1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Worm Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Gemma, Dec 3, 2018.

1. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    What does he win, fluff?

2. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

When have I ever actually done that?

3. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

A stale frosted flake.

4. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    So why were you "trying to see if anyone would bother trying to ask"?

5. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

You've never done anything but town read me before, so when you /aren't/ town reading me I'd expect you to try and figure out what is up instead of.... whatever this is.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

6. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

I can move dayend to midnight UTC ish if people don't mind waiting for flips. Day 1 would be longer.

7. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Trying to see who would bother challenging a scumread that I had not posted any reasoning for. That no one other than Eido did is somewhat concerning.

8. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    So pretending to be town and waiting to be called out for it?
    --- Post automerged ---
    That should have said "Pretending to be [the reputation of] town[fluff] "

9. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

We're kind of used to it.

Dot meme

10. Eidolonic

I almost didn't call you out on it because I don't really expect explanations for anything you say or do. But again, part of my goal for this game was to get you into the habit of actually using your words in ways that works for you, so that games on DLP don't fall into the same patterns every game.

I kind of figure no one else called you on it because they didn't really have any expectations for your read.

11. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

So there might have been a small flaw in my plan.

12. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Yeah I mean, that's the angle I took in the game, too. It's a cool read but more in a theoretical one and not a practical one. The fact that he made it at all and used it the way he did was like, super great.

Also I hope I don't have to actually point this out, but subbing into a game that was a perfect storm of "already cleared out the LHF" and "good towncore already in place" is very much not what this game is.

You get a confident, brassy attitude, you don't get Instant Newcomb Quality Reads, Ready in 5 Posts or Less, Or Your Money Back

13. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

I still want my money back.

14. Eidolonic

Like Lissa and Fable seem obvious. Who was the third, Cemetaries/Vibra? I'm up to 6064.

15. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    It was cemeteries.

16. Eidolonic

Easy game. Bored now. Back to this one

17. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    I didnt get to the team like yall did but i had a winning Poe before spoilers so there.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Ignoring the fact my top scumread was beru...

18. Eidolonic

Hm.

1. Cobalt
    2. Newcomb
    3. Vaimes
    4. Lyric
    5. tom
    6. his fluffiness
    7. Citrus
    8. Eidolonic
    9. Regfan
    10. fontisian

Wat do.

Eidolonic

Regfan?

Citrus?
    Tom

Newcomb
    Lyric
    Cobalt

Fontisian
    Vaimes
    Fluffiness

Hm. I don't even really strongly scum read anyone in the bottom three tbh. Maybe that's a sign there's wolves in the nullisher types. Wouldn't be shocked by Lyric/Cobalt or some shit.

This is not a super thoughtful reads list, just me kind of moving names around on the page and trying to figure out where I'm at.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Man I dunno.

This feels an awful lot like the kind of demotivated and meh type of approach I'd expect Reg to have as scum, but I'm not really sure he has it in him to do that kind of emotional manipulation as a wolf, or like. I'm not sure he'd lean on it so heavily while staying the course of being disengaged?

Hard to put into words.

I've read over the post (#293, for those playing at home or wanting to sanity check me) probably 5-6 times now and I guess it is more likely to come from him as town. Or at least it's a post that I'm not willing to keep pushing him after he makes. Do think he's capable of clearing himself once he sinks his teeth into things more, and he's not gonna be the N1 kill, so. Even after I'm dead, keep my read/that post in mind, but don't let him continue to be disengaged forever, you feel?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Citrus, hm.

He's doing the thing where he's kind of picking at things that feel important to him, even if I'm not sure how relevant they actually are. I don't think that's impossible to fake, though, so it's not an ironclad town read, but it's a good look from a process standpoint. His questions feeling leading to me is something that I've pinged out from him in the past as both alignments, where it feels like he's expecting/looking for a certain answer upon seeing the question.

I think that's what made me headtilt.jpg about the Citrus/Fonti interaction maybe, especially like. The talk about how excited fonti was upon seeing the rand/roll. Like Citrus was trying to get Fonti to say or imply that she liked the rand because she rolled town, and it just felt like a kind of weird cat and mouse deal, where neither really out and said it was alignment related, but it /felt/ like it was about alignment, very coy kind of thing.

Maybe this was me seeing things that were so many layers deep that they don't even exist, but it just felt very....fake, and I wasn't sure from whose perspective it was feeling fake to me.

Maybe that just means they're both wolves and the fake feeling was them faking partner interactions :v

19. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Meh on reg. Rest of those reads aren't that far from mine though.

Citrus my townread still

Weird vaguely-feel-ok-about tier of newcomb/cobalt/maybe you (was sort of waiting for you to townread me kinda felt you should be and now you are which is stupid but here we are)

*Whoever's left after above and below*

Fluff/vaimes light scum

Fonti a wolf
    --- Post automerged ---
    Oh only 10. Null tier just reg and lyric.

20. Eidolonic

Tom, uh. Fuck if I know.

I'm not going to bat for him, sorry dude.

I think the reasons against him are bad though, and that's enough for me to kind of instinctively push back against the read. Sometimes bad reads can be right for the wrong reasons though, see: Newcomb a few games ago, kind of thing, so it's not /impossible/ for him to be a wolf, but gun to my head says he's town here, he just kind of feels more straight forwardly solvy in a way that vaguely feels like his NAG persona, but I don't think much he's said or done this game is alignment indicative for him one way or the other. He'd probably even agree, even if it's mostly because he thinks his wolf game is better than it is :v

Yeah, eh. Push come to shove I might argue against the lynch, but not that hard, just would make people back it up more than they have so far to be held accountable.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Talk to me about Cobalt.