1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Worm Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Gemma, Dec 3, 2018.

1. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Lynch votes

Citrus (1) - Regfan
    Eido (1) - Lyric
    Regfan (1) - Citrus
    fluff (1) - fonti

8 alive, 5 soft, 7 hard.

Deadline timer: https://www.tickcounter.com/countdown/867740/worm-mafia-day-2

Eido is replacing out, and I'm going to add 12 or so hours to the dayphase so that the game isn't in limbo with a replacement around deadline. I'll update the timer when the sub happens.

2. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Currently my desire to lynch fluff is getting higher as the rest of my Poe, you know, does stuff.

3. Lyric

Lyric Squib

High Score:
    Oh.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Uhh I hope Eido didn't leave because of me?

4. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Nah and also whatever reason he has is not game relevant and I won't be considering it in any way and highly encourage doing the same

5. Lyric

Lyric Squib

High Score:
    Haha yeah no I don't actually think it was because of me (or game relevant). Still think his slot is probably scum.

6. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    I think I'm just gonna sleep Idk how much of what I just read I even retained at all.

Think I just want to

If it's right it's because everyone else is townier and fluff looks like the only of my Poe that looks like they had a plan if scum.
    His vaimes vote was pretty critical, but seems like it was needed to salvage his shit votes the rest of the day.
    Only bus when it counts apparently

If wrong I made that up I'm just sheeping fonti
    --- Post automerged ---
    That was supposed to have a
    Vote fluff

7. Lyric

Lyric Squib

High Score:
    0.o I feel like my biggest in-game pusher/scumread/question mark person left now I feel strangely empty.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Also sorry if I'm coming off aggressive or salty or otherwise too emotional in my posts, it's just all in game stuff. <3

8. Citrus

Citrus First Year

I mean this is just blatant mischaracterization /again/.

Pretty much all the most vocal players came into today with barrels pointed at me. Like all of you, Eidolonic, and Newcomb all decided that not only was I locked into your PoE but I'm pretty sure I was deemed "the first who should go" for all 3 of you. Except of the bunch of you, you're the only one that's twisting the public impression of me and mischaracterizing me to achieve it.

Frankly I'm baffled that everyone has just decided to sit on the sidelines on this and not even comment whatsoever (or in @tom 's case, mention that he thinks it's beneficial that it does but not comment basically at all on the actual conversation still?)
    --- Post automerged ---
    I'm going to have to be V/LA tomorrow. Wasn't relevant as it was at Night before but if day is being extended I'm going to end up missing it

9. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Ehh.

Agree that Citrus's role doesn't do anything for me, alignment-wise. In a low-complexity game AND low-numbers game, host is pretty handicapped as to what they can reasonably put in, and Neighborizer's nice and safe from a balance perspective. The fact that it has a conditional on it - dunno if Citrus mentioned it, but the chat only lasts this phase + the coming nightphase - makes me think that we're definitely living in an ultra low power world.

So, yeah. Goon/Neighborzer, town has like 1-2 weak PRs, sure. Goon/Goon, town has Citrus's role + maaaybe something weak? Eh. Goon/X, town has Citrus's role + medium role, where X is rolecop or something, sure.

I kind of perversely feel like Fluff is more likely to flip town with his play this phase but want to lynch him more, too. He slaps a deciding vote on a partner, shoots Cobalt of all people, then just flatlines the next day? That's... idk that seems so bizarre. The first two things scream "I have a plan," the third one screams "I have no plan and psudeo concede the game."

Citrus neighborzing me as a wolf I'm not sure makes a ton of sense, though. Feel like he might want to just go for fonti again and try to recapture the magic. Though with how Vaimes spewed her clear maybe he thought she'd read that play and think "how did he know I'd still be alive?" Mrgle. Eido's not around so I have to take over Mrgle duties.

Killing Lyric here feels like it would be squishing a bunny. The effort is great. The WIM is definitely there. I just, like... read those walls and go "yeah good that's villagery but holy shit are you self-aware of how people are reading you." Which, yeah, probably just newish villager hyper aware type stuff? But it /feels/ wolfy.

Vote: Citrus I guess.

I think I still kill Citrus, Eidoslot, and Lyric here. I'd feel like absolute shit if fluff was the last one but w/e.

10. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Lol I would have killed you if I were scum.

Vote Eido

11. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Yeah I guess I could go read his stuff and your stuff again but I still don't particularly want to lynch either of you really.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I did think there was a nonzero chance of me dying last night. I even thought about what that might mean.

Then what actually happened was far more confusing

12. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Cuthalion replaces Eidolonic. I'll make a votal with updated deadline in a bit, am at work.

13. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

hi

[​IMG]

14. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

hey Cuth!

15. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Hey Cuth!

Don't think Eido shared the same read/position that Newcomb and myself did, and don't even think Newcombs confidence level is/was what mine's at. Sure, most people had you in their PoE and some even willing to vote you first, but reading/seeing that as town, the natural reaction isn't "Lets act like I'm already going to be lynched today and talk about my scum read as if they get lynched D3".

16. Citrus

Citrus First Year

It is when you're me and tend to get mislynched pretty easily

17. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Got some quick games/links that come to mind re; you being ML'ed then?

And if you have a little bit of time, some hipfiring re; two lines about your read on every player in the game would be nice.

18. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

19. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

This was the only post that stuck out to me specifically in reread, and I don't think it's as meaningful as I felt it might be when I saw it given fluff's nature.

Moving on, I'm less skeptical about tom than Voxx was, and I've liked the way he's interacted with people/looking at that one Lyric conversation d1 in particular; the Vaimes push and lynch is just the cream cheese frosting on that carrot cake.

To borrow a beat from... whichever of them used a similar read, I do think Reg/Newc would both probably tend to be a little more flashy as wolves here? Both seem straightforward, and... moving in very sensible directions; never doing things that catch me off guard. Am pretty comfortable with just calling both of them villagers straight up here.

Fonti... sponging Voxx and tom's reads here because I'm not as confident, but I think there's a low probability of a wolf here, because I don't think the way this game has gone could cohesively match up with the mindset in her posts if she's w.

I've liked Lyric, I do have vague concerns about how... directly engaged she is, but think the bafflement at why she'd make those NKs/interactions with tom/the sincerity of her pushes have been a pretty good look.

Leaves us with fluff and Citrus. I... haven't really found Citrus' posts super readable in terms of... matching my expected content/tone given thread state? Not explicitly unvillagery, just slightly out of touch. The claim is interesting, I do think as a wolf neighborizing Newc makes sense given the being upset about Newc not talking; Citrus' narrative seems to be that he wanted to figure out Newc's alignment, and I think that makes less sense than just like targetting a consensus villager so that you have someone to verify your claim and maybe talk villagery thoughts with?

And then fluffy just has been Not Great in terms of having villagery thoughts/gelling with the thread/where he's gone but I don't really think that's necessarily the best way to get a direct read there and I have little experience with him. Basically a coinflip independent of Citrus.

20. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Oh hi cuth.