1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Upcoming Movies in 2019

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by ScottPress, Sep 29, 2018.

1. BeastBoy

BeastBoy Seventh Year

I mean I hope this doesn't devolve into a petty fight about a sexy Sonic poster.

2. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Agrabah is in the middle of the fucking desert, Jasmine will get way too hot in those clothes! :3[​IMG]

Aladdin looks pretty perfectly cast too.

Feel sorry for Will Smith. No matter what he's on a hiding to nothing.

3. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    There was no way they were going to put Jasmine in a bellydancer bedlah AGAIN and have to go through the same "western stereotype" controversy. They got sooooo much shit for it the first time around, on both the accuracy and sexualization fronts.

Assuming Agrabah is the same imagined setting as the cartoon (a desert somewhere east of Jordan and west of India circa 700 to 1200), the clothes are much more historically accurate this time around. Heat was a nonfactor when the most pressing issue was protecting your skin from sunburn.

4. Arthellion

Arthellion Lord of the Banned ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:

MIB 4 Trailer

Doesn't look terrible i suppose

5. Nevermind

Nevermind Headmaster

High Score:
    I didn’t know this existed until five minutes ago, but now I find myself interested more than I’d care to admit. The Thompson/Hemsworth interactions worked quite well in Ragnarok, so these two should at least have some chemistry.

(Also, was that an Avengers reference at the end?)

Edit: Quite happy as well to see Emma Thompson reprising her role from MIB 3.

6. Arthellion

Arthellion Lord of the Banned ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    MIB is a part of the Marvel Universe confirmed. Thor took some Acid and the whole movie is just his hallucination.

7. Nevermind

Nevermind Headmaster

High Score:
    Glad he’s at least keeping himself occupied after the Snap. What’s a little acid for the ruler of one half of Asgard, after all? Also, Thor/Valkyrie confirmed.

8. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Prestigious Tomato ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Any word on how it fits in with the rest of the movies? What are the odds of a cameo from J or K?

9. Gengar

High Score:
    The Fresh Prince is too busy watching videos of Mark-ass Brownlee and Fortnite.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I think you took me way too seriously, lol...

No one should ever take me seriously.

10. point09micron

point09micron Groundskeeper

Looking forward to that MIB 4 based on the first trailer. Also looking forward to Downton Abbey The Movie or whatever they're gonna call it.

As my friend said of the Sonic thing when I sent him the pic: it will be the nail in the coffin of our childhood memories.

11. Gengar

High Score:
    As someone who adores the HTTYD franchise, 3 was a disappointment. Light spoilers:

Dragons get captured. Berkiens rescue them. Again.

They did tease a plot line about Hiccup being nothing without his dragon. I thought they might do some cool shit with Hiccup going beast mode and doing something about the problem on his own, but I shit you not, it all just culminates in a scene with Hiccup falling to his death and needing to be rescued by a Dragon. Again.

The whole movie is basically the second one meets the episode of pokemon where Ash releases Pikachu. Blegh.

5/10.

12. point09micron

point09micron Groundskeeper

Caught a trailer for Shazam! at the theater recently (hadn't looked into it before now because why are they even making a movie about that nonsense?). It looks about as dumb as I would have expected. I did get a bit of enjoyment when I saw the release date and realized that both Captain Marvel movies will be in theaters at the same time. And both will suck. Might have to double feature that trainwreck lol.

13. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    God dammit. :(

14. Eilyfe

Eilyfe Supreme Mugwump

Watched the new Robin Hood today because I got a chance to catch an English version at my theatre, which isn't a given. There were some iffy and questionable things that broke immersion a bit, but in general I liked it for what it was. An action-packed movie with great special effects that decently entertained me without making me think "I want it to end" even once.

Of course, as seems to be the norm with me, I then look it up online and find out the rest of the world hates it. Oh well, I consider it money well spent.

If any of you want to go and see it, leave your concept of history at the door though. The movie really plays quite fast and loose with it.

15. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    @Eilyfe I haven't seen it, but screengrabs of costumes look ridiculous, especially the bad guys.

16. Eilyfe

Eilyfe Supreme Mugwump

@ScottPress That's partly what I meant with historical inaccuracy. Their clothes in general are much more modern than you'd expect. There was only one scene where it really bothered me though. If that's a no go for people, fair enough. What helped me was the narrator's voice at the start outright stating "forget everything you know about history."

Which I did. It's not an intricate movie by any stretch of the imagination, but I found it decent enough. The costume of Black Mata in Aquaman was much more egregious.

17. Snapdragon

Snapdragon Banned

The John Wick 3 trailer is out and I can't wait. I hope the trailer music is used in the movie:)

18. pbluekan

pbluekan Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

I’m sure it will be an excellent action packed movie, but the series kind of lost its luster for me with the ending of JW2.

19. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
  20. Inert

Inert Headmaster