodriguez Banned

Oh, is there?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Confession: When I was relatively new to fanfiction, I read a fic that had super bashing, bad characterization, OP main characters, basically mary sues and gary stues on hero's side, and I really thought it was the best piece of fiction I ever read.

Does that make me seem like a tasteless pathetic person?

2. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Prestigious Tomato ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    This fucking thread.

Everyone starts out with shit taste in fanfic. Some of my first fics were by Jeaconais. But then I stumbled across a fanfic community that was all about finding good fiction, managed to avoid acting like a fuckwit, and here I am.

3. Otters

Otters Groundskeeper ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    What the actual fuck? You have bragged about how annoying you are. Refused to change your shitposting ways when confronted. Incessantly spammed the forums. And you have the audacity to whine about other people trying to annoy you because you've got a case of the grumpies.

You're an active detriment to this community. Fuck you. I hope you get eaten by locusts.

4. Rico Rodriguez

Rico Rodriguez Banned

Nice to see you think so highly of me. As for the other, I am like that, but I wasn't bragging. I behave like that for some time, until people get to tolerate it and I then tone down my behavior. Helps me find good friends. Yeah, I spammed, because I am relatively new to it, and got confused about certain things. I didn't know what a plot bunny was until I checked its thread. Okay, and the main thing you have to learn about me is that I rarely accept my mistakes, I am too proud for that. I use excuses and excuses.

Now, I know that I have annoyed many of you, and I am truly sorry for that. And I will try to tone down my behavior too.

P.S. Can you actually get eaten by locusts?

5. Zeelthor

Zeelthor Scissor Me Timbers

I don't know if you can, but I am currently sacrificing three goats and Oz's virgin blood to Sakhmet in hopes of finding out.

Stop whinging about how pathetic and/or whatever you are. We don't care and I honestly worry you secretly get off on debasement when you phrase it that way. Instead, think very, very carefully before you post. Consider: Does this add to the discussion? Can it live without my input?

Now go back, follow advice given to you in earlier threads, and work on yourself and your fanfiction. Until you have done that, do us all a favour, remain silent, and open a window. The locusts will be right along.

6. Rico Rodriguez

Rico Rodriguez Banned

As Sherlock Holmes said,
    "Yes, thank you for your input."

7. Johnnyseattle

Johnnyseattle Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

I love the way DLP has evolved over the years, everyone has become more refined versions of themselves, gotten more perspective and polished, and the writing and general feel of the place is overall so much better than it was 5-10 years ago.

The downside to this is that 5-10 years ago whiny, amateur, antagonistic shitposting cunts got nuked so much faster.

8. Dicra

Dicra Groundskeeper

I keep asking myself why this place attracts so many of them, though.

9. Rico Rodriguez

Rico Rodriguez Banned

You know whenever I think about the word DLP, I get reminded of the theme music of this Tamil movie called Velai illa Pattathari, with the words VIP (Velai Illa Pattathari) changed into DLP.

10. Microwave

Microwave Professor

And this is relevant to what exactly?

11. Zel

Zel High Inquisitor

High Score:
    A little too late to start asking that question, man.

12. Jeram

Jeram Elder of Zion ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Alright, you want ACTUAL advise on how to talk British? Watch all four seasons of "Love Island", which is a terrible (y entertaining) UK reality show so you know they aren't scripted in the typical way (because they are too dim). You'll learn because there are people so deeply Scouse even other people on the show don't cotton on to their prattle.