1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Worm Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Gemma, Dec 3, 2018.

1. Citrus

Citrus First Year

*palm five*

2. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Yikes.

I will be alive shortly.

3. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Let's see if it's Eido this game.

Credit where credit is due, I really like the read.

4. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Hmm. @fontisian

Isn't Eidolonic too strong of a player to 'trip up' the way he did as scum? Like I'm thinking about it now and I'm struggling to see a scum!Eidolonic mindset where he does something like that? It's just so poorly panned that I don't see why he would do that to himself as scum, like when would a scum!Eidolonic choose to attempt a "gotcha" however mild at the start of D1 outside a reaction test. I can't see him doing something like that in the game we were in where he almost won as scum. Maybe less points to this theory due to the lack of awareness he had afterwards but ???
    --- Post automerged ---
    @Newcomb you can answer the above post too actually, if you have any wisdom/insight/etc.

5. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    I was thinking fonti but lol citrus right below this.

6. Newcomb

Ah, the classic
    [​IMG]

7. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

This was like, right after Newcomb et al were discussing Eido being weird @ Tom, and idk, it just feels like something pretty self-aware where he could've gone "well I looked weird for doing that, so lemme shitpost real quick to not continue that train of thought" and then he comes in with effort-y posts like this next one

Meh? I don't really have thoughts on the matter. I don't tend to care as much about RVS voting as some people, but with a small game, it's bound to not be much going on on that front.

Like, who hasn't voted uh. Vote count says 6 rvs votes down, but pretty sure Tom did vote for Newcomb. So Fonti, Reg, Lyric being the people not voting? Lyric's relatively new and I don't think it's meaningful. I don't think it's super meaningful for Reg, given my recollection is that he's not a super active participant in early game stuff.

I'll grant you that I don't remember Fonti not rvs voting before especially when she's here and posting, which I'm guessing is the reason you posted this?

Don't know if I think it's alignment indicative or not. Lack of aggression and pushing isn't a trait I associate with Fonti as either alignment, so.

This was a lot of words for me to effectively shrug at you and go 'I don't think the rvs votes or lack thereof indicate much of anything'.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Hum.

@Newcomb

Does #44 from Reg come from him more often as town or scum?

Or just. His entire first few posts in general even? I probably need to go read some of his early play in other games, but I guess can't super fault him for not being very proactive given no one really is, and it's frankly hard to do so in a small game when no one is doing so, but. 44 in particular makes me feel like I should be able to get a bit of a bead on it mindset wise.
    --- Post automerged ---

I kind of want to scum read fluff for this post, but then not actually doing anything to indicate excitement, but. Fluff, and I've been burned with this type of read pretty bad in the not-completely-distant past.
    --- Post automerged ---
    ITT I hedge over everything because I'm trying to find something to sink my teeth into but nothing really feels all that indicative.

Wheee.
    --- Post automerged ---

Talk about this? Like.

I see something that doesn't look like a real thought and poke him about it, and then kinda go 'oh, meh' and slink away when it turns out to not actually be something, and like. How is that in any way odd for me? Pouncing on things that don't look real/right in RVS is kind of what I /do/, I'm not you, I don't enjoy shitposting for the sake of shitposting, and you've seen me probably 20+ times pounce on something early and then lock in on it if I think it's a thing.

It ended up not being a thing, but I dunno. Me jumping on something small like that especially something that pings the 'not a real thought' part of my brain being the one thing worth commenting on, to you, feels weird.[/QUOTE]
    Idk. He just seems really self-aware and I have a nagging instinct to not take anything he's saying at face value.
    --- Post automerged ---
    ^That was really broken, but oh well.

8. Newcomb

I was about to say "you think fonti had a bad start?" and then I remembered that conversation from last night that I'd mentally blacked out

9. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

So, first, it's important to understand that Eido is a stronger town player than he is a scum player. Expecting him to never slip up as scum is, I think, unreasonable.

Second, you're describing it like Eido jumped on a gotcha, when all he actually did was ask a clarifying question. The question itself only felt off because he probably should have already known Tom was joking. Regardless of his alignment, he was probably going for some casually early game solving right there, not something he'd be worried about people scumreading.

10. Citrus

Citrus First Year

I'm just musing, if you think it's within his scum-range to do that for reverse psychology's sake (assuming awareness) you could just say so

11. Newcomb

Joke's on him, we're just that good / bad

12. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    I think I made it wildly clear that I don't even know. But she was... uh shit how did the read work...
    Throwing over to first a bunch to shorten my lead?

13. Newcomb

No, I agree with fonti, I think if he's a wolf he's just reading as sorta off because he's a wolf. If he had the wherewithal to do that kind of Level 3 play he'd have just hammered the thread with villageryness as a wolf.

14. fontisian

Oh my god, Cobalt, I thought you had written a long post and you actually had two sentences.

15. Newcomb

tom :goat

God I love this read.

You can use it to do like, anything.

16. fontisian

That makes no sense. Start making sense.

17. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    I dont even like baseball and that was one of the best posts I've ever read.

18. Newcomb

I think Lyric is standing in the on-deck circle and doesn't know where home is.

I think fonti's playing a wide-ranging shortstop

I think Citrus is oiling up a comfortable old glove

I think Reg is the radio play-by-play guy

fuck I'm mad with power

19. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    It's a metaphor.

20. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Ok cool, appreciate the feedback