1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Worm Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Gemma, Dec 3, 2018.

1. Lyric

Lyric Squib

High Score:
    Updated thoughts on skim catch-up:

Newcomb-towny (my main reservations of him not really having (town)reads or explanations gone). also gave me an epiphany about my own playstyle. happy with him
    HF- I'm gonna finish my ISOs and re-skim thread first but defo my current top scumread, like I have such a hard time thinking these are actual thought processes. Like almost to the level of so baffled that I think scum would never
    tom- feeling like I'm wasting my time interacting with him bc it's not exactly getting me further along on reading him past my last thoughts/can't build a game with him because we can't seem to townread each other, and then he says I seem nice and next thing you know I'm pocketed part 2
    Eido- think is still reasonable, honestly a touch suspicious because I feel like there's so much scum motivation to fighting back against a me!townread, but actively fighting against that impulse because I realize that's a Thing I Do (I townread people who townread me, am suspicious of people who don't. In my defense, I am usually townread)

WIll start ISOs then skim of entire thread
    --- Post automerged ---
    Oh god I'm so overwhelmed and I haven't even started
    --- Post automerged ---
    I hate how nobody's ever around when it's day for me
    --- Post automerged ---
    @tom come back and talk to me about fluff

2. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    I'm in bed though, and fluff is not a relaxing topic.

3. Lyric

Lyric Squib

High Score:
    sad
    --- Post automerged ---
    Wait you don't actually need 10 characters for a message? wtf

4. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    I guess not.

I haven't seen a post ending in "/ten" all game.

5. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    I don't think i'll be getting to this again before EOD, maybe some phone posts around then on the way to work.

Most of my reads/thoughts are in my last few posts.

Tom/Lyric always town here, Newcomb probably town, Citrus probably scum is about all you really need to know though.

6. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

7. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Good morning.

Dunno if I’ll be around except for the occasional “bathroom” break.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Saw Reg’s post about Citrus and don’t have time to click links and junk but I do agree with the overall “words” thing.

No comment on “he’s asking questions that are important to him,” I’ve literally never seen anyone give that read before but it’s everywhere this game.

8. Lyric

Lyric Squib

High Score:
    Fell asleep and overtaken by RL, midway through a reread then will do ISOs.

Also side note on the game I apparently literally cannot stop talking about here, game ended and turns out I had the exact scum team right on Day 1 and I'm freaking ECSTATIC. That was SUCH a confidence booster. It wasn't even a newbie game or anything!!
    !!!!
    !!!!!!

Okay will continue.
    --- Post automerged ---
    *for people confused about my experience, it's the same game I subbed out of early on before this one I keep mentioning
    --- Post automerged ---
    Okay so on my reread, my reads list is probably closer to this now, with Regfan my toptown and HF my top scumread

Regfan
    Newcomb/Eido
    Fonti
    Tom/Citrus
    Cobalt/Vaimes
    His Fluff

Will say more
    --- Post automerged ---
    Regfan's the only one I'd be truly shocked if he were witch,
    want to lynch below tom/citrus, willing to lynch below fonti
    --- Post automerged ---
    Urgh not actually sure about that, I really do gutread Eido less towny now, would probably put him on same line as fonti because I feel like they've both done things that feel like of "keep mislynches open-y", which I'm not as suspicious about with Newcomb after his recent posts. With Citrus, I think a lot of it was gut/tone lean townread and on a reread it didn't hold as strongly tho he was never insanely towny for me or anything, while tom went up a lot based on our interactions and the fact that he seems genuinely paranoid and confused.

Will elaborate more in upcoming post
    --- Post automerged ---
    hmmm tom didn't go up a lot, like he was technically in a similar place in my list, but as I was rereading/thinking through all his interactions, I actually default to thinking of him as town now. I'd also be lying if I said that my reads on tom/citrus/fonti haven't been affected by others' perceptions and comments on them throughout thread (now uncomfortable with fonti/citrus, while people I trust e.g. Regfan read tom super towny,etc..)
    --- Post automerged ---
    @tom, why are you on Vaimes again and not fluff if you think his post was as bad as I do?
    --- Post automerged ---
    For my HF iso:

Didn't hate his posts in the beginning half of his ISO,
    relaxed and all fluff, little content and nullread. Newcomb called fonti/tom unaligned and he responds by saying "that's premature" which in the beginning I saw as towny bc I read it as paranoia, but now ....
    Asks fair questions, but his questions consisted of things like asking tom why he didnt hate my wagon, shades me in #167 for not showing up, has a small interaction with fonti there which I would find strange for w/w (where fonti calls HF insightful), asks cobalt why he finds Eido weird, etc with limited explanations/reads of his own.
    And now with that specific post, he calls Newcomb out for having a similar post to mine (which is like???? how does he ever think Newcomb sheeping my reads would ever be a thing), says if he could shoot 3 people it would include me and Newcomb (which really suggests he thinks Newcomb and I are w/w), then lynch votes me saying my reads are inconsistent (which a. ??? reasoning and b. not true) instead of asking for a clarification, which seems to have been his general approach up until now (asking questions).

