1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Dragalia Lost ( Mobile Gacha )

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Jon, Sep 29, 2018.

1. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I went back to 3* weapons and enhancing to max once I realized that I didn't even have a single mat for the 4*. They do just fine, but I'm gonna need to figure out the proper progression to unlocking higher tier stuff. I feel like I'm missing some steps that I need to figure out in the path here.

Facility level 126. Getting a bunch of items from the raids and such that I have no idea what to do with.

Oh, a golden butterfly thing. Sounds good. Wish I knew what it was for.

2. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Am doing fine enough but not great. So far, have three 5 star dragons (one of which was the one from the event), two 5 star adventurers and a few 5 star wyrmbonds. Am slowly nearing 7k.

As for facility level, still haven't cracked 100 but should do so soon enough. It does take a while to farm the mats.

3. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

If anyone is umming and erring about getting into Dragalia I have an account with Lily, Xainfried and Poisedon that I rolled.

4. Thaumologist

Thaumologist Fifth Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Picked this up after seeing the thread for the first time, and it's alright. Being (even if only a little) English voiced is definitely a standout in comparison to every other mobile game I've tried recently.

The gacha rate seems pretty bad - and not just for 5*, but 4* too - although that could be because Azur Lane has eaten all of my luck. On the other hand, it seems like I'm getting a bunch of characters, not just wyrmprints.

The characters don't grab me, for the most part. Admittedly, I've not yet been exploring the character stories, but most of them don't appear in cutscenes, and your backline doesn't really do much in quests to stand out from every other character. Maybe once I've actually played around with all the options some will stand out a bit more.

Also, the menus when rolling, or when looking into equipping, are annoying. I don't want to look at a fullscreen picture of a rock, I'd like to know what it actually does. Is it better than the picture of a drum?

The current event's really good, especially for a new game. Even more so for a new game which wasn't previously release elsewhere. But adding in a lottery gacha, drop-limited raids, and large scale battles is pretty expansive for a game less than a month old. It bodes well for the future.

It's nice to not be two years behind JP, CN, and KR. My only gripe was that this wasn't currently available for EU, and Nintendo seemed to be pretty quick to hand out DMCA takedowns for the APK files, as most of the sites I tried didn't have it anymore. However, the updates so far have just been direct downloads, rather than a new version. They can't (apparently) run in the background, but they warn of filesize first, and not having to find, download and run the APK every few weeks is nice.

Worth a try, at the very least.

5. Rehio

High Score:
    The lottery gacha in the event isn't really bad at all. There are a limited number of items you can pull, meaning that you're guaranteed to hit the high value targets eventually. Once you get them, you can reset it entirely and refill all slots so you can get the good items again.

6. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I am losing enthusiasm for this game tbh. There is a lot of grind, which I guess is normal for games like this and a lot daily missions where playing feels less like fun and more like an obligation and chore. I also agree with Thaumologist in that it's really hard to care for most characters. The one I liked most was the trainer, she was fun but not exactly someone I would play this game for.

I dunno, FGO really hits this sweet spot of being a familiar source material one is already invested in but also not mindlessly and badly retelling old stuff we already know but instead telling new stories, exploring new characters and just getting to know the setting and system better and other games have a hard time measuring up. Azure Lane I also played for a week or so and kinda stopped ever since I started trying Dragalia Lost.

Guess there is also the thing where it is hard to really keep up with more than one game outside of dedicating a few hours of your day to them which is not something I can do often or for long, nor do I want to, tbh.

So I guess I will slowly phase out of Dragalia lost and keep with FGO.

7. Oxy

Oxy Seventh Year

I am pretty deep into DL right now (9,3k might) that I feel I can give my opinion of the game.

For a mobile game, DL is amazingly well done. I have never any form of performance issues despite that its quite a bit heavier than all other games on this platform that I have played.

It helps that this game has only 1 server which connects every region. In FGO NA, I kinda felt the priority was always put first to JP and then whatever resources was left was given to NA. This is obviously not the case in DL, which is big bonus in my book.

DL feels more like a console game and with the backing of Nintendo and Cygames I believe it will be healthy for the foreseeable future. Moreover, unlike other gacha games, DL is significantly more skill related rather than a wallet drain. All of this bodes really well for DL.

