1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Worm Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Gemma, Dec 3, 2018.

1. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    I'll be ~semi-around~ for the next few hours, then I'll be with Claire and unavailable for a ~14 hour period. So if you want my thoughts on anything or to talk to me about something in particular best to ask now.

Yeah, we use them in complete opposite ways then.

@Citrus - Can you explain the Lyric being on the more town side of null & the Newcomb vote for me please?

@Newbcomb - Talk to me about your read/thoughts on Citrus/Fluff/Eido as individual players, and re; any possible connections between them. I'm sort of tin-foily two particular lines of thought that clash and I'd like to see if you get to any yourself.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Also unsure whether to be tilted or skeptical about the game where I'm barely playing and struggling being the game where Vaimes gets to me as town super early on.

2. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

What do you think of Newcomb's reasoning for his "no" answer?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Porque no los dos?

3. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Yeah but it's the last thing I'm doing as I'm heading to bed myself

Re Lyric: tone on their posts, both in smoothness when engaging with me and I remember light ribbing by I think Lyric + Font over WH games. Tone -> Gut but very light as it's off like no posts from someone I'm not remembering their playstyle of

I'm voting Newcomb because it's spicy.

I figured forcing bigger wagons would help spark discussion (discussion was sparked thankfully finally, even if it wasn't by me). Wasn't a fan of the Tom wagon, I don't remember what the other wagons were then but I don't remember being a fan of them either, and my time on Lyric ran its course

4. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

It's a reasonable opinion that doesn't tilt me one way or the other?
    --- Post automerged ---
    There's a word I want to use to describe the vibe I get from your posts, but I can't scrape it up right now.

Maybe I'll remember later.

In the meantime you should tell me about your almost-scum Citrus read, 'cause I got nothing.

5. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

Okay. Finally got the site to cooperate.

Catching up, or trying to before I crash. Client started Monday, so this was pretty much the worst possible starting time for a game.

6. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Newcomb and I were doing the ribbing, not Lyric, by the way.

7. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Can you give me a bit more, here? I'm unclear how you're getting that and ruling out "wolf desperately grasping onto something mechanical to talk about to hide the fact that he's too exhausted to fake actual villagery things", or something like that.

8. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Well, at this point I'm a little biased because of his recent reaction to my read, so.

It jumped out at me at "If you want something that went through my head more as a "thought" right after saying he didn't really have anything to offer.
    --- Post automerged ---
    oops, the way I typed it is a little unclear

fix

9. Eidolonic

This isn't really it.

I don't care if you're trying to /engage/ with people, per se, or at least starting those engagements - but you were obviously here, and you make a post, and my brain goes '...and?', like there should be some kind of followup, or comment on what you think, and there's just not.

I don't actually have a (strong) scum read on you, hence the rainbow that alternated yellow (null/light scum) with other colors (I said there was a method to my madness, Newcomb!), but I wanted to see what would shake out a little bit. It's more interesting than poking Lyric, and seeing who would make an actual attempt to see things vs. just go 'lol it's fluff if he's trying he's a wolf lol' lazy bullshit.

This is maybe a little OOG, but like. You're allowed to make posts that are just things you think about the game and reads you have that aren't directed at people. You're allowed to see people talking about Reg and Fonti, and instead of just going 'lol nah they can totally still be w/w', you can /talk about your reads on them individually/ or do literally anything except drop a 1-liner that just keeps the scum team option open and dip back out. (That was the main reason that pushed me over into voting for you)

Like, I pulled up your iso when I was trying to decide who I wanted to pressure out of people not really engaging with the game, and Cobalt was my first thought because he's felt sort-of-here-but-not-really, and it's even emptier than usual. In a vaccuum I'd scum read someone for that, and I guess I still am a tiny bit, because I don't want this to devolve into the same thing that almost every game on DLP devolves into, where people argue whether or not you playing the game makes you a wolf instead of a villager. I think you're capable of being better than that, and one of my goals going into this game was to drag you into it kicking and screaming if need be, instead of feeling like I have to pull thoughts out of you with pliers through your left nostril.

10. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Yeah, sure, I'll townread that post.

11. Eidolonic

Hm.