Like after all my posts THAT'S all he came up with? This just
    reads me to like no progression and not real thoughts, I don't know if I'm just viewing this through a cloud of frustration, but he hasn't been back so I don't see a gambit in this and like, just absolutely no.

Lynch Vote: His Fluffiness

--- Post automerged ---
    To clarify, HF was a nullread which just pinged me asboth towny and questionable in specific parts (basically all my other nullreads), and that post was a ....holy shit wtf happened thing.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Not finished with rest of my reads
    --- Post automerged ---
    Cobalt ISO:

Not very present/active, doesn't really focus on important things, doesn't have much thought imo.
    I think the thing that I was like "eh kinda towny" with Eido was sufficiently reversed by whoever (Newcomb?) said it's weird to zero in on Eido's beginning posts as being stilted and then talk about not being able to read Eido on tone at the same time.
    Would be fine lynching him, kinda feel like his flip would be the least informative, and also wondering if people are reading him on being inactive because idk if I'm supposed to say stuff like this, but he was also MIA in the game I keep talking about (he was in game w me) and was town.
    But I think the posts he DID make in the game did talk about "important stuff" (like main fights) and here...not so much.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I guess in retrospect some of his Eido pushes seem more like reaching than anything, which is questionable.

Is Cobalt someone who tends to be more active in one alignment vs another?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Like how exactly does fluff go from scumreading Newcomb, thinking he sheeped my reads and making that the point of his post, and then voting me with a lol your readwall is inconsistent.
    *scream emoji*
    --- Post automerged ---
    This just cannot be real.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Working on consolidating my Vaimes ISO and like a bunch of other random thoughts and qs while reading thread but kinda just need a break.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Holy shit just realized you can get ISO by clicking on a user.

9. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

I kind of want to lynch Citrus because regardless of anything that's happened in this particular game I kind of viscerally hate the idea of a fluff or Cobalt lynch

10. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Lyric, try clicking on the little magnifying glass under the avatars.

We're not killing Citrus when he's out until eod.

11. Lyric

Lyric Squib

High Score:
    This is amazing.

12. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Because IF fonti is town, vaimes' "oh they fought, always one scum in there" is the single scummiest stance in this game.
    And fluffy is just, like, some guy. You know?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Never too late for a Tom cfd

13. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

Will be at computer in hour or two until eod.

14. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Specifically the way he only went as deep as not scum together, didn't consider v/v, and that was enough for him with no further comment or thought beyond "Tom lynch feels right"

15. fontisian

I'm kind of buying this as a real thought from Cobalt.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Don't forget the "Tom 75%, fonti 25%" wolf thing when Von gave his readlist.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Von has actually never changed his vote from this, right? That's sketch.

16. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    And then along with that dichotomy, voting cobalt and leaving his options open on fluff without even cursory words on team building
    --- Post automerged ---
    Yes very much what im talking about.
    He decided that early and no change up til there is extremely suspect
    --- Post automerged ---
    Obviously these posts have been dumb if fonti is scum, but basically vaimes is like 75% if she's not
    --- Post automerged ---
    And, uh, not zero% if she is

17. fontisian

Oh yeah.

The reasoning he gave after this was that he wanted to poke Cobalt. He's been here since Cobalt popped in and did his whole plea for mercy thing. And he's been pushing for a Citrus cfd.

Vote: Vaimes

18. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    If he flips town were gonna tunnel eachother so hard

19. fontisian

Tom, have you talked about why you don't like fluff?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Uh, I just did a reread, and I'm seeing you as more town through it, so maybe not from my end.

20. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    A little I think.
    Not really something in feel strong about but couple times I felt like he was just playing up his meta
    --- Post automerged ---
    Ftr I'm somewhere near:
    Vaimes 60%
    Fonti 25
    V/v 10
    W/w 5% and falling