1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Worm Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Gemma, Dec 3, 2018.

1. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

That's not an unreasonable point, but with such low numbers, and Citrus being ~generally~ townread, he could drop a vote on some middle of the road / low impact player and make them attractive in 20 hours when we're trying to consolidate. Whereas the same pressure applies to Cobalt, now - he's a more attractive lynch because it might be that he's our only option. Which, like... surely Citrus would see those dynamics?

2. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Can you name a player that fits that mould and fits his reads? I can't. I also think in a Cobalt/Citrus world him thinking it's likely that a town of well, what the town would be are unlikely to reassess and lynch elsewhere today and that voting elsewhere..hoping we do is just killing his chances of winning, doing so and us lynching Cobalt means he /never/ endgames here which sort of negates the ~sort of town reads~ that some people have on him.

Anyway, want to join me on Citrus?

3. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Think his townread of fluff might have fucked that up in this theoretical cobalt/citrus world.
    Like, who is he gonna vote? Me?

4. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

He could have voted for Von.

5. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Yeah that too.
    --- Post automerged ---
    But like, eh?

To be clear I don't scumread either of them really but Newcomb prolly right that that vote does not lead to that team winning very often.

6. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Eh, I think that team wins more often with him making that vote than him voting elsewhere.

But I should stop getting sidetracked and actually get through some ISOs.

7. Newcomb

Sure, me.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Yeeeeeah I think we're in danger of going too far down the rabbit hole, here.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Uh, we kinda missed our window to run him up and get a claim.

8. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Alright, I kind of want to say that Vaimes realising that it's 10 players rather than 11 in 61 makes him more likely town in a 8-2 (Super likely situation) world since he'd probably have realised or whined about it being 9-2 earlier but that's an uglyish read and not something I'm going to put much weight on. I'm still a bit concerned about how/how early he got There on me here, particularly since he's normally struggled to even get There on me at all and is normally super paranoid/hesitant to town read me, just..yeah, very hard to completely believe. Like that he's at the same place re; Lyric as myself, but not really a fan of his treatment of Fonti/Tom. I dunno, think I just come out of his ISO shrugging.

9. fontisian

Reg, I think Lyric is such a clear townread right now that people shouldn't get credit for having the read.

10. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

I kind of don't think Lyric is all that town, AMA.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Maybe that's not fair. I'd say it's more accurate to say I have some reservations about Lyric being town, but want to see what they do when they dive back in and flesh out the remaining reads?

11. Newcomb

I too am very interested to see Lyric push on someone.

12. Eidolonic

I do think I agree with Citrus/Cobalt not being w/w. I think Citrus makes more of a show of it there somehow to get credit, or at least not look like a buddy phoning in the bus vote. He's more aware of how he's perceived and tends to be a level or two deep as a wolf I think, and this doesn't feel like how he'd consider a path to victory if it's exactly Cobalt/Citrus.

13. fontisian

Ok, so it's not that she's confirmed town, it's the reasons to townread her are super obvious, so Von getting them isn't an especially towny thing.

14. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

points to Fenrir

15. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Im fairly meh on lyric still. Thought they were an experienced player that was rusty for awhile. Then came out they were pretty new and I kinda dig the "lack of paranoia" statement someone made that was really just the conclusion to my "why wouldn't they ___" question that I didn't actually get to...
    And yeah its all kinda... eh
    Interactions do look ok but we aren't exactly making it that hard for lyric as a group.

16. Eidolonic

My issue with Lyric is that everything feels pretty...level one? Like. Almost everything they post about their town reads is stuff they're doing that makes them town because they're town, kind of thing. She 100% still could be town, don't get me wrong, but I'm reminded a little of some of my early wolf games, where I'd know someone is town, and everything they did looked like a reason to town read them, because I know it's coming from town.

Maybe that's a little convoluted but there just doesn't really look like a whole lot of consideration there for some of the reads. I think there's genuine confusion with the Tom interaction that looks...mostly good, though, just to be fair trying to wrap your head around Tom could be baffling as either alignment :v

I want to town read her because she seems genuinely pleasant and I respect the effort, and don't want to make her feel unwelcome especially given the other game she mentioned, but I need more depth and nuance of thought to get there, yet - something that shows she's actually thinking about the person's alignment and why they might be a wolf that isn't just pointing out the things they're doing that make someone she knows is a villager, well. A villager.

17. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

vOv

To be honest, it was because your post(s) read more human to me when normally you sound like some weird mix of an ad-lib and a text-to-speech bot.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I kinda fell for Lyric when she did a double-take re: her own read on tom.

And it was a lot of words and would have to be kinda weird levels of scum theater coming from someone who took the first 24-ish hours off.

18. Eidolonic

Kind of a mix of both.

I had it in my head how I wanted to handle Fluff this game, and it was to like, try and work with him and coax out reasoning, etc, going in. So I decided I was bored and wanted to pressure vote someone who wasn't really doing shit, and Cobalt felt 'right' to me for that target, but then I just kind of pivoted to Fluff anyways, mostly due to thinking he'd be more interesting in terms of how other people felt about a push. He's a mislynch that wolves want badly if he's town, as nk'ing fluff is approximately not something anyone wants to ever do, so. Yeah.

But then Fluff just. Does the Fluff thing where he makes a post and you're just like '...okay? and? why? why are you only making one sentence with no actual thoughts' and my brain rabbles at me about it.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Nah.

Not like this at least. Too much time spent on it for what is just one mark of unalignment.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I wanted to know how much experience you had wolfing. Or in general really. I kind of saw glimpses of like. You having a read on someone, and then pointing out things they did that made them town, rather than organically processing info and deciding they were town based on that info, and it's something that I think happens a lot to relatively new scum players. They know someone is a villager, so everything that person does looks villagery to them.

My reluctance to expound on it at the time was because I wanted to see you finish up the reads and see what you thought made people likely to be scum, and try and identify critical thinking about the game and people's alignments in a way that would help me get there on you if you're town, but some other people touched on things and it made it kind of moot, so, eh.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Also kind of head tilting at Lyric's confidence in the 8-2 vs. 7-3 thing given how little experience they have. Feels like it could have been an actual slip with them /knowing/ it is 8-2 and them doing a decent job of trying to cover for it.

Also might be nothing, but just a couple little things that squashed my initial urge to just write her off as town.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Mrgle.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Why are you the way you are.

LIke. If you're going to follow along and pop in to post something, why not like.... say anything about the game? What do you think about Von's reads list? What do you think it means for his alignment? What do you think about like, literally anything else you read between your last post and this one?
    --- Post automerged ---
    --- Post automerged ---
    This makes me want to not town read you more than anything else you've posted, tbh.

19. fontisian

Learn to use quotes.

She got called out on saying the team was 8-2, and responded with "that was a slip." I don't think a new scum player comes out and says that.

20. Eidolonic

Yeah, maybe not. Just pings me a little that she has such strong convictions in the setup balance angle with so little experience
    --- Post automerged ---
    I don't hate this.