1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Worm Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Gemma, Dec 3, 2018.

1. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Yeah I got first blood on scum godfather with a D1 public dayvig and got killed.

Stupid role because I can only ever use it publicly once before scum will kill the town KP but whatever

2. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Hm, okay, never mind on that read.

3. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

4. Newcomb

I was hoping for a sedate game but maybe not this sedate.

5. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Eh. Went over the posts about half a dozen times trying to get any semblance of a confident read or a post that sticks out hugely and there's not really anything still? If you want something that went through my head more as a "thought" than a read still though then I guess I didn't particularly like your Post #15 in a "I think going into setup spec and coming out with the conclusion that 8-2 is going to be scum sided here" is something that I'm...struggling to believe/understand/agree with. I get the whole "harder to find scum with minimal team mates interactions etc" but I think if it's 8-2 then the decks probably stacked in our favour since it's ~2 MLs in hand and I think there's a few of us here that can probably self-clear via play as town. I don't know, it just felt odd as a conclusion to initial thoughts about this game / playerlist, not really convinced it's hugely alignment-indicative though.

6. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

Hm. You're probably not wrong that 8-2 isn't that scum sided mechanically, but it's something I personally consider scum sided because a lot of the tools I use to find scum don't work with that few - it's why I much, much prefer playing games with 17-24 range of playerlist, larger scum teams means more interactions and easier to find something that just looks wrong. Probably my two worst town games ever were a 7 player game and a 9 player game, because it just felt like a coin flip to guess right, just not enough things happening in the game for me to really decide on alignments.

But this isn't at all relevant to my alignment, no.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Hey @Eidolonic. Thoughts on the RVS votes or more specifically lackthereof by players so far?[/QUOTE]

Meh? I don't really have thoughts on the matter. I don't tend to care as much about RVS voting as some people, but with a small game, it's bound to not be much going on on that front.

Like, who hasn't voted uh. Vote count says 6 rvs votes down, but pretty sure Tom did vote for Newcomb. So Fonti, Reg, Lyric being the people not voting? Lyric's relatively new and I don't think it's meaningful. I don't think it's super meaningful for Reg, given my recollection is that he's not a super active participant in early game stuff.

I'll grant you that I don't remember Fonti not rvs voting before especially when she's here and posting, which I'm guessing is the reason you posted this?

Don't know if I think it's alignment indicative or not. Lack of aggression and pushing isn't a trait I associate with Fonti as either alignment, so.

This was a lot of words for me to effectively shrug at you and go 'I don't think the rvs votes or lack thereof indicate much of anything'.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Hum.

@Newcomb

Does #44 from Reg come from him more often as town or scum?

Or just. His entire first few posts in general even? I probably need to go read some of his early play in other games, but I guess can't super fault him for not being very proactive given no one really is, and it's frankly hard to do so in a small game when no one is doing so, but. 44 in particular makes me feel like I should be able to get a bit of a bead on it mindset wise.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I kind of want to scum read fluff for this post, but then not actually doing anything to indicate excitement, but. Fluff, and I've been burned with this type of read pretty bad in the not-completely-distant past.
    --- Post automerged ---
    ITT I hedge over everything because I'm trying to find something to sink my teeth into but nothing really feels all that indicative.

Wheee.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Talk about this? Like.

I see something that doesn't look like a real thought and poke him about it, and then kinda go 'oh, meh' and slink away when it turns out to not actually be something, and like. How is that in any way odd for me? Pouncing on things that don't look real/right in RVS is kind of what I /do/, I'm not you, I don't enjoy shitposting for the sake of shitposting, and you've seen me probably 20+ times pounce on something early and then lock in on it if I think it's a thing.

It ended up not being a thing, but I dunno. Me jumping on something small like that especially something that pings the 'not a real thought' part of my brain being the one thing worth commenting on, to you, feels weird.

7. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    No, not nevermind. Why is it relevant whether cobalt played whatever game you asked?
    --- Post automerged ---
    You consider yourself one of those people?

How about me?
    --- Post automerged ---
    @Eidolonic thoughts?
    --- Post automerged ---
    I think I'll throw a town read at citrus, see how it feels.
    No one else deserves one.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Vote: fonti
    --- Post automerged ---
    [​IMG]
    --- Post automerged ---
    Err...
    Nevermind. I'm not sure why I remembered that interaction with fonti as her steering me into suspecting voxx. I've been thinking in circles about why townfonti would want specifically me to scumread specifically voxx and coming up with nothing but... she literally just asked me what I thought Idk though it felt like being steered and that seems notable with fonti involved and maybe I should trust that but it looks really normal on reread.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I should have left that a naked vote tbh.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Vote: regfan
    --- Post automerged ---
    Vote: fluffiness
    --- Post automerged ---
    Vote lyric
    --- Post automerged ---
    Vote: newcomb
    --- Post automerged ---
    Nah
    Vote fonti

8. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Lol, Tom, that was a rollercoaster.

