1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Dragalia Lost ( Mobile Gacha )

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Jon, Sep 29, 2018.

1. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

What's this Jon, a new gacha? I thought you'd sworn off the dreaded G-word? I did, yes. But that bitch Gengar pulled me back in.

Dragalia Lost just started two days ago. in 4 hours it'll reach it's third day, so if what you read below interests you at all I encourage you to take a dip in and at least check it out, especially as the first 'raid' event starts tomorrow.

This is from the same people who made Granblue Fantasy and is in fact a Nintendo title. If you ever played and liked that then you'll like this, and if you haven't, then you'll like it anyway. Nintendo's handprints are very light over all, and it's pretty much just them slapping their name on it.

This is very much reminiscent of old mobile titles. Tap to attack, drag your finger to move. The art style is very reminiscent of final fantasy chibi style, and I very much like the art direction—which I suppose is a must for any good gacha.

t;dr you are the Dragonborn. Instead of slaying dragons you fuck them—well one of them. The rest you sorta just become bff's with.

I've reached chapter 6 and just unlocked hard mode. I've spent way too much time on this so far considering it released just two days ago. The gacha system is decent. you get a ton of 'wyrmite' (the free currency) over the course of the story and I've probably rolled about 8 times and I have 5 five-stars. 2 dragons, 2 characters and 1 'wyrmprint' which is the skill card name in this game.

Every time you don't draw a 5 star with the ten-pull it increases the likelihood that you will pull a 5 star by 1% or so—and you have the ability to upgrade any card into a 5 star over time. Characters don't get duplicates, instead you get a currency for any pull of a character you already have, and using that you can make any of your waifu/husbando not shit. ;)

tl;dr check it out, I guess?

2. Nuit

Nuit Dark Lord

I tried it. It was okay but my crappy tablet could only handle it for about thirty minutes.

3. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    It was Nintendo, so I was obligated to at least give it a shot. I was encouraged by how Nintendo has handled Gacha in the past with FEH, so I figured the money aspect wouldn't be too bad, and from what I've seen it's not.

You can get Gacha currency from simply playing co-op at the moment, which is wild to me. Seven games of co-op will get you enough currency for ten rolls.

I just hit chapter three, and the story's alright so far. It's been enjoyable enough, and considering that's it's free? Good value.

4. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Do not roll singles, always roll tenfold - you're guaranteed a 4* by doing so.

They also put a stop to the 50 wyrmcrystals per new online buddy in coop, we were farming them for the first few hours before it stopped. I thought it was because I wasn't running into new players anymore, doesn't seem the case though.

And I regret nothing Jon.

This game seems very f2p friendly, but there's no reason not to put 33 bucks down (AU, not sure US). It's a one-time purchase for a guaranteed 5* and enough crystals for a tenfold roll - especially if you feel like you'll like the game.

5. Rehio

High Score:
    I just met the Flamewyrm and now this game seems more fun.

Brunhilda is amazing. I wasn't expecting the shift at all, and now I understand this game a bit more now.

Let's get some waifu.

6. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Seems okay. Combat is a little too simplistic, especially if you have either a 5 star char or a 5 star dragon.

I like the various upgrade systems for the most part. Acquiring resources is not so involved that you have to play nonstop.

Also... bunnygirls.

7. Jon

Combat gets harder later on.

Chapter 6 has several nodes that are whooping my ass.

8. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    That's good to know. I'm only just beginning Ch5 and I was starting to get a little bored. My 5 star fire dragon just cuts through every boss like a hot knife.

Combat aside, I'd say the game is worth it just so you can listen to Cinderella Step on a loop. Guaranteed to get stuck in your head for months on end.

9. Zombie

Zombie Black Philip Moderator DLP Supporter

Downloading. Says it has a 1.2 gig additional file. Of course it does.

10. Oxy

Oxy Seventh Year

Just finished tutorial alas no 5* rolls so I am rerolling. The music is rather childish.
    Compared to FGO this game actually has a gameplay element so that is a plus. The gacha rates feels even worse with a 0.5% chance in getting a 5* adventure. At least the launch is loaded with wyrmites although I don’t expect it to last.

edit: rerolling gaved me Hawk, whose apparently top tier.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2018
  11. Dr. Strange Lulz

Dr. Strange Lulz Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Got two possible rolls to use.

Agni & Jeanne

Or

Ezelit & Mikoto

Advice from those more experienced? It comes down to characters or dragons.

Or keep rerolling like a munchkin until I get an optimal combo.

12. Mishie

Mishie Fat Dog

What happened to you Jon? Where did it all go so wrong?

13. Jon

@Mishie don't judge me, judge @Gengar he told me to do it. The sad thing is I'm contemplating writing something for it, lol.

Shame you didnt get Agni and one of the other two, you'd have a baller fire unit.

You have a bunch of rolls in the future coming via story content plus at the end of your fourth day of play you'll get a ticket for another 10 roll.

I'd probably go for the dragons myself as you can always promote a unit to 5 star, but I don't think you can do the same for dragons.

Dragons are basically the 'limit break' move and you'll be rolling in units soon enough. Every story unit is 4 star minimum, so you're never really lacking them.

14. Oxy

Oxy Seventh Year

Pulled another 5* adventure by luck. Its that egyptian girl.

15. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

You guys are too lucky :(

16. Oxy

Oxy Seventh Year

If you want, you may have the acc (provided there is a safe way to hand over the acc). I don’t think this game will hold my interest for long.

17. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

Don't worry, I've been grinding already for too long and I'm attached to my account with Jeanne.

This game is pretty fun.

18. Rehio

High Score:
    Upgrading weapons seems both important and very tedious. Am I missing something here?

19. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Weapons are the biggest time/resources sink, moreso than even adventurers, halidom, wyrmprints or dragons.

They seem to be the single most important thing in the game - given how expensive they are, I'm not quite sure what equipping a different element weapon does, but if it's as i think (you deal critical damage to the expected element), then that's awesome.

Also, they're not bound to adventurers at all (aside from weapon type restrictions).

So while I'd like a major qol improvement (let me craft higher tier weapons and take the mats in a lump sum), I love the future-proofyness.

20. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I did a few rerolls, finally got one with a five star cards and have gotten Agni the dragon, Valiant Crown the Wyrmprint and Ezelith. That worth keeping or should I reroll? Gonna be honest, was hoping for either Jeanne or Nefaria but don't really want to keep downloading and rerolling forever either.