1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Worm Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Gemma, Dec 3, 2018.

1. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Agree not much NAI but i thought some of my process was good and you'd dig it.

2. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

The reason I'm sort of town reading Reg is for the kind of reasons you'll never trust yourself to read accurately, so I'm not shocked you disregard that tbh.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Me liking you displaying process and me thinking you only display process as town =/= same thing, sorry to say.

3. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Cobalt went out of his way to read my jokey insults as more joke than insult.

4. Eidolonic

Explain this using different words. And why it makes him town to do so

5. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Not "never trust myself to"
    "Would never bother attempting to"

And yeah I get that we both know I don't even have to fake progression as scum because of the way I think but idk just felt youd get there a little.

6. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

I had the same thought you articulated when I first read that post, I just didn't post anything because it felt a little bad to bring up right out of the gate.

So your sanity's good on this one I think.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Are you sure enough that Eido's town to the extent that you had an expectation he'd get there on you genuinely?

7. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Uhh...
    Hmm.

Think scum cobalt sees me as more adversarial I guess?
    You'll note this isn't a town read just a vaguely positive feeling that I'm sure I'll talk myself out of (for all 3 in that tier tbh) so it's not much but yeah.
    Less prickly towards me at least correlates with town cobalt.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Got it backwards. I think he's more likely town because he got there.
    Or something see above re: cobalt

8. Eidolonic

We view Cobalt's town play kind of differently maybe?

(This is not taking a shot at you, future Cobalt, as you read this)

I consider scum Cobalt to be more conciliatory, and town Cobalt to be more brash and in your face.

I guess I'm just not really wrapping my head around like. Him assuming you're joking vs. insulting coming from him as town vs. scum. Or being indicative either way.

9. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

There was a time when you complained about me always scumreading you.

I don't find being the fourth person to ask you about a read to be a particularly good use of my time, especially when I'm just expecting town!you to clear yourself.

10. Eidolonic

Okay. It's kind of ergh, and he did see me make some similarish posts in 100 as a wolf (though I think I leaned more on 'don't lynch me' AtE more than kind of....that). Idk.

I'm hoping he sinks teeth in and I can go 'okay yeah he's just town after all good' and can feel better about having this read tbh.

11. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    I dont know cobalt well enough to give general play this is based on only interactions with me.
    As town he's been willing to have fun with me. As scum it's been all prickles.
    If that goes against his normal meta I'm willing to hear it but
    It's where I am

12. Eidolonic

I guess this is true, but that's been a really long time ago. I'm mostly thinking more recent, WH14, 100, etc. Hm.

Eh, I dunno.

It just feels weird that you have this expectation for me to clear myself, yet still took the kind of side swipe at me for things that are ???

It feels wolf motivated in a kind of doubtcasting/sideswipe sort of way, maybe even expecting me to town read you for it.

There's a part of me that thinks you'd have come at me harder than that if it was your goal though, so I don't have super strong feelings about it, just general unease that I'm struggling to articulate.

Do something villagery.

13. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

I'm just now kind of having an out of body experience and realizing that this thread is really fucking tough to read for someone who's not a part of the regular mafia crew. Sorry about that, Lyric. If you have any questions about shit, feel free to ask. Probably a bunch of stuff that doesn't make sense actually doesn't matter for the game at hand.

14. Eidolonic

I mean this is more about trying to get into your head than it is about Cobalt. Obviously.

I'm getting my usual 'This didn't really help me all that much' feelings from it though, but I still gotta try.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Yeah, I had that same feeling especially when it branched off to talking about a game that's not even on this site.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I want Newcomb to be town.

Not totally sold that he is, but I want it to be true.

It's a 'lack of town read' read more than a scum read, though, and I'm not willing to lynch him D1 on that, especially in a game where there haven't really been a ton of things happen to showcase the kind of thought process I need from him.
    --- Post automerged ---
    @Newcomb

Talk to me about Cobalt? Maybe do a quick skim of his ISO.

15. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    I mean if my 4 positive reads are all correct this is ezgameezlife mode.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Yeah obviously you wanted my thoughts there. I knew as I was typing it was a weird townread.

16. Eidolonic

@fontisian

I think my last post could be a bit more demanding/brusque than it was intended to be. Pretend there's some kind of emoticon at the end of it!

17. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Thinking specifically of ayaw where he jumped at everything I said that was even a little contentious but I guess that, uh, didn't work for him so maybe it's silly.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I'm also partially assuming scum... kind of need me to be lynchable to win for ~most iterations of the rand here so that's not NOT coloring my view.

18. Eidolonic

Welcome to why I'm pushing back a little on scum reads of you for meh reasons.

Also welcome to why I ended up picking Fluff to push on, to see who responded in what kind of way.

19. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    This is basically the only place I ever get to assume that. Gotta take the benefits.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Assume that on day 1 anyway. Have gotten there like, d4 on mtgs

20. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Friend, the point of that was to make literally anything happen. It was only /you/ because that was the only relevant opinion I had.

I've done villagery things. I'll do more in the future. Prodding me about it won't change anything.

I don't follow why you think Tom is town. I've had doubts solely because he's felt genuinely engaged today. But I think there's a point to the way he put too much effort into outlining a confused thought process. I can kind of buy Von's thing about Tom's vote swapping, because that was part of him trying to show a thought process instead of actually having one, if that makes.

This is too many words I don't care that much about. I suppose it comes down to me feeling like he was pretending to waffle on me instead of taking a stance? Anyway, I would appreciate it if you addressed all of that.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Ah. Let's pretend I was definitely going to put one in mine too.