1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Worm Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Gemma, Dec 3, 2018.

1. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    This in particular, felt like fonti softening a little.
    But then actually wasn't apparently?

And coupled with, like, cheerleading vaimes to scumread me

Really feels like someone that needs me lynched *eventually*

But I might just be confirmation biasing because I'm just embracing wanting fonti to be a wolf atp

2. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Fwiw, I agree with Eido's take. The difference with ayaw was probably that Cobalt was trying to lynch you, yeah? As opposed to here, where him focusing on the insult doesn't scum!him make people suspect you.

3. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

I think it's fundamentally that I don't think him showing a thought process vs. having one is a wolfy thing for Tom. He's putting on show and acting as both town and as scum, because of the way his brain works. He sits there and thinks 'how can I post this/do this so that people will think I'm town' as /town/ sometimes, and it muddles the waters from a conventional standpoint in terms of reading him accurately.

I think the thing that tilts me towards town on him slightly is like. He's slightly...pleased with himself in a way that feels like 'Hey I'm town and did a thing that shows that I'm town' instead of the kind of smugly pleased that he's pulling one over on us? It's a subtle distinction but I think I believe in it maybe.

I'll dig back through his iso tomorrow and see what I can find, but Tom is absolutely a mislynch wolves need to win if he's town, and I don't want them to be able to push it through because of things that are NAI for him, you feel? If they want the lynch they have to work for it and be accountable and actually back it up with logic and thought processes that fully shows they truly think he's a wolf instead of just pushing a win condition.

And sorry again, I've had a pretty hellish couple days working, and doing mafia at the end of day when I'm slightly irritated for non-mafia reasons always makes me slightly unpleasant, and I don't mean to come across that way, I enjoy playing with you and you've done nothing to warrant the slight edge of irritation that's in my post and 100% not actually directed at you or because of you.

I still think you might be a wolf here, but that's completely unrelated <3

4. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Don't really think it's more effort than just typing. And voting isn't process it's feel.
    Think that post was, yes played up a bit, but more "for me" than most posts I make.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Literally either that every time, or no filter at all.
    No in between, as either alignment

5. fontisian

This is me not saying "piss off."

Ok.

I liked Von for jumping on the same thing. It was also meant to be jokey, like someone came in and voted for the guy I'm voting for, they're obviously town. Also, cheerleading Von doesn't work like that? Me liking Von for a read usually just makes him doubt that reas and tinfoil me.

Also, also, how is me setting you up as an eventually lynch a real thought? Like, actually, how would that even work? The read on your showmanship is something scum!me would expect maybe one town to jump on board with, because it's subjective as fuck and based on your first posts, which everyone will probably have forgetten about by Tomorrow? I wouldn't want to be the one fighting you either in that case. I'd want to wait for some other town to start tinfoiling and then build from there.

Third thing: "She looked like she was backing off and then the didn't!" Is just the laziest way to ignore the thoughts I actually gave. My reads are complicated, dude, and you're just reducing it down to a single level of suspicion like it isn't in constant flux.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I don't have any idea what you're trying to say. Please try to actually explain your thoughts, because this is upsetting. What is "more effort than just typing" supposed to mean? I was talking about you choosing to craft a story about your thought process instead of just showing your thought process. That has nothing to do with how long the thing was, or how much you had to type. What the hell am I supposed to make of "voting is feel?" You have reasons for your feelings, you wrote about of
    --- Post automerged ---
    Fixed.

I don't even really care about these points, I just want you to make sense.

And phone posting is the worst.

6. Lyric

Lyric Squib

High Score:
    I am back!

7. fontisian

Ok, thank you.

My only points are that, in my experience, he has done more often as scum than as town and I expected him to feel like he was having more fun with it if he was town.

8. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    What I'm trying to say, I guess, is that my thought process that, yes I was trying to show for the purposes of getting townread, isn't a thing that makes any sense to any one but me.

Like, when I just vote and let it sit for a few then vote again waiting for something to feel right. Thats... actually what I'm doing. I do it as scum too though there the feel is more based on the game around me than internal but I still do that and look at it in the thread to see if it belongs there holistically and I can go on and on no one wants this

9. fontisian

I can see what you mean about him feeling pleased with himself in a towmy way, though.

10. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    And now leaving outs after I called you out for trying to hold on to it and yeah I'm definitely tunnelled moving on
    --- Post automerged ---
    Hey fonti tell me about vaimes in a world where I'm town.

11. fontisian

That was helpful, thanks.

Can you actually lay out your reasons for thinking I'm scum? For me, right now, it feels like I called you out when you were waffling on me, so you decided to go in on it and find reasons to support it after (like the weak reg reads thing).

12. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    It's that sense of being steered from early, then kind of a "following the script" feel to our interactions since?

13. fontisian

Eh? He needs to do more. He /is/ genuinely really busy, so I don't blame him for not being here. I kind of liked the way he challenged, but he also tends to do that as scum to look confident preemptively get me off his back.

I think Eido pointed out that Von was reading all three of him, Newcomb and Reg town, which is kind of sketchy. I liked the thought behind the Reg read, even if it was probably too early to give it.

Slight town for overall feel, I think, with room for me to turn on him later.

I'll probably look over his posts again in the morning and revise this. I'm missing some details.

14. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    I see "scumreading me" as analogous to "townreading [them]" in a...
    Ok I'm not gonna play this up for you it's just a connection my mind is making my explanation for why would be made up to look town

15. fontisian

That's a good summation of what I've been feeling from you.

Well, not the steered thing, though I remember thinking that was bullshit at the time. How exactly was I going to steer you into pushing Eido? I don't think there's any world where scum!me pursaudes you more about his alignment than town!him.

16. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    That's why it's a sense and not a Thing I Have Evidence to Back Up.

17. fontisian

Are you drawing a connection between Von scum eading you and townreading those three as a template kind of thing for him to approach the game as scum? Does that make sense?

I really just need clearer explanations from you, my dude.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Alright. If it's a sense with logic actively opposing it, why is not just paranoia?

18. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Obviously possible it's town vaimes and these are just his reads but yes I think it's the *same kind of read*
    That's, like not too easy in any sense but too defaulty. It's, like, "yeah everyone is probably happy with their rand doodeedoo these are reads *mascot dance*"

19. fontisian

Tom, do you think scum!von would just naturally fall into shading you?

20. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    pshaw
    Logic is just how you justify gut to other people.