1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Footage from a new Harry Potter RPG may have been leaked

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Download, Oct 2, 2018.

1. Zombie

Zombie Black Philip Moderator DLP Supporter

Didn't they have that playstation game where you could do spells with it? It was rather limited but it was back when everyone was trying to be like the Wii.
    It might be cool, but I'd like the button mashing better. PVP could be vocal casting though. That way I could make fun of Taure.

2. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    It was alright. Nothing particularly special, even for the limited motion sensing tech we had available back then.

3. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'm waiting for developers to be confirmed.

If it's Rocksteady (no one knows what they're doing. People theorising a superman or JL game, but not confirmed anywhere), I'll be excited. Even moreso if it's not open world. I love OW games, but Rocksteady's best game was Asylum, not the other two. Make it within Hogwarts and it can very easily feel like a 3D Symphony of the Night - I mean, it's Hogwarts, I can't think of a better setting for a Metroidvania.

4. Ludwig

Ludwig Fourth Year

High Score:
    I am fully hyped for this.

5. Nerdman3000

Nerdman3000 Seventh Year

So the story on how the original poster even got the leaked footage is quite interesting, but also very believable from what I can tell.

https://www.reddit.com/r/harrypotter/comments/9kn1y9/unannounced_harry_potter_rpg_has_crafting/

He apparently recorded it during one of those Mall Survey things a couple of malls in California tend to have that showcase unreleased trailers (usually those mall survey's are for movies as far as I'm aware) and ask focus groups for opinions and he managed to record it thanks to incompetent WB employees apparently giving zero fucks and not bothering to check him or a few other people if they had a phone or make absolute certain he or they signed the NDA they were given.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2018
  6. Pirazy

Pirazy Groundskeeper

The sequel will be called 'The Last Wizard' and will feature an older Harry Potter being a total dick that is the complete opposite of the man portrayed in the originals.

lol jk no way rowling would authorize anything that stupid.

7. Nerdman3000

Nerdman3000 Seventh Year

She authorized the Cursed Child and the recent Hogwarts Mystery Mobile game. I can see her authorizing this RPG.

8. Red Aviary

Red Aviary Hogdorinclawpuff ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Cursed Child is roughly in the same shit-tier as The Last Jedi is, and I'm not too impressed with what I've seen of these new movies. Hopefully Rowling stays far away from this game and they have talented enough writers to make the Harry Potter world more interesting.

I've only ever played one Harry Potter game, and it was the Philosopher's Stone game for PC way back when. It ran like shit on the old computer we had, so I didn't play much of it, but I vaguely remember that to use some spells you had to replicate the wand motions with your mouse. Something like that would make magic more interesting than just pressing a key/button.

It would also be neat if there were a good (and skippable for NG+) tutorial mission where your actions inclined you to a certain House at the end, though I suppose since the Sorting Hat lets you choose it would only be a strong suggestion. A House reputation system could also be interesting. Furthermore it'd be nice if all Houses had their own pros and cons instead of Hufflepuff just being boring and Slytherin being for edgelords.

Granted I'm probably setting the bar too high for a Harry Potter game.

9. James

James Unspeakable

Way to detect sarcasm, guys

10. Heleor

Heleor EsperJones DLP Supporter

Anyone have a mirror? The original video was deleted. (Which kinda confirms it's real.)

11. Sataniel

Sataniel High Inquisitor

High Score:

Edit: Wrong language, seem to do that a lot recently.

Not sure how long this will be online, they DMCA strike hard.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2018
  12. Gengar

High Score:
    I can very easily see this being a Game Awards announcement.

13. Dario

Dario Squib

Leaked Trailer

“Set in the 19th Century (1800’s) Wizarding World, this 3rd person open-world action RPG game centers around your character with unique abilities who has eared (sic) a late acceptance to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. You are a newly arrived 5th year student to Hogwarts that demonstrates a latent gift for magic with a unique ability to track and identify remnants of a pottant (sic) ancient power.

Upon arrival, strange events begin to materialize In the Forbidden Forrest and trouble begins o (sic) brew within the castle walls. Together with Professor Elezar Fig, you embark on a journey through both familiar and never before seen locations to bring to light the truth behind these mysterious occurrences.

On your quest you will craft potions, master new spells, and discover fantastical beasts. You will battle Dark Wizards, Goblins, and other supernatural enemies and uncover the truth about your destiny – the Fate of the Wizarding World lies in your hands.

FEATURES

-Journey to Hogwarts to become one of 8 different Wizard types

-Experience Hogwarts, make new friends, uncover new secrets, and change the fate of the Wizarding world.

-Experience a new magic system that creates countless possibilities to master magic.

-Freely explore the Wizarding World for the first time, Choose your house and friends at Hogwarts, and decide to pursue a path of good or evil.

-Create your own witch or wizard, and experience a (sic) all new story separate from the books or films.“

Source

————

I’m unsure of the validity, but if it is true it definitely looks exciting. I figured I’d bring it to the forum’s attention.

What are your thoughts? :)

EDIT: It seems this has already been posted on the forum, just not in the gaming section, my apologies. I am unsure how to delete a thread, so I suppose I’ll leave that to a moderator.

Original Thread

Moved. --Sesc

14. Odran

Odran Fourth Champion

A friend mentioned that there's some kind of upcoming convention in New York this weekend that's supposed to have plenty of HP stuff and Rocksteady is going to have a presence, so they might reveal it officially there.

15. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Prestigious Tomato ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    You fucking wot m8.

I will become fully erect if they go in depth with the spell system. Give me voice commands and mouse/analogue stick movements. Oh man, leveling up a spell so you can reduce the required movements/cast non verbally. I am down for becoming an Animagus too. #polarbearlyfe

16. Nerdman3000

Nerdman3000 Seventh Year

That'd be cool. Personally though I'd like it to have a first person mode of some kind.

17. Arthellion

Arthellion Lord of the Banned ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Most I could see would be verbal spells unless they go full VR.

My primary concern is whether it will be a good story. Please be better than cursed child

18. MrBucket

MrBucket Fifth Year

They would honestly have to go out of their way to be worse than Cursed Child. I'm not even talking shit just for the sake of talking shit. Cursed Child had moments that genuinely baffled me and made me wonder what the hell they were smoking. I don't know how they could possibly make a game that's worse unless they sat around the office, snickering and snorting cocaine.

Edit: And yet, at the same time, I sort of hope they did snort cocaine while making this.

19. Conquistador

Conquistador High Inquisitor

High Score:
    Actually looks awesome.

If they use a powerful magical core as the reason for having the student capable of starting at 5th year, I propose that we change all that hater's titles to Wrong.

(This is NOT me trying to convince the admins to give me a special title. NOT at all. )

;)

20. Gengar

High Score:
    I haven't read through this post in its entirety, so sorry if someone already brought this up:

If the game is set in the late nineteenth century, isn't it possible we could be going to school with Dumbledore?