1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Worm Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Gemma, Dec 3, 2018.

1. Lyric

Lyric Squib

High Score:
    What is Vaimes' and fluff's scum meta?

2. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Here's fluff's last scum game. I'm currently reading up on it.

Von's meta is complicated.

3. Lyric

Lyric Squib

High Score:
    On just ISO, I'm pretty dead null on Vaimes. Posts seem reasonable enough, mostly him giving light townreads. I do like this particular post, and I remember being bad at reading him past two games and he was scum in both, nothing else particularly grabbed my attention on my own. I did dislike
    "I know we're all thinking "CFD onto Citrus," and I'm ready for it. It's also never too late for a Day 1 font lynch."
    but I know that's likely just a Vaimes thing.

I guess I'm trying to imagine a town!him having his post thoughts, like tom vote switching a lot -> scumreads tom -> tom and fonti have a weird back and forth and he sees them unaligned -> comes back, still has those thoughts (idk how much he's caught up and how much fonti/tom there was between then?) -> sees tom vs fonti in a he-thinks-tom-is-scummy perspective ->pokes cobalt -> leaves
    versus scum!him doing so

and like motivation for scum!fonti or a scum!tom or a scum!both
    to be having this back and forth

and like hmmmmm....

I think everything seems reasonable on surface glance.
    I didn't read his posts as one of you two HAS to be scum, but guess 75%/25% thing at the end is defo weird, not something that would occur to me as defo w/v, but then again I read fonti vs tom and came out with fonti seeming townier so I guess if he's reading surfacey that's not a crazy thought to have? Like I find the thought itself plausible, but I guess more than anything, if I keep thinking about it, the lack of diving into tom/fonti, lack of pressure, and the weird off-rail into cobalt does look weird. I imagine there would be at least one separate post or an ISO or SOMETHING if he was so sure.

I'm at
    Cobalt
    Vaimes
    Fluff

Read fluff's scum ISO, need to think about that.

4. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

I’m so sorry I passed out after work and I’ve had the busiest day, please give me the day and I promise I’ll make it up to you all.

5. fontisian

There's almost four hours until deadline. Do you think you'll be able to do anything?

Lyric, for clarity, you were saying fluff is scummier than Von, who is scummier than Cobalt, right?

6. Lyric

Lyric Squib

High Score:
    Yeah I am.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Hmmm, but like Cobalt's still more null

7. fontisian

Ok, so looking at WoW Mafia (where fluff was scum), he seems very self conscious. He tells people when he's leaving the thread and when he comes back, he over explains. He doesn't just vote drop blank votes, he says:
    And he's a bit opportunistic, pushing people to scumread each other and actually making a case against a town.

I'm not seeing any of that from fluff here.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Compare these to cases:
    That case is pretty good. It's reasoned out and there are quotes supporting what he's saying. He also started it by over explaining what he was doing (saying he didn't have access to a computer earlier).

This case is hot garbage. It's broad as fuck, almost no reasoning is explained, and he expects us all to just get it.

Fluff is probably town.

8. Lyric

Lyric Squib

High Score:
    I agree that reading his ISO, he seems to be higher effort there and has a few longer posts, but I imagine that's like later game posts and I don't actually see a huge difference early game.

I also thought of "okay, scum dropping such a short rather unconvincing one-liner, if he were actively trying to mislynch him as of Day 1, he'd make an actual post and truly go in on me" but I think that's negated by the fact that it's Day 1 and it's opportunistic in the way that he's doing this during a time where people who read me nuller has spoken up and Newcomb was starting to be read townier (and instead of continuing to go after Newcomb, a better player/harder lynch, votes me) and it opens up arguments for later down the road.

What would you think a town!fluff's motivation for that particular read and post would be if genuine?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Realistically he was never going to get a wagon started on me Day 1 and I don't think he was trying, but it seems like he's the type of player that can get away with an action like that without much push and it gives more for scum!him to work with in the future than town!him imo.
    --- Post automerged ---
    LIke what in the world would town!him have even been trying to do, he just up and disappeared after that read.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I admit I may also just be a litttleee bit salty.

9. fontisian

Fluff actually made that post towards the end of Day 1 in WoW. Side note, when I read old games for meta, instead of isoing the person, I just search for their name/nickname, so that I get some context.

Town!fluff's motivation would be that he believes it to be true, and expected other people to see the same things he did if he pointed it out.
    --- Post automerged ---
    That's ok. Emotions are an important part of playing the game, and recognizing when they're negatively impacting your logic is a great skill to develop.

10. Lyric

Lyric Squib

High Score:
    Sigh, fair enough.

I'm going to try and hunt down a town!fluff game unless you have a particular recommendation.

11. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

No, I’m in the middle of a really hectic day. I’m sorry
    --- Post automerged ---
    Like if you really think I’m scummy enough to get rid of today then do it but you all know me and know that with enough time and effort I resolve myself

12. fontisian

Nah. There are a lot of them, and I don't want to lead you around too much. Stardew is, iirc, his other scum game, so don't read that one.

13. Lyric

Lyric Squib

High Score:
    (Side note: Does anyone know why my font is doing that weird thing on this forum)

14. fontisian

Are you copy-pasting from Word?

15. Lyric

Lyric Squib

High Score:
    Nope, just typing straight into the box and clicking reply, the font just changes in random places after it's posted, super weird.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Yeah, I looked over two games and I have nothing that helped me understand fluff's posting here. If it's a strange play for both alignments then I'm just ??????

I also need to go soon, people. Reminder I am veryyy unlikely to be around EoD.

16. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

It's a known forum bug ever since the move to Xenforo

17. Lyric

Lyric Squib

High Score:
    Vote: Vaimes

18. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

~ 3 hours till EoD, right? Should be around.

19. Lyric

Lyric Squib

High Score:
    Fine with Vaimes lynch, prefer to give Cobalt a chance since he claims IRL, and am still v ok with a fluff lynch if someone wants to join, but it's past 5am and my body's giving up on me so.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Realized I never made my final post with rest of reread notes, but that's just honest to god not happening, good night all.

20. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Please bold your lynch votes. If you haven't read the rules already, now would be a good time.

Lynch votes

Cobalt (3) - Vaimes, Newcomb, Citrus
    Vaimes (3) - tom, fonti, Lyric
    Newcomb (1) - fluff
    Eido (1) - Cobalt
    fluff (1) - Eido
    Citrus (1) - Regfan

With 10 alive, it is 6 to lynch soft and 8 to lynch hard.

Deadline timer: https://www.tickcounter.com/countdown/862861/worm-mafia-day-1