I can’t sleep.

9. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Unvote

Nothing feels right I'll try again later
    --- Post automerged ---
    Hi!
    Help me
    --- Post automerged ---
    Now I'm thinking about how cool it would be to catch fonti on page 1 and that is not a good place for my brain to be while forming my very first scumreads.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Not even "to catch" though. "To have caught"

That thought process was pretty far removed from reality/the present.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I should probably go to bed.

10. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Can follow most of this, as in know that the 17-24 type area is what you'd consider your sweet spot and know that smaller games are something you notable struggle with. It's a little more a I think with it being 8-2 with ML's in hand, you as town here look at this game and playerlist and think "Oh there's people I'm confident I can bring myself to read with near 100% accuracy (Those people being Newcomb, Vaimes, myself and to some degree I think you're at that place on Tom and maybe on Fonti/Citrus too) and therefore be thinking this'll be ezgameezlyfe" so it's you approaching the gamestart with a "Oh this is scum sided" that's.....weird?

But yeah, I'm not sure how super alignment indicative it is since there's "Going through things that'll make you not feel at the top of your game" / "Not having played in a while" / "Not knowing if you can nail down people with less interactions and less flips" ect that can sort of fall into it here, and then there's the possibility of you not really considering the playerlist when making the post. So yeah, this is just a huge ramble, but you wanted my thoughts so you'll have to deal with reading through this.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Yeah, I'd consider myself one of them ordinarily, this game might be a bit different in that I think it'll depend on how people approach reading me? Think there'll be some people here that'll be able to lock me in pretty easily since I'm going to be super transparent about a lot of things but others that might struggle in that I'm likely to not be as...useful (I think I'm going to be a bit rusty and based on what's happened so far I think it's not likely I'm going to have a lot I'm super confident in for a while?) as I might normally be, and less active then what some people are used to from me (When I have some ~things~ go on I'll be unable to post for entire 24 hour periods) and that might be a barrier for them to sort of /lock/ me in here at some point? I dunno, we'll see I guess.

I'd not consider you in that grouping of players for myself, but I think Eido would.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Some words to go with this would be much appreciated.

11. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Vote Tom

It feels like you're putting on a show, my dude.

12. Newcomb

It was the fact that you even entertained the idea that tom was being at all serious with saying he was pretty sure I was 90% town when what I'd done at that point in the game was post two "lettuce ww" images.

Like. I can see me posting some bullshit words, tom saying that, and you poking at it because it didn't seem real, but given the fact that all I'd posted were literally memes I'm squinting at you for not immediately grasping that tom wasn't serious and asking him a serious question about it.
    --- Post automerged ---
    tom's always putting on a show, though.

The question is, for whose benefit is the show being performed?
    --- Post automerged ---
    I thought if Cobalt hadn't played in the anni game then the meme of "Eido is always a wolf" isn't something he'd really know/grok, so him RVS voting Eido without that knowledge and tacking on the extra "Eido is always a wolf" bit would feel like a wolf posting "RVS but with some weird justification to make it seem like they kind of thought about it" classic trope.
    --- Post automerged ---
    [​IMG]

13. fontisian

It's like a full one-man show called "I'm town."

14. Newcomb

Ehh. Maybe.

Eido/Regfan not w/w you think?

15. fontisian

I can see it? I think Reg is kind of town anyway.

16. Newcomb

What's town about Reg?

17. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    I think the show is actually called "I don't know what I'm doing" but I can see how you would conclude I'm town from that.

Think I might be missing a step for how to conclude I'm scum from it though unless your point is "oh that's fake" which, as Newcomb said, lol of course it is it always is to some extent I'm not doing ayaw again.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Vote fonti
    Does feel better now though so thanks for that.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Based on a mafia theory conversation?
    Did they talk about anything germane and I missed it?

18. fontisian

I agreed with what he said about eido's thought process with regards to balance and I'm feeling what he said about not getting much out of the game.

19. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    I felt good about it.

20. Newcomb

I don't really think that second thing is like, a stretch from either alignment.