1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Worm Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Gemma, Dec 3, 2018.

1. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

Wait day end is actually at 5 am pst? Fuck me. I'd have not signed up if I knew that probably. I'm going to feel like I have to be awake for day end and I already want to jam an ice pick in my eye socket thinking about it.

2. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

I don't think I read that game.

I'll go back and look at it - I mean i'm probably gonna read the whole game tomorrow, it's only 300 posts.

I do kind of expect Fluff to be a... lightning rod of sorts, this game. As either alignment tbh.
    --- Post automerged ---
    wooooooooah wait hold up

what

3. Eidolonic

Yes.

4. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Was it Vaimes who once said we should start to err on the side of lynching Fluff just in case? lol

5. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

I don't believe thats optimal play though
    --- Post automerged ---
    I wasn't in Disney mafia though?

6. Eidolonic

You're weirding me out, Von. You're town reading myself, Newcomb and Reg way too easily for how much you've been reluctant to do so in the past.

Did you rand wolf and all of us villager, and you're just hoping we don't dunk you if you write us off as town that has to be shot immediately?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Ugh.

Fluff, this is one of the prime examples of my issues with a lot of your posts. I read it, and then go '...and?' or '....why?' - you don't complete the thought. It is okay to type more than one sentence. It is okay to elaborate. It is okay to type the reasoning behind things you say.

Like the obvious follow up to this is 'okay, WHY are you happy with where your vote is at.' You gave no explanation to start with, and you're still giving no explanation.

7. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Re: tom, I have a very distinct memory of him doing it before in a hunt but can't recall for the life of me which game it was. Probably the TinyHunt where I was the Acolyte? Or it happened on MTGS and I'm delusional.

Re: Regfan, I understand, but the reason I'm townreading him is more for the self-deprecating tone rather than "ugh I hate having to be in this game." It's a different flavor.

I'm townreading Newcomb?

You're not getting lynched D1 and I don't feel like getting yelled at for even remotely suspecting you, sooo. Ur town. I'll change my mind if/when we're in final three again.

Or I can scumread you for what looks like the start of a narrative. Could be derping but my Newcomb feelings are ~meh and I don't think I even voiced them.

8. Eidolonic

I wouldn't say annoyed is the right word, more like. It feels inconsistent? Like you're doubtcasting/brushing it off as 'weird', or 'stilted' or whatever, but making no attempt to engage with me and figure out my alignment in a way I'd expect you to if unsure. I felt like I'd done more things alignment indicative than half the game at that point, so you kind of doing the side-swiping thing at me, while going 'yeah I don't feel anything about them' just kind of pings me a little bit.

Maybe it's nothing, maybe it's something, but all I've really gotten from you this game is the Tom stuff and the probable unalignment. (for the record, I 100% think you two would stage an argument as partners, but this had a certain kind of miscommunication/confusion element to it that felt very real).

I think if I had a 'different' result from you two I'd say Tom is the villager at this point, but not something that's set in stone.

9. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Okay, half a derp. I said I wanted to like him.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I have only half an eye on you now.

10. Eidolonic

Hm. Let me fact check, it's entirely possible I'm confusing people town reading Newcomb for reasons that feel ???, one sec.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Are you actually town reading Von? I have high degree of confidence that I'll get there if he's town, but I'm not at all there yet.

Part of me wants to grill you over the town read on me too, but the other part of me is like 'one of us almost certainly dies tonight anyways right'. Just idk. I'd like to get there on you one way or the other asap because small game, potential for 7v3, pride, whatever.

Basically, how much of this post is Real vs. memeing it up?

11. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Meanwhile, in the future, Vaimes sips his tea.

12. Eidolonic

My eyeball just twitched slightly.

13. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Do it on MU a lot. Easier with the vote button. Haven't tracked my own alignments though so couldn't tell you if it's a tell.

14. Eidolonic

I don't ragequit.

I'll bitch in wolfchat, but I play to win the game as a wolf. I'd say my effort levels are higher on average when wolfing, but my enjoyment/quality of play levels are lower? I feel more obligated to carry the team where as town it's like 'I'll lynch a not-town read and go from there, and probably die anyways before I need to really buckle down'

15. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Man, we might have to like, artificially move EoD forward. Probably doable with such a small playerlist, but. Hard yikes.

16. Eidolonic

Man.

I guess Reg is town?

Weird/bad/ick read, but not sure he fakes this kind of angle as a wolf. Think he'd find it pretty gross.

17. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    I quoted that vaimes post and typed "Yeah, sure, I'll scumread this post." But didn't post it.

18. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I dare you.

19. Eidolonic

I think it's more that it's still spring training, and I'm just kinda throwing changeups just off the plate with different wrist pronations to see what feels right and what doesn't.

20. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Thinking about it.