1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

A Member of the Faculty by Caipora - M - One Shot

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by Xiph0, Mar 2, 2007.

1. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

Title: A Member of the Faculty
    Author: Caipora
    Rating: M, but only for implications.
    Genre: Humor
    DLP Category: Humor/Parody
    Pairing: None... kinda
    Summary: The ladies of Hogwarts meet to wrestle with a directive from Dumbledore: It is a Hogwarts tradition to always accommodate a Member of the Faculty.
    Link: FF.nazi

Major rofl, it's a little cliche here and there, but the mere concept and delivery was funny.

3/5 - 4/5

2. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    That's possibly the most random thing I've ever seen. Though not quite as random as Flying Without a Broom.

Funny, in a strange kind of way, and kinda strange at how eager they are...

I give it a 4/5 cause its... different.

3. nonjon

nonjon Alumni Retired Staff

That was completely surreal. Some hilarious lines in there and few that make you wince. I was a little annoyed that the whole thing was in italics and I didn't want to think about *why* Umbridge feared the centaurs so much. But if you like a healthy dose of bestiality innuendo, then this is definitely good for a guffaw.

4/5

4. yojorocks

yojorocks Seventh Year

Amusing, yes, and definitely quite original, but it didn't really grab my attention quite that well. It just didn't seem to have any point other than to explore beastiality and exorcise a plot bunny.

In all, it wasn't anything special, but definitely deserves props for being unique.
    3.5/5

5. malaga

malaga Auror

This made me snicker, which is pretty good for something this short. However, there are a few things... Like a landlady at the Hogs Head? In canon there's a rather creepy sounding man, and it's a dull and dingy club, not somewhere for a bachelor party / Hen night.

6. magyareagle

magyareagle Guest

I think I'm gonna gag...

7. the-caitiff

the-caitiff Death Eater

For some reason the bachelor parties I've been to (all two of them so maybe it doesn't apply) tend to end up in those kind of places. Dark, dingy, dirty, and full of women that make you go "ughhhh..." (*shiver*), they're very effective at making the woman you're about to spend the rest of your life with (assuming you're the victim) that much more attractive.

Oh and that creepy old man in canon? Aberforth Dumbledore, yes really go check.

8. deathinapinkboa

deathinapinkboa Minister of Magic

Trewlaney stood. "Ladies, I See a much happier year, a more filling, I mean fulfilling, year ahead at Hogwarts. I never thought I'd say this. But I'd like to propose a toast to the one responsible for adding Firenze to the faculty. Here's to Dolores Umbridge."

That was the only time I really laugher.

Still, the concept was really interesting, and I didn't notice spelling and grammar problems--not that I ever do. I think it should end up in the Library, so I'll give it 4/5