1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Worm Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Gemma, Dec 3, 2018.

1. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

Okay.

Talk about Newcomb's posting since you voted him?

Do you still think he's a wolf? Why?

If you had 3 bullets and had to hit both wolves in those 3 bullets, who are you shooting and why?

2. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Real quick, Newcomb, I've been burned by the pride thing before. Looking at it from Reg's pov, he would have rolled scum in a game with you and eido, where he would have desperately wanted to be town, just after Gemma outed to mod. That would suck.

3. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Eh fine, you can have my main grievances with Citrus's play so far.

Pretty much, I don't see his play here as a real attempt solving at all, I don't believe the reads he has he's got to organically at all, or really how he's got to any of them. I don't really see what he's saying vs what he's doing to match at all and it feels a lot like "going through motions" "trying to seem town / helpful" for appearance sake.

Him complaining about the lack of new content/activity when returning in Post #116 to end up throwing down a vote on Lyric (I've quoted Lyrics posts in a spoiler at the time below)-- then later in Post #134 says that he doesn't think Lyrics 2 posts should ping anyone at all and then in Post #159 said the vote was designed to see how people would react (which is ?????) and said that Lyric was more null-town for him; I ask him to explain the read, he does so in Post #263 and it just...doesn't seem real. It feels like the sort of read that scum just throw out when they need to try and explain a stance they've backed themselves into "Like, oh gut/tone", explains the vote as an attempt to "get wagons going" but throwing a vote down on a mostly inactive/newer player that you supposedly have a weak town read on at the time there just...doesn't check. And the "I didn't like any of the other wagons" 5 non-tom people had the same amount of votes that Lyric did (Fluff, Newcomb, Myself, Cobalt, Eido). Outside of that there's no real commentary on Lyric at all, she just moves into his middle tier of preferring not to lynch, no comment on her posting.

I find the reasoning behind his town read on Tom earlier on and the fact that he's maintained that sort of stance on Tom since without adding anything to it or commenting on it any more as fake. I find the strength and reasoning behind his Fluff town read in Post #442 to come across as TMI'ing. I don't really see any genuine reads in his reads/stance post in Post #437. Like it just feels like posts with words, but no active solving, no reads, no thoughts.

4. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Well he's definitely been posting more, and I liked the effort he put into his readslist.

But then I realized that his readlist and lyrics post with their reads are basically the same, and even use the same reasonings, which is super ick.S

So a lot less impressed with him after actually looking at his post.

And actually, Lyric's readlist is not conisitent with her stated reads.

Vote: Lyric

So if I had three bullets, I'd shoot Lyric, Newcomb, and probably Cobalt due to his relative lack of content i guess. bleh

5. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Like I see someone that was hyped to play this game, someone that says they won't be around at deadline. Then I look at his stances, reads, reasoning and votes. And I see him ask questions like ask me to talk about Fluff & Cobalt (Which is ????? out of the whole playerlist THAT's who he wants me to talk about, mslynch #1 & mslynch #2 target if they're town in this game), rather than like Newcomb or someone he's seen me play with in the past and generally read well.

It's just..not real scumhunting.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Like this is someone that has town read and sheeped Newcomb!Town jsut because I explained the town read in depth in the thread before, says he has trouble reading Newcomb, has Newcomb in his lynch pile, but wants me to be talking about Fluff, his strongest town read.
    --- Post automerged ---
    There's just a huge disconnect there.

6. Lyric

Lyric Squib

High Score:
    Hmmmm, this is really weird.

Will be back to play in a few hours

7. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

I mean. There's a reason Eido's super town and Reg's super junior town.
    --- Post automerged ---
    hey quick question what the fuck game are you reading
    --- Post automerged ---
    Like, I don't even remember Lyric's reasons for reading Eido or Reg town but my reasoning behind those reads are so heavily personal and meta dependent that there's literally zero chance they're the same.

So what's up

8. Lyric

Lyric Squib

High Score:
    I guess quick thoughts before a catch-up post is

I think tom truly reads me null, and the fact that he nullreads me actually makes me read him townier still lmao. (in former game, tom townread me, along with fonti and Reg actually I believe)

Eido...why ask me about experience and my scumreads in a thread where I've actually answered both in thread (and before I made the 8-2 slip, which if you're wondering, I'm not unfamiliar with setup rules, read many games, just got out of a 8-2 and it was middle of night/frankly never thought twice about 7-3) then both simultaneously called my play too level 1 (which I guess falls under inexperience) and like weirdly experienced for the slip?
    Your experience q came from the slip, so why ask?

And fluff....that was straight-up wild reasoning which just icks me out. Do you think Newcomb is sheeping my reads? Or that we are w/w and are literally

9. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Yeah throwing a nice, solid "yikes" at fluff rn.

10. Lyric

Lyric Squib

High Score:
    *sharing a reads wall in QT
    --- Post automerged ---
    Like tom and Eidolonic, whatever, but fluff jumping on me really reads opportunistic in a "do not want her to be unlynchable" kind of way.

11. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Yo lyric "wording" reads are bad but I hate that you're on board calling it a slip instead of "assumption" or something

12. Lyric

Lyric Squib

High Score:
    But yeah, so crazy I feel like these can't be real thoughts.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Sorry, can change that, called it a slip and so did everyone else and I guess it stuck.

13. Newcomb

Lyric I think part of my and Eido's confusion here is this + you saying you "just got out of an 8-2".

Did you mean this will be your third game here or your third game ever?

If it's the first one, where else have you played, and how many games do you have under your belt, and how many of those were wolf games, and maybe throw us a link.

14. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    It's whatever it's not a good reason for a read I'm basically jumping at shadows with you here.

Gimme dem reads

15. Lyric

Lyric Squib

High Score:
    My third game ever, I just subbed out of playing 8 hours of a third game (the one I didn't like) but this is my "full" third game I guess.
    --- Post automerged ---
    @Newcomb, why don't I match your map of a newer player?
    --- Post automerged ---
    I'll be back to actually play-play in a few hours.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Also @Eidolonic, this is actually a completely different playing experience! I feel welcome, so you don't need to hold back on scumreading me if that's where your mind is truly at (and also removes a weak reason for you to try to keep me out of town pool but be conciliatory about it if that isn't what you really think :p )

16. Newcomb

In my experience, newer players, when they roll villager, are most concerned about not fucking up, secondarily concerned with dunking wolves, and at a distant third, concerned with building a village circle and PoEing from there.

You're like, kind of skipping the first two. Don't get me wrong, it's an entirely valid strategy, especially for a small game. If you can get 4ish solid townreads here, you can just autowin off that. But it's kind of disconcerting to see someone who's ostensibly rolled villager in their third game be like "oh these people did something that looks real. They must be villagers."

17. Lyric

Lyric Squib

High Score:
    Eh, once again, that's not where my mind is at about my "townreads". I can elaborate once I come back!

18. Eidolonic

How long until deadline? Only slept 3 hours last night, and dozing in/out atm.

19. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    I mean, how many newer players start in an environment like 2018 DLP though?

What else would she model her game after?
    --- Post automerged ---
    4 pm tomorrow our time

20. Eidolonic

Oh neat. Gonna zz then.