What's up, Reg? I kind of have trouble seeing you making this post/vote as either alignment. You know a lynch on me isn't going to happen d1, and you know pressure on me just tilts me in a fashion that isn't remotely alignment indicative, so like. What purpose does this serve? My initial instinct is that you know I tend to town read people that scum read me because of the balls it has to take if they know I'm town, but like. It being so lackluster feels weird from that perspective, you aren't trying to sell it, and just feel super off and disengaged.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Hm. Like, this just feels like you don't have a grasp on the game at all - remember, there are only 10 players in this game. I've not at all focused on you to the degree you're insinuating here, I only reiterated the request to Newcomb because he missed it. I poked at Tom when something felt off, but it turned out to be nothing - I've poked at Fluff because he had the chance to comment on things and didn't - I've poked at you because I thought there could be something in the disengaged way you're approaching the game that indicates mindset one way or the other.

You aren't wrong that I think I can get a bead on you further into the game, but if this is 7-3, there's not exactly a ton of time to do so, and you're just not being all that proactive. I think you're better than that as both alignments, though, so I'm just kind of going 'wat do'.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Headtilt.jpg

I have literally no idea how you could ever get a town sided null read out of Lyric's posts. If I squint I could maybe see a like 'If they were a wolf they'd actually force some content especially in their first wolf game (I think it's their first wolf game...I know they were town in one of their games and widely town read at that, but I don't remember the other one), but you're gonna have to walk me through this being a real thought you have

12. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Hmm. I am actually really happy with where my vote is right now.

13. Eidolonic

Bite me :p Lack of presence is not alignment indicative, especially during the week. I tried to get things going and got WOW EIDO IS JUMPING THE GUN TRYING TO PLAY THE GAME thrown at me, so I just kinda noped off and did something else with my life instead of bothering and getting tilted.

Talk about Newcomb and Reg being 'boring' and what you think it means for them alignment-wise.

Actually, let's just talk about why a 'lack of presence' from me is suspicious, but you aren't side eyeing people like Von, Cobalt, Lyric, etc for popping in then popping out. Kind of feels like you're just kind of chucking shade at the wall and hoping it sticks.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Uhhh. Wtf. That is a quote of Fonti's post, not Citrus'. Stupid software.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Uhhh. Wtf. That is a quote of Fonti
    Scum Reg 100% votes for me, he knows I town read people that have the testicular fortitude to come at me.

That being said, he kind of did it in such a limp manner that I don't know what to make of it, so, yeah. I think if I swish it around I think he's >rand to be a wolf here, but also don't think I want to push there on D1 in a game this small where we still need 6 votes to lynch. Nowhere near confident enough in it, and he's capable of clearing himself.

14. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Newcomb, what made you go from vaguely defending Regfan to vaguely doubtcasting them?

15. Newcomb

It's not a doubtcast of Reg - I don't actually care about the content of Vaimes's read there, nor am I offering a read on Reg - I care how Vaimes got there.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Also yeah Reg I see your question.

For Citrus all I have is basically something fonti's already said - he feels like he's asking questions that are weird but important to him. Ish.

For the other two, ehh. Idk if I have anything that's even that good.

16. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

I already knew Von was busy, pushing Cobalt for not being here makes him blow up, and I don't know anything about Lyric except that she was easy to read a while ago.

I'm not sure Newcomb and Reg being boring means anything. They're slightly less boring now, but that is equally meaningless.

I'm sorry if you're annoyed by the suspicion. It's not my intention, and I don't find you pursuing people scummy. You're you, my dude, just be town and we'll know.

17. Eidolonic

Think I've talked about Fluff and why I voted him enough. Was part pressure on a nullish target, and part 'it felt like he was here, by bypassed the opportunity to actually say anything relevant'. I think of 'being content with the gamestate' as something associated with Fluff as scum, but it's not a strong thing, so I poked at him.

Not sure if my vote is staying there, but no point in obfuscating why it was there at this point.

18. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

[​IMG]

19. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

So what is your read on Reg then?

20. Newcomb

What if I just slapped a townread on Von and Eido, said there was maybe one in fonti/tom but not both, and memed on Lyric2frozen.jpeg
    --- Post automerged ---
    Not w/w with Eido