1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Worm Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Gemma, Dec 3, 2018.

1. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Worm Mafia

You can read the story here: https://parahumans.wordpress.com/

I won't have time to write any mod flavor for this game, sorry. If you know the story, you'll recognize the character names. If you don't, feel free to read the story (it's long but really worth it) or look up your character in the wiki (spoilers). Flavor won't have any bearing on the game, so it's not necessary.

1. This is a closed setup, where player alignment and role will be revealed upon death. There is not a list of roles that may or may not be included. This will be a low complexity game.

2. You may trust all information the moderator gives you. There will be zero bastard modding or false information.

3. Day 1 will last 72 hours. All subsequent days will last 48 hours. All nights are 24 hours.

4. Do not lie about real-life commitments. Similarly, do not question the validity of other players’ real-life commitments. If you will be inactive for a prolonged period of time, inform the game host and I will do my best to replace you.

5. Mafia is a game about making arguments, but it is not a roleplaying game. Don’t go overboard. Lies are part of the game. Attacking someone’s credibility is part of the game. Do not overdo it. Everyone signed up to have fun, so keep the game fun. Reminder: This is only a subsection of the forum, and the forum's posting rules apply (particularly Rule 1 concerning proper English and legibility). If you want people to put the effort into reading your posts, put the effort into making them readable.

6. Mafia is a game of analysis - removing a player’s ability to analyze things is against the spirit of the game. Keep references that only a handful of players would understand to a minimum. Encoded messages, hidden text, and other such methods are a no-no. Everything you have to say or not say should be clearly readable in your post by anyone.

7. Respect your fellow players, and their time. Don't be a jerk. Do not threaten to or actually get intentionally modkilled. Do not directly insult your fellow players - attack their play, but not them as a person. Mafia is a social game, and you are playing with real people, not just names on a screen. Respect other players' right to a good game. Give the game your best effort, no matter which team you're on. Mafia games require a time investment, and if you sign up, you're committing to spending that time and doing your part to contribute to a good game.

8. Do not use the Thanks button. Do not edit your posts. Do not edit any QuickTopics you may be posting in. Do not quote information directly from your QuickTopic or your PM. Only living players may post in the game thread. Do not post in the game thread during the Night phase.

9. You may not privately communicate with anyone except the game moderator unless you're specifically allowed to do so. This includes using systems outside the scope of the game to communicate something game-related. Any game-related questions should be asked in your personal QuickTopic. Do not talk about your QuickTopic or your conversations with the moderator in any game thread.

10. Do not use out-of-game information (such as Discord, other forum activity, other mafia activity, or real-life activity) to generate reads. Do not use out-of-game information to exert pressure or influence on this game. Do not mention out of game information in the context of explaining or speculating on a player’s alignment in this game.

11. Votes must be brightly colored, bolded, and on a separate line. Any votes not following this format will not be counted. You will be rewarded with frequent and (probably) accurate vote counts.

12. This game uses a Hard Lynch / Soft Lynch system. Soft Lynch is a majority lynch. Hard Lynch is approximately 75% of the living votes. A Soft Lynch is sufficient to lynch a player at deadline. A Hard Lynch immediately ends the day. If Soft Lynch is not reached before deadline, there is No Lynch. If the votes are tied at deadline, there is No Lynch. When a Hard Lynch is reached, or the deadline occurs, whichever comes first, stop posting.

13. Mass claiming early in the game will not benefit town. You should probably avoid doing that. Flavor names will be assigned randomly and have no bearing on alignment or role.

14. Do not fake Daytime activations. There may or may not be daytime abilities, but faking them will get you a Stern Warning or possibly modkilled.

15. If you believe a player is violating one of these rules by letter, or in spirit, contact me in your QuickTopic. Do NOT address the potential violation in the thread, proceed on normally. I will handle it.

16. Moderator decisions are final.

17. Try to keep the game fun for everyone, since that's why we're all here.

Livelist
    1. Cobalt
    2. Newcomb
    3. Vaimes
    4. Lyric
    5. tom
    6. his fluffiness
    7. Citrus
    8. Eidolonic
    9. Regfan
    10. fontisian

With 10 alive, it is 6 to lynch soft and 8 to lynch hard.

Deadline timer: https://www.tickcounter.com/countdown/858701/worm-mafia-day-1

2. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Hi everybody!

3. Citrus

Citrus First Year

I was mostly hyped about the theme, until I saw the player list. What up peeps!
    --- Post automerged ---
    Just as forewarning, I'll be at lower than desired activity tomorrow and Thursday, but should be good otherwise!
    --- Post automerged ---
    For reals, I feel like I got in on an all stars game. Hypeeeee

Vote: his fluffiness

4. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Why must you do this to me Citrus?

5. Lyric

Lyric Squib

High Score:
    Hello everyone. :)

6. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Yo.

7. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

hi fonti!

8. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Hey fluff. You seem excited.

9. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

How could I not be with this player list?

10. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Images? In my mafia game?

Vote: Newcomb

12. Newcomb

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    I'm like already 90% sure this is town!Newcomb.

14. Newcomb

Vote: tom

15. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

Hm.

10 players is a kind of weird game size. 7:3 with heavy town pr? 8:2 with more vanilla heavy? I guess I'm leaning towards it being 8:2 just because of how few mislynches there'd be + the difficulty in even securing a soft lynch when you'd need 6/7 villagers to vote same target d1 to hit a wolf, potentially.

But this _is_ DLP, so a pretty scum sided setup numbers wise is possible.

Realistically, don't comment on this too much because it'd give information about your role - if you lean towards 8:2 you'll be considered vanilla, if you think it's 7:3 too much, you'll be eyed as a PR - I can get away with it because I'm the Priest, (and because I started considering the scum team size before I really considered the implication role-wise, and I didn't feel like stopping typing once I started).

Either way the setup is going to be pretty scum favored, as 2-man scum teams are tough to catch off interactions, and 7:3 is tough to well.... not get overrun. Neat.

Anyways, one wolf down:

Vote: Regfan
    --- Post automerged ---
    Hm.

[​IMG]
    --- Post automerged ---
    Why are you this way, site.

https://i.imgur.com/XCXW6r6.jpg

16. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Westerosi 10er would be 2 mafia and a symp but DLP would hate that.

17. Newcomb

Symps woat
    --- Post automerged ---
    Let's brainstorm ways to make this game fun.

I'll start:

Replace the word "lynch" with "elect to honor with the first alignment reveal of the game"

18. Eidolonic

Everyone likes elections.

And we get to rig this one in the favor of the person we want to win it, right?

Bonus.
    [​IMG]

19. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Lump: newcomb
    --- Post automerged ---
    Voxx you gotta preview or whatever

20. Eidolonic

The tag is broken/hidden somewhere. it has it saved but it won't remove it even when I delete everything visible. It's pretty frustrating/obnoxious.