1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Worm Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Gemma, Dec 3, 2018.

1. Lyric

Lyric Squib

High Score:
    hi tom!!
    --- Post automerged ---
    Just one last thing before I shut up:
    And the scum in my first game was Leeroy Jenkins! In what world is this the game I play as my first wolf where I killed off my partner immediately in a probable low power 8-2.
    --- Post automerged ---
    And of course I would think other members would make the same play and not bus and also ....not kill Cobalt so maybe I lost my point there.
    --- Post automerged ---
    This rant was probably a bad idea because now I'm terrified to roll scum and I wasn't before.
    --- Post automerged ---
    tl;dr a little offended by how dumb/crazy people seem to think I am, and appalled at whether my town play is SO level 1 that people are able to think these things about me but it's all good
    --- Post automerged ---
    or I guess I can take it as a compliment and see it as people thinking I'm ballsy, whatever :/
    --- Post automerged ---
    To be clear, I'm not saying bussing or whatever other moves are dumb/crazy just that it would be for *me*, the first time!scum.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Come back tom :(
    --- Post automerged ---
    Okay, point is: Where my thoughts are at right now in thread is that I keep getting suspicious of people because I'm like "how can you actually THINK that" and thinking ofc they can, they don't know me/they aren't me, I don't even know myself as scum blah blah but my nonlogical side is still thinking "how can you actually THINK that" and "I'm clearly town and all these actions are obvious!" because I know I'm town and my actions are obvious to me, and yeah nothing particularly logical is going on but it's probably a fair summary of how I feel towards thread.

2. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

The NK stuff isn’t personal, Lyric. The kill was weird, there’s no real narrative that immediately makes sense, so we’re just trying things out, seeing how they fit, like trying on gloves in a department store.

No one’s brought anything to the register yet.

3. Lyric

Lyric Squib

High Score:
    Yeah no it's totally fine! Not actually IRL offended or anything, but yeah still...not me.

4. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

5. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Ugh someone should push me. I'm too clear and I already caught a wolf and my motivation is just gone.

Quick hits
    I kinda like citrus going at reg. Like, regardless of alignment he clearly believes he's been mischaracterized so cftwr is a possibility but I like it anyway

Don't like lyric delving into voxx/Newcomb but shell be happy to know that it's her best looking scumreads of the game and that's not the problem it's just [something something thread flow i may have to read this phase more thoroughly and figure out of this makes sense then figure out how to explain it if so]
    --- Post automerged ---
    Voxx has been kinda
    Uh
    Agenda-y isn't the right word (Or, indeed, a word at all)
    Playbooky?

Ugh that's dumb too

Like he's got a system for dealing with this situation. And he's using the system. And he's doing things.
    And all the things are fine I've got no beef with his things but

Fuck I lost it.

6. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

I would be very interested in a re-read from you and thoughts.
    Welcome to my generic village play if I don't need to lead.

Step 1) lynch someone not a town read

Step 2) find enough villagers that the rest wins the game.

Step 1 made me fine with Cobalt or Vaimes, with preference to Cobalt.

Step 2 has me clearing Reg, Newcomb, You, Fonti.

Last wolf is in Citrus, Lyric, Fluff.

It's fomulaic, but it works.

I don't have a ton of sparkling original insight. Doesn't feel like it's needed, either. This game never really hooked me, despite the solid playerlist. I think it's the small game size tbh, leads to a lot more 1 on 1 interaction which isn't something I enjoy or am all that great at reading into.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I'll read over other stuff tomorrow, just read the most recent post while on the shitter, so. Back to sleep.

7. Lyric

Lyric Squib

High Score:
    Been rereading and looking at people's thoughts, think my thoughts are more organized now esp regarding the wagon and outside-clears (the people who didn't bus when it is v much their meta, people who had unlikely interactions with Vaimes) and generally still in the same place with my PoE pool, but a lot more comfortable with having Citrus as my lynch today.

Right now at:
    fonti/tom
    Regfan

Newcomb
    HF
    Eido
    Citrus

I buy that HF's scum meta is not this/he's technically the next "clearest" from wagon after tom and fonti if I'm thinking straightforwardly/he seems generally on the townread side of the PoE by people, his posts are a lot more rational now, so not the lynch today. Still want to hear wtf was going on with the Newcomb/me thing.

I was reading Eido fairly towny before EoD yesterday, but people say bussing is a huge part of his meta, still not happy that he was pro-Cobalt vs Vaimes, NK probably makes less sense for him than from fluff/Citrus apparently, Vaimes "townread" him and people see it as spew, posts still reasonable.

