1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

World of Warcraft

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Riley, Nov 28, 2010.

1. Lungs

Lungs KT Loser ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Fetid prog tonight!

I'm excited and worried kinda. I can blast roughly as hard as I sim but I tunnel super hard and I'm afraid I might spread the debuff to everyone haha.

2. Ashan

Ashan Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

To be honest, Fetid doesn't require everyone to hit even 80% of sim values (everyone should be 375+ at this point?). As long as everyone doesn't die, he'll go down.

In other news, currently on Mythrax prog. 31% best pull so far. Hoping to down him tonight!

3. Hawkin

Hawkin Chief Warlock

Just got G'huun (M) down yesterday after 197 attempts. The nerf really hit it hard, but damn it felt satisfying to finally get it.

4. Lungs

High Score:
    Gearing a sub rogue for Zul right now and there's a big player skill drought for ppl trying to do 7-9 keys and heroic uldir. Other than the fact that it has a better weapon (from mythic mother) than my lock, gearing it makes me want to die, not the least of which includes the fact that I blast m+ dungeons about 80% as hard as my lock which is 25 ilevels over it. It's just so fucking strong it makes me feel defensive for my main haha.

edit: fetid is... kinda lol after the nerfs. we haven't actually downed it yet (but mostly due to the way the raid was feeling probably), got it to the third add set on our 6th or 7th pull but someone died so it ate one of the small adds.

relatively certain I'm blasting on the adds, but my dmg on the boss isn't that great. I feel like as an affliction lock i should be way up on the meter but I'm like 5th or 6th boss dmg (though highest add dmg with our frost dk and other lock competing on the pulls).

5. Lungs

High Score:
    Fetid down.

Time to dance... SHADOW DANCE.

6. Trooper

Trooper Death Eater

So I couldn't play for the last 2 weeks because of work and personal commitments...
    And I'm stuck at iLvl 368 on my main and 345 on my alt tank. I got a boot at 355 and a ring at 350.
    You guys have any suggestions on getting those up to 370 in this week?
    Apart from spamming Mythic+ dungeons that is...I'm already doing those.
    I want to be at least 370 before 8.1 releases.
    Also, what iLvl item do we get for that Timewalking dungeon quest? The weekly one?

7. Agayek

Agayek Dimensional Trunk DLP Supporter

Weekly reward is normal Uldir loot, if memory serves, so 355.

8. Hawkin

Hawkin Chief Warlock

There's really no secret there. Like you've said doing M+ will certainly help. If you're able to make the group yourself, make sure to have 1-2 geared player who share the same armor class as you for loot sharing purposes. You can also try to go for PvP weekly reward, but you'll need a high score before that reaches 370 (1600+ I believe). Just get Uldir done: it's easy enough now to get a group and clear normal and heroic up to G'huun.

9. Lungs

High Score:
    People won't stop killing my crawgs this is the WORST.

10. Trooper

Trooper Death Eater

Lol just discovered the actual raid release date for Dazar'alor is January 22 and not Dec 11.
    And I just crossed 371 too.
    Eh. Guess I'll try mythic Uldir then.

11. Lungs

High Score:
    It's actually so much fun. Never really have ever had an mmo experience like mythic raiding.

12. Anarchy

Anarchy Half-Blood Prince DLP Supporter

I finally sucked it up and cancelled my wow sub. I realized that I hadn't even loaded my shaman in a month, and if all I'm doing is spending two hours a week running old content, there's really no point in being a sub. This is the earliest into an expansion that I've ever stopped. At least in WoD I lasted long enough to raid the second tier. But it's readily apparent to me that this is the worst expansion so far, and there's no salvation in sight. 8.1 is going to do nothing to help the game out. Fixing problems that shouldn't have existed in the first place does nothing to alleviate the underlying and fundamental problems the game has, and will continue to have. It's kind of sad, really.

13. Lungs

High Score:
    idk maybe cuz it's my first expansion ever but i feel like there's ton to do

14. Anarchy

Anarchy Half-Blood Prince DLP Supporter

Yes, I would definitely say it's because its your first expansion.

15. Trooper

Trooper Death Eater

Grong... Bro. No... Don't do dis....
    ;-;

16. Lungs

High Score:
    Zul been down for a little while now but we’re not progging Mythrax over the holidays. Unless some miracle happens it seems like CE is out of reach.

That being said, I’ve geared a rogue for m+ and that’s a significant quantity of fun. It seems that keystone master is certainly doable. For both characters I have to work on my overall consistency in dungeons - sometimes I’ll have great ones and sometimes I won’t.

17. Trooper

Trooper Death Eater

Just some quick thoughts on recent changes (8.1) that I've realized...
    (This would be incredibly relevant for people thinking of starting now. And there seems to be a ton of those where people are saying 8.1 is the actual BfA rather than 8.0)

It seems to me that while in Legion, easy gold was thrown at you and gear was relatively hard to come by...
    Its the opposite in BfA. I mean, I've never felt gearing a toon has been as easy as it is now. I have a Horde Tank at iLvl 375, which has done 1 M+2 dungeon, only LFR Uldir twice and that's it. It only becomes tough above 380 right now. Warfronts give you one 370 and one 385 every week. Assaults are a roughly ~15ilvls below, that is to say one 365ilvl piece every 12 hours. Once you get a toon to 330-340...its ezpz after that to gear it.
    What this means is that getting into PUGs is a little easier now.
    On the other hand every other person seems to be a wannabe goblin, gold farming, 2x4 farming, you name it everyone is doing it. Crafted 340 gear is selling at 1k in the AH, which is like cost of mats+40 gold, lol.
    This has changed little after getting about 4-5k + 500 War resources for every paragon chest.

I remember, even at the end of legion where I was struggling to get my alt above 940 (I think), even with doing +8 dungeons. But I was farming 10k gold every day with the same alt. XD

Maybe this is deliberate and they'll balance it out somehow in the future, I dunno. But the contrast is stark.

18. Hawkin

Hawkin Chief Warlock

Gold economy is still out of whack because of the massive influx of gold from Legion alt-farming mission table. I don't know how that will settle, but at the moment I'm lucky enough to have found a guild that pays for literally everything I need to raid which means my passive gold income is plenty enough for the occasional flasks and food for M+.

Gearing has been easier, especially since they released the new Warfront as its reward are tuned for 8.1 raid tier which hasn't been released yet. The hardest part is still 300-340 imo unless you get lucky with a pug willing to carry your ass in a M0 or something. I do feel like there is more purpose to WQs at the moment; it might just be because I need to farm AP for my neck piece for the azerite unlock of the new raid, but even the warfront WQs brings a bit more to the table with medals. I've also been enjoying the assault a lot, especially with the new weekly pvp quest: if you're a fan of world pvp, people are just constantly fighting through those and it's really felt great to see some outdoor action instead of everyone just waving at each other to wait for a rare spawn.

It's also the perfect time to jump into M+ and get that gear and score going for next season. Everyone is overgearing the dungeons until about 10-12. You can pretty much just find group able to 1-chest the 10+ easily.

19. Trooper

Trooper Death Eater

No quest chain for this raid either?
    Or am I the only one bugging out?

20. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Not that I'm subbed atm, but i wouldn't even do lfr of this raid if I were because there's no way you're making me hurt Lady Jaina.