1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee

Discussion in 'Pokémon' started by Otters, Nov 15, 2018.

?

What brand is your beloved Pokémon?

1. Electric rat

28.9%
  2. Irradiated cat

71.1%
  1. Otters

Otters Groundskeeper ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:

2. Alindrome

Alindrome A bigger, darker mark DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Imagine how hyped you'll be for the third version:

[​IMG]

3. Alindrome

Lt's talk about gameplay. I'm getting let's go Eevee hopefully today.

But the timing sucks! I've had such a dry last month with no games and now all of the goddamn games are out at once.

I'm cautiously optimistic about the whole game. We've had some good info out since the initial backlash, like the battles for Pokémon mastery. Could be cool. And I love that we'll be able to see shiny Pokémon in the overworld.

So, who else is boxing their starter? /Trollface

4. Otters

High Score:
    I'm really into the idea of this, to be honest. It's a neat update to the core elements of the original I loved, some quality of life improvements, and either a fun new pokemon catching gimmick or something which can be completely ignored in handheld mode. I bought the damn pokeball version for shits and giggles knowing I'd regret the purchase but wanted it anyway.

Think I'm gonna name my starter Defective Pikachu. And then box his tiny yellow ass. Hopefully pokemon locations have been mixed up a little from the originals so I can nab something cool to replace him. Worst case scenario there's always Rattata - the oft forgotten analogue version of Pikachu. Yeah, that's right, I went for Pikachu like some kinda Chad. I was honestly leaning towards LG:Eevee, but didn't like the way it rode on top of your head rather than on your shoulder. Pokemon are supposed to be worn as scarves, not hats, dammit.

Gonna miss wonder trade/the GTS but I suppose there's always a proliferation of bitches looking to trade online if you go looking for it.

Most of all I'm eager to just run around in this prettied up overworld. I like the balance between the improved graphics but also similar feel to even the original Red & Blue

5. Alindrome

Fairly sure it's confirmed you can still catch Pikachu in Viridian forest. Replace your Pikachu with another Pikachu, just to be a dick

6. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Travelling to get my copy now, don't know which version to get yet though.

7. Otters

High Score:
    This is a plan. I like it.

8. Red

Red High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

I was actually not going to get this. The games have been disappointing me since diamond/pearl, but the reviews are looking good.

Sigh. Unzips wallet.

9. Seratin

High Score:
    Went with electric rat because Scyther.

10. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Gone everywhere in my area. Have to wait for Amazon tomorrow, and probably late at that. Agh. :(

Got too wrapped up with school stuff. I need to prioritize better.

11. Zombie

Zombie Black Philip Moderator DLP Supporter

Pokemon is def. more important than school.

12. Otters

High Score:
    Just compulsively catching oddish on route 1. The new capture mechanic is pretty fun, although I do wish we could battle the pokemon and then throw the ball. Best of both worlds, right?

Pikachu is astonishingly cute in this. And a good scale in the overworld compared to the trainer sprite. Mew is adorable as well - if you take it out of its pokeball it flies around excitedly and explores the world around you instead of just bobbing in the air behind you. Alas, my mew had a jolly nature so I'm gonna need to put it in a woodchipper.

Not loving the downgraded rival, but all other character designs seem on point.

Levelling seems like it might be a bit skewed towards the easy side: my team is level 10+ and I haven't had a single trainer battle yet. But I have caught like 30 pidgeys and half as many again in nidoran. Not quite sure whether I should be catching everything I come across or avoiding wild encounters except to catch new flavours of pokebeast. Ah well. I'm sure I'll figure it out.

13. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I traveled and found one and I am having fun.

Hell, I'm even studying for my exit exam while I play, cause this mobile switch thing is actually useful.

Man, I just like Pokemon, it makes me happy.

14. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'd have bought this, but no Umbreon? Fuck that noise.

15. Otters

High Score:
    Just leaving Rock Tunnel, and here's my team so far:

DEUS VOLT the Pikachu (34) - I'm wearing a pikachu cap and pikachu is wearing my pokeball cap. We look like the cover of a boyband album.
    STING LEE the Beedrill (32)
    GLUM the Gloom (31) - soon to be Glume the Vileplume
    RUSTY BORIS the Diglett (22) - considering ditching, only reason I'm keeping him around is because of them perfect IVs
    RAZZMATAZZ the Growlithe (20)
    MRS MIME the Abomination (13) - wtf were there always female mr mimes? Eww. Must replace with something less creepifying.

16. Dresden11

Dresden11 Fifth Year

I have just entered Rock Tunnel, and my main pokemon are mid 20s in level. Honestly, I am surprised. I am having a much harder time in this game than I ever expected. Maybe I am not catching enough? Though I have over 60 caught pokemon (Got to get that squirtle!). But Misty wrecked half my team with scald, and I didn't think Surge was that easy either with Thunderbolt. I have really enjoyed what I have played so far.

17. Alindrome

I tried out multiplayer mode yesterday - got a surprising amount a mileage out of it! It's a really gimped multiplayer mode where the other person can't do much: they can appear on the overworld named 'Support Trainer' (a personal touch) but can't interact with anything or start encounters, and they disappear every couple of seconds when you talk to important people, enter buildings, or just run along without them like the dick you are.

But, it's great in a way - you can screw each other over while catching pokemon, knocking each others' balls out of the way and lobbing them like ping pong balls. If you rename a pokemon both players get to control the keyboard at once in a reenactment of Twitch Plays Pokemon. It is genuinely fun when you manage to synchronise and throw your pokeballs both at once to get that cool animation and a bunch of catching bonuses.

On the other hand, it's clear that absolutely no balancing was considered when they put this mode in. If you battle someone, it's the most unfair double-battle ever where you get two pokemon and they get one. Why don't they get two?

18. Wildfeather

Wildfeather The Nidokaiser ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Home team advantage.

19. Seratin

High Score:
    Just in Cerulean now. Have to say the leveling is more reasonable than I thought it would be, top members of my team only touching the 20s.

Also I fucked up and named my rival Blue so now there's two Blues running around.

I picked up the Bulbasaur in Cerulean and dumped my oddish and ended up abandoning a 14 sparrow combo because I freaked out when I saw a wild Charmander I had to catch.

This leaves me in a predicament. I don't want to have all three starters plus Pikachu just like Red. But I love the Kanto starters.

One thing I hate is that my team is constantly 6 members strong. It vexes me.

20. Psychotic Cat

Psychotic Cat Chief Warlock

Well, people have wanted a game where you join the villains for a long time.