1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Worm Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Gemma, Dec 3, 2018.

1. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Thoughts on this?

2. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    You forgetting Vaimes was in the game, his reaction to you. Him forgetting about you in his reads list until later. His ~weird~ stance on/about you where he's "not town reading you". Your play here so far today, the kill. Just a lot of things that make me certain.

3. fontisian

Look, if you can't clear me on my flip and push on Vaimes, can you at least clear me for the way he tried to push 1 in Tom and Me?

4. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Yeah, mentioned that in my first post today (And even yesterday); I think it makes it super likely you/tom are t/t from it alone.

5. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

For what it's worth, I agree with you that that is more alignment indicative than Vaimes' alignment and your interaction/push on Vaimes.

Just think you pushing on me here is what you'd do as a wolf after making that weird ass kill, so think you're just less town than Newcomb/Reg/Tom.

6. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Yeah everything ive said today aside, it could easily just be citrus. Really got nothing there other than a [slightly post RVS] gut town read.

7. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Eh, that Lyric post about Vaimes isn't great at all.

8. Eidolonic

Lyric just shooting the person Vaimes voted for?

My reservations with the town reads being TMI actually being case, and putting Vaimes as a strong scum read despite calling him dead null also a TMI thing? Ehhh.

9. fontisian

Justify that.

10. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Kind of a tough one.

A lot of the moving pieces here kind of look like it could be w/w, especially the way there's like, going over in detail the things that make him kind of town and then going "nah there'd be more" seems kind of... wooden, maybe? It's almost like the post is constructed to end up with Vaimes in her wolfreads without really dunking on him. Or that if it were real, he'd have ended up not the 2nd highest wolfread going by the conviction?

Yeeeah idk I think my gut still says not w/w here but I continue to be kind of baffled, I think in a good way, by Lyric's play. Would actually be really impressed if wolf, can't rule it out.

11. Eidolonic

...I just think it fits what you'd do as a wolf? You were shading me on D1 in a way that sort of felt like you were looking for a reason to push me, and then dunking Cobalt and gunning for me could be that path?

I don't think you'd actually /shoot Cobalt/ is the main reservation, and why I think you're probably just town. I think you'd let me lynch Cobalt, and /then/ gun for me, if you were a wolf.

Like what is there to even justify other than 'I think it fits my mental image of how you'd be wolfing this game'.

12. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    The more I look at that Lyric post the more I don't really like it. There's a different sort of approach? to that read then the others of hers.

13. Newcomb

:/

14. Eidolonic

I kind of hope it's Lyric, because then my reads actually weren't that bad.

15. Newcomb

Time, effort, or getting bafflingly N1'd

16. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Okay. Yeah. I really need the vig to claim if they shot Cobalt here.

I think if that was genuinely the mafias kill then mowing down Citrus/Lyric wins the game.

17. Eidolonic

Actually, there was something that made me think they might not be w/w, let me find it.

18. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    (I don't really think Eido/Fonti ever shoot Cobalt there, I think the whole "You'd shoot him to set up pushing me" is sort of tin-foily as fuck and I don't think either person would remove that assured ML from the game for something like that, especially when neither were in a terrible position at EOD).

19. fontisian

You are describing me noting some early awkwardness from you that several people noticed and me calling you out at eod for not recognizing me as town as shading. That's bullshit.

So you know, I waited until the very last moment to call you out, because I kept expecting you to get it.

Why would I ever do that? If I wanted to kill you, why wouldn't I just let you mislynch Cobalt and then dunk you after that? Why would I even decide you were the lynch I wanted in a game with fluff, tom and cobalt.

You also literally held onto a fucking early stage question thing with Citrus about our excitement at starting the game until eod, like one of us was trying to hide the fact that'd we'd be more excited to be town in there. What, could you not figure out anything else about me to talk about?

This is garbage, Eido.

20. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    I also don't think Fluff makes the deciding vote on Vaimes and busses him and then makes that kill.