1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Fall 2018 Anime Season

Discussion in 'Books and Anime Discussion' started by Nemrut, Sep 19, 2018.

1. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

I'm enjoying the title song of Bunny Girl Senpai more every time I hear it. That shit is my jam is now.

2. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    I'm enjoying Bunny Girl for the insane chemistry between the lead characters and the competent, proactive protagonist. The social humiliation thing is a very common trope that I was disappointed to see used here, and the show can sometimes be on the nose with its intended message, but the chemistry and the two main leads are just so good that I fucking love the show so much.

I hope it continues in this vein and doesn't do anything stupid.

3. BTT

BTT Viol̀e͜n̛t͝ D̶e͡li͡g҉h̛t҉s̀ ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Meanwhile, surprisingly good fun: the Slime isekai thing. It's not the discount Monogatari that the previous posts have been praising, but it's funny, paced decently well, and looks a lot better than most isekai shows. It's still a rampant power fantasy but it doesn't really focus on the worst parts of that.

4. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    I tried that, watched all the episodes available. There was nothing of note. Nothing interesting. Just a heap of tropes and uninteresting characters.

I don't think I'll be following the rest of it.

5. Miner

Miner Order Member

True to form in being late, I've completed Seishun Buta Yarou.

I really did enjoy the characters. I think that the show's strengths lay in its ability to make us care about the issues of each of the characters, despite how different they were. It's very relatable, whether it's fear of being a social outcast or the frustration of putting in tons of effort and work only to be effortlessly outclassed by someone who's simply more talented than you.

Kaede's diary scene was probably my favorite.

One thing that I did have complaints about is that I kinda wish the show better developed the relationship between Sakuta and any of the girls with Adolescence Syndrome. It felt like once their arc was over they barely got screen time.

This is especially true for Mai, I kind of wish that they gave their relationship more time. I understand that the show is also a commentary on social issues for adolescents, but I just felt cheated.

8/10

6. Sataniel

Sataniel High Inquisitor

High Score:
    AoButa was fairly compressed so they probably cut down some scenes. Since the show was rather popular so someone will probably licence the LNs. And from the descriptions on Amazon it seems that after the arc that the movie will adapt it will stop being "add another girl with a problem" and return more to established characters. That could be seen already with Kaede's situation not having obvious "solution" like previous ones did.