Citrus apparently had the most "off" read from Vaimes and that's a meta tell (?), NK apparently on the likelier side of having happened with him, mostly scumread/in everyone's PoE, nothing particular in ISO that screams town to me. Must admit still a little squicked by how hectic/not thought out his EoD was if this was a bus.

Will be back, will reread so I don't feel as bad about sheeping all the meta, please lmk if there's something I got wrong in general about anything. Kinda thinking game just ends at Citrus. Ehhhhh idk.

Would still like to hear from more people about Newcomb and Regfan.

Lynch: Citrus

--- Post automerged ---
    inb4 tom/fonti/Vaimes
    --- Post automerged ---
    Actually, would probably most like for people to actively comment on my Eido thoughts.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Huh, tried to look for the Citrus/Vaimes interaction people were talking about and might've just made it up
    --- Post automerged ---
    Never mind, found it, was Newcomb
    --- Post automerged ---
    You know, been thinking about what I find different about Newcomb, and when I mentioned he was "harder" some point Day 1, I meant he's snarkier? almost than I remember him being. It's been forever though and I don't know if that means anything, but finally placed it in my own mind.

8. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

@Newcomb

Tell me that Eido reaponding to Tom here and not talking about how obviously town Lyric is isn't sketchy as fuck.

9. Citrus

Citrus First Year

@Lyric

Why do you think regfan is town?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Like do you not agree with any of the above or ???
    --- Post automerged ---
    Hey @Eidolonic. If you were to just take the list of players that are in the game right now outside of this game and said "hey who would be the easiest people to lynch independent of alignments or anything else based off meta, ability to sway people, etc." would you get literally any other short list? Like does this not scream to you "hey are these would be the easiest people to lynch" and/or lazy PoE list to you?

10. fontisian

Didn't Von spew Lyric town at some point? I would look for it, but phone.

11. Newcomb

The Von/Lyric stuff was actually kinda more "little column A, little column B" head-tilty IMO.

Morning, fonti.

I think that Eido post talking about his PoE after Lyric goes on a high effort self evaluation binge does ring a little odd just in the sense of him not really... talking about it.

Idk, I'm pretty locked in on "PoE of 3, win the game" though. I'm aware that two of them are going to be villagers, and there are a /lot/ of villagers out there. I could see it.

FWIW I'd probably go like, Citrus/Eido/Fluff at this point, maybe.

12. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Alrighty so since Newcomb isn't really interested in talking to me,

I'm the neighborizer who apparently wasted his charge on Newcomb last Night.
    --- Post automerged ---
    My greatest hope is Newcomb is scum that's arrogant and lazy enough to think he can wave me off stage without any consequences later. If he's town I never ever what to neighborize him again

13. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Why neighborize Newcomb?

14. Newcomb

Sorry dude. Nothing personal, just the game has kind of moved to the cleanup / PoE phase. If this were a bigger game and I had a townread on you I'd have been happy to QT it up with you.

15. Citrus

Citrus First Year

I'm asking myself the same thing.

I was leaning towards fontisian until I saw Vaimes's flip, and then figured it'd be an order of magnitude better to be able to clear Newcomb. I was toying with Eidolonic but I thought he'd be dead
    --- Post automerged ---
    It's day 2. That's lazy as fuck, like at the least convince me you're town and when I'm lynched I can leave that in my final reads

16. Newcomb

It's D2, but we lynched mafia D1 in a 10 person game. 8 alive, 1 wolf left is like, D4-D5 in a normal game.

17. fontisian

I'm like 90% sure scum!Newcomb would be all over that qt, trying to convince Citrus he's town.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Also, Citrus, what the hell? Why didn't you neighborize me? Am I not the best neighbor ever?

18. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Don't worry, I'm hitting myself enough all by myself
    --- Post automerged ---
    I got distracted thinking how unfair it would be to take what we had and freely apply it to anyone

19. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    "Citrus meant to kill Newcomb and neighborize cobalt" is the least nonsensical theory for that kill yet but still pretty silly

20. Lyric

Lyric Squib

High Score:
    Unvote: Citrus

--- Post automerged ---
    I'm not ignoring your question Citrus, I promise! Will get to it when I wake up.

I find his recent posts pretty towny (claim- is neighborizer really ever a scum role??, reasoning for picking Newcomb, his frustration/attempting to communicate, "like at the least convince me you're town and when I'm lynched I can leave that in my final reads", etc etc)

Also kinda shocked neighborizer is a role here, did not expect that and now I'm questioning my whole setup thoughts????

Mostly I think I just feel really bad for Citrus here.
    --- Post automerged ---
    *As in regardless of Citrus' alignment, I feel bad enough that I kinda just don't want to be voting him at this moment