Unfortunately, on the down side is that DL is very very grindy. Much moreso than FGO. The rates are even worse than FGO and the pity rates doesn’t appeal to me seeing that it also takes into account the wyrmprints.

On top of that, I can very well imagine that DL becomes some form of second job to the dedicated players, which was something I disliked in WoW as well.

I wouldn’t call it out of proportion if guilds and achievements (in the form of titles) will be demanded down the line in order to join groups via the discord group.

All in all my favorite remains FGO, but I will occasionally play DL when my FGO runs out of AP.

Edit: Also wish to add that I feel the story in DL is full of clichés and that I don’t feel nearly as invested in the characters compared to FGO, but that may change as the story progresses. Especially considering that FGO early on also had its hiccups.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
  8. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

I'm done with the event today. Got 1.6k gold medals, which is not too bad a place to leave off. Time to start finishing up hard story mode and doing some onslaughts I guess.

Having fun still, I think as long as I don't get too caught up in endless grinding. That's what burnt me out of FGO - trying to full clear shops.

9. Jon

1.6k was where I stopped as well, lol.

10. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    The difference being this is about a million times (give or take) more fun to play than FGO. My issue with grinding in fgo was the gameplay was fucking boring, and you couldn't even auto-battle it. Here, with Phraeganoth, it's fun and i FEEL like I'm getting better.

11. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

New event - story was pretty fun.

Tried for Halloween Ely but only got a Xander plus dupe Nidhogg :(

I tried Ely :(

12. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Challenge battle is such crap. My AI team just fucking stands in the AoE from all those bats and get wrecked.

13. Rehio

High Score:
    I'm guessing that the "Solo Only" challenge is a result of them trying to figure out a solution to the Getherwing problem that happened in the first event, and they just didn't have anything prepared. I expect some sort of modification.

14. Oxy

Oxy Seventh Year

Went and used my 10x voucher. Rainbow showed up and for a moment I was ecstatic since Eli is my favorite character so far. Then Jullietta appeared instead. Can't complain I suppose since she is really good.

The challenge mode is a pain in the arse. I managed to beat it with 2 sec left on the timer, lol. Anyway, if someone is interested my ID is 19957518933.

15. Rehio

High Score:
    I can consistently get to the final stage, but I have yet to beat i due to time constraints. Just can't find the proper balance of dodging bullshit and putting in damage.

16. Jon

as the event goes on the event building will show its true worth with its extra dmg.

17. Gengar

High Score:
    Re Julie, I'm 24 seconds off the achieve with 50% more damage coming to me before the end of the event (my tower is lvl 20).

Aside from not having curse resistance, Julie is a monster in this event. I'd argue even more than Eli. The waves before the end boss are perfect for her ramp up skill and with Jeanne as my dragon i barely need healing.

I bit of a tentative strat I've been employing and have experienced results. Don't stand behind him, he'll just do the aoe swipe that you'll have to dodge away from or get cursed (both are bad and major dps losses).

As unintuitive as it sounds to anyone who's played an mmo, stand in front of him and go to town. Dodge with i frames. If none are available, roll towards this empty hand to avoid his forward swing.

Good luck!

I didn't pull. The only thing I'd want is Silke because she's a unique limited dragon to max bond. Hoping i get her from daily summons.

SAVING FOR ZETHIA 'BIG BOOBY ONEESAMA' ALTER STARTS NOW! [​IMG]

18. Dr. Strange Lulz

Dr. Strange Lulz Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Two 10-shots in the banner, got Althemia and Edward, no Elli though. Honestly I'm pretty cool with that. I genuinely don't need another 5* right now (gacha blasphemy) I'd rather focus on leveling everyone that I already have.

Not willing to commit more to what I feel is a bait banner.

Zalter? Gotta keep the naming scheme going.

19. Psychotic Cat

Psychotic Cat Chief Warlock

Being quite tired, I misread the title as Dragula Lost and was admittedly slightly disappointed by the lack of Rob Zombie.

20. Gengar

High Score:
    Abuse dem i frames, you elly as helper. Did it with lvl 22 tower. Shouldn't be too hard one everyone is 30.[​IMG]