1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Gotham

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Pasta Sentient, May 6, 2014.

1. Arthellion

Arthellion Lord of the Banned ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Gotham is set for its fifth and final season.

Gotta say, it’s been a wild ride, but I’ve really enjoyed it. Not a perfect show, but once they truly embraced the crazy it has been an amazing show.

I’m psyched for season 5.

David Mazouz is the best live action Bruce Wayne and it’s not even close.

He’d need to bulk up a good bit if they ever come back and try a Batman show, but would love for that to happen.

2. Joe's Nemesis

Joe's Nemesis High Score: 2,058 ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Huh. I gave up on this show probably . . . third season. It seemed to be getting too dark simply for the sake of pushing boundaries and getting dark.

3. Arthellion

High Score:
    Honestly, I did too. I stopped watching about half way through the third season. Thought it seemed kinda aimless. Recently went back to it (started where I left off) and really enjoyed it.

4. Joe's Nemesis

Joe's Nemesis High Score: 2,058 ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Good to know. I might have to talk the wife into picking it back up and perhaps, binging on it.

5. Arthellion

High Score:
    Thinking about it

Gotham works much better as a binge watch than a weekly series. It keeps you hooked and prevents you from thinking too deeply about what annoys you.

Barbara never gets any better. Fair warning

6. Agent

Agent High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Gonna dredge this old thread up now that the show is over.

The show is actually really good once you stop thinking of it as a Batman show and more as a show that's a decent multi arc crime procedural.

I will say that some of the complaints about the show getting darker for the sake of being dark is correct. But I think that's cause the writers realised they can't have Gordon solve every problem else there won't be anything for Batman to save.

Unfortunately, while the majority of Season 5 was great to watch, the finale was a disappoint.

Despite knowing they only had a limited number of episodes, the writers still somehow thought they could do a ten year flash forward and do an adequate story in the span of 40 minutes is the height of arrogance.

First of all, David isn't in the episode at all. At least, he doesn't show his face. That just feels like a slap of disrespect to an actor who spent the last half decade working on this show. Second, both Cobblepot and Penguin have been in Prison for the last 10 years. It just seems like a flash forward is pointless when their characters didn't have any development in those 10 years. Also, if anyone is wondering, they gave Batman the Smallvilel treatment and we see maybe a couple seconds of footage of him total.

7. Arthellion

High Score:
    Yeah I was heavily disappointed by the finale. Beating the joker with two baterang throws was so lame.