1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Story Searches that don't require their own Threads - II

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by Dark Minion, Jan 5, 2015.

1. Vulcan

Vulcan Groundskeeper

Harry Potter befriends Susan Bones and Hannah Abbot on his first ride to Hogwarts and ends up sorted into Hufflepuff house.
    Ron Weasley insults his friends and his House and ehds up punched as a result.
    There is an attempt to put him on Quidditch team, but Harry refused because he feels it's unfair to make an exception for him. Professor Sprout completely agrees (she wasn't the one who wanted him on a team).
    Neville ends up spending more time with badgers than his own house.

2. kinetique

kinetique Headmaster

Are there any good vampire stories? The last I read that could sort of qualify for that was Forever Knight, which had a cool premise but honestly sucked in execution.

3. Myduraz

Myduraz Headmaster DLP Supporter

No.

4. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Prestigious Tomato ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Try Miranda Flairgold ;)

5. kinetique

kinetique Headmaster

I did need inspiration for my slutty vampire halloween costume.

6. quixoticcool

quixoticcool Third Year

High Score:
    Ah Miranda "If only I throw literally everything including the kitchen sink at my story it can't possibly be bad" Flairgold. I think the part that really cinched it is when an entire replica of the Earth was created to escape the apocalypse, pure batshit insanity.

7. Tasoli

Tasoli Minister of Magic

I am looking for a copy of the Xander Harris and The Shadow Council by Tenhawk. I can't find it for some weird reason. The links we have looks dead to me.

It is the story where Xander's parents (From BTVS) is actually Squibs but Xander does get invited to Salem school of magic only for some alchemy experiment to blow up the school(and create Volcano) so he gets send to Hogwarts as exchange student alongside of Wednesday Adams.

8. Heather_Sinclair

Heather_Sinclair Chief Warlock

I assume that you’ve checked his website?

9. Tasoli

Tasoli Minister of Magic

Can't get to it. I don't know if it is me or the site.

Edit: NVM wayback machine has it. I forgot to check that.

10. Thaumologist

Thaumologist Fifth Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    So I have no idea about any of the rest of the story, if it was finished, any good, or just a short...

But does anyone remember the story where Flamel's published the instructions on how to brew the elixir of life, in full. The only problem is that step 1 is something along the lines of "take your philosopher's stone, and boil it"?

This makes the instructions worthless, because nobody else has one.

11. Tasoli

Tasoli Minister of Magic

That looks real familiar. I am 100% sure I read that story but have no clue where.

12. Vulcan

Vulcan Groundskeeper

Looking for HP/Naruto crossover.
    Dumbledore sends Harry to be raised in Konoha. He has an agreement with Third Hokage.
    Harry is adopted into Nara clan. He works extra hard to compensate for the lack of Nara brilliance and ends up as a Rookie of the Year.
    His teammates are from Inuzuka and Aburame clans.
    When Dumbledore returns to take Harry to Britain, he is already left to participate in Chuunin Exams.

13. kinetique

kinetique Headmaster

14. bobodoll131

bobodoll131 First Year

High Score:
    Wonder if any of you can help with finding these old fics. Pretty sure they were both on fanfiction.net

1)Star Wars

It had a holoreporter stationed with the rebels interviewing Luke Skywalker, then from her PoV we see him using the Force to help the fleet escape an Imperial trap. Premise was on how foreign his force powers seemed to regular people, with his calmness and presience depicted as inhuman to the regular crew (during a pitched battle).

2)Lord of the Rings

Eldarion had grown up, and was overconfident in his warrior abilities after saving Aragorn in battle. Aragorn wanted to teach him the lesson that there's always someone better, but wasn't confident that he (Aragorn) would win a spar, so Arwen advised him to ask Glorfindel for help. Glorfindel, Legolas and some other elves arrive in Gondor for a swordplay and archery tournament. Glorfindel fakes his skill, barely getting into the finals. Eldarion defeats Imrahil's challenger in his semifinals. Glorfindel pretends to be losing to Eldarion, before shattering his sword with one blow. The fic ends with Eldarion being humbled. Legolas places second in the archery tournament to one of the Rangers. (I remember the entire plot, but can't seem to pull the author or title).

Thanks!

15. SilverOtter

SilverOtter Seventh Year

I'm looking for a fanfiction that I read awhile ago and I have very little to go on.

The part I remember is Harry was with Dumbledore at the Gaunt house, and he stops Dumbledore from putting on the ring, but this causes him to activate the curse and in order to save his life Dumbledore has to sever Harry's hand.

Due to the nature of the curse and the fire that Dumbledore used to sever the hand, Harry's hand can't be regrown.

Some folks on IRC have given this additional information, but I still haven't located the fic:

Blorcyn | silverotter it definitely rings a bell
    Blorcyn | I think it might be one of those shane t ones
    Blorcyn | the peggy sue one
    Blorcyn | not sure

Zombie | SilverOtter: its on SIYE
    SilverOtte+| Doy ou happen to know the name/
    Zombie | I know it has something like
    Zombie | Battle Mage in the name.
    Zombie | and a really pretentious title
    Zombie | the dude had a hate boner for DLP for a time.
    Zombie | they have author notes >10k words
    Zombie | the name escapes me right now
    Zombie | I'll see if I can find it. Scryer didn't bring up anything.
    SilverOtte+| Searching battle mage for title/summary on SIYE gives me nothing
    Zombie | SilverOtter: its something something becoming
    Any help finding this would be greatly appreciated!

16. Dubious Destiny

Dubious Destiny Seventh Year

HP/LOTR Crossover with Harry remaining with the wild tribes between Gondor and Eotheod, I think. Not a very action-y fic, Harry helps Aragorn in crossing that tunnel or swamp into Gondor's lands is all that happens (I think). Read it a long time back and just wanted to check if I still find it good. I tried searching all of HPFF, >10k but didn't find it.

Help please?

Last edited: May 19, 2019
  17. FridgeViking

FridgeViking Squib

High Score:
    Echoes of Power, Part I: Anger though I don't remember moshpit having a hateboner for DLP.

18. SilverOtter

SilverOtter Seventh Year

Unfortunately I don't think this is the story I was looking for.

19. pbluekan

pbluekan Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Ok, I’ve looked high and low for this one, but I can’t find it. Partially because I barely remember it. These are the things I recall:
    • Lily Evans ran with the Marauders during Hogwarts
    • She had an animagus form?
    • Petunia was a witch
    • It isn’t long.
    Any ideas?

20. Download

Download Auror ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Looking for a fic published pre-Deathly Hallows. One of the things that happened had Harry and someone else looking for Voldemort's horcruxes. They ended up finding one in a WW2 bunker filled with inferi. I believe one of those inferi was Grindlewald. There might also have been a horcrux hidden in Godric's Hollow.