1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Other TV Shows

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Celestin, Jul 24, 2016.

1. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

I find it amusing that DF is now owned by Disney.

2. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    So, some more information. The major casting descriptions have been released.

Looks pretty good to me. A Black Jet Black is an interesting, albeit on-the-nose prospect. My immediate first choice pick for the role would be Chad Coleman. He has the face for the Jet beard, definitely has the required body size, and has done the imposing, but actually mild-mannered guy thing before.

3. Collinsworth

Collinsworth Third Year

High Score:

Bruh.

[​IMG]

4. Longsword

Longsword Banned

They better find a lean, lanky guy for Spike's role, tall enough to be comparable to Jet; they have a lot of scenes standing next to each other, it would look too awkward if there were a large gap. Hard to imagine Spike being of average height.
    Of course, Ein must be a proper Welsh Corgi.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2018
  5. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    I luvs me the Terry, but I can't picture him being a convincing Jet. Perhaps because I've just never seen him do anything that required dramatic acting chops, only comedies and the rare explodey-action flick.

6. Celestin

That actually sounds good though I'm amused that they want Spike to be an Asian considering that he was born on Mars and it doesn't matter for his character to be one. A character that they could have played by a white guy with minimal complains from everybody they decided to keep as he was originally created. At least I'm assuming he was a Japanese (a Martian-Japanese?) in the Anime as most main characters are. Even if he has a non-Japanese name.

7. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Prestigious Tomato ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Harry Dresden is a Disney Prince(ss).

8. Wildfeather

Wildfeather The Nidokaiser ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Molly Carpenter is now a disney faerie princess.

9. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    Faye is the only confirmed asian character I believe. She's supposed to be from mid 90s Singapore. Everybody else was born 2030s onward, and pretty much every city on every planet is a futuristic ethnocultural melting pot at that point.

10. Celestin

That makes Maeve a Disney princess too. Including her in Wreck-It Ralph 2 scene would make this film R-rated for sure.

11. Johnnyseattle

Johnnyseattle Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Fought my way through BSG Season 1, and won't be going on to S2 unless I literally have nothing else to do. It's so ham-handed and melodramatic, and I feel like a good part of its popularity was due to nostalgia, and their propensity to show Grace Park out of her flight suit at just the right moments. Baltar is quite possibly the worst main character I've ever seen in a show that was so popular, and after reading about the finale on wiki after I decided I wasn't watching it, I can't believe that's how they decided it should go.

I've never had a show that my friends/family so universally liked that I just completely didn't.

12. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I’m so happy to hear other people say this... I tried to watch it about 3 different times, never made it to season 2. I just thought it was me lol.

13. Arthellion

Arthellion Lord of the Banned ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Titans finished its first season

Finale was a letdown

After examining it and as season progress...I drop it back Dow to a 3/5.

They had some good episodes. Unfortunately, the best episodes were the guest star ones

Hawk and Dove
    Jason Todd
    Doom Patrol
    Donna Troy

All were great.

The biggest issues...is that DC still can’t get it through their heads what a hero is. They have this boner for grimdark that isn’t even legitimate. It’s jtst sad.

The inability to really use Batman in live action has really hurt them as well.

Batman is tailor made for a great Tv series. Give it to HBO or something.

Gotham has been good and David Mazouz is my favorite Bruce Wayne now even if he needs to bulk up more, but they won’t let him have a series as Batman.

14. Nevermind

Nevermind Headmaster

High Score:
    Both The Good Place & Brooklyn Nine-Nine are coming back tomorrow on NBC. In the case of the former, which has already been renewed for a fourth season, the episodes preceding the break delivered a return to form after a somewhat lackluster period after the exciting start to the season, especially with the outstanding "Janet(s)" episode that ended on yet another cliffhanger.

For the latter, however, season 6 marks a new beginning after its turbulent period of cancellation, fandom and celebrity activism and eventual revival. The marketing preceding the season premiere was much improved compared to the FOX days, who always seemed to put in only the bare minimum of effort. One could even go so far and say that FOX was absolutely outclassed. I dearly hope that expectations can be fulfilled at NBC, we can enjoy another one or two seasons after this one and eventually go out on a high.

15. Arthellion

High Score:
    Syfy has the first episode of the show Deadly Class in their website

Think battle school but for assassins. Based on comic of same name. Benedict Wong serves as the headmaster.

First impression, edgy teenage angst but with killers and assassins. And yet...it was enjoyable. Acting isn’t bad and I think this could grow into a good show. Worth giving a shot.

Best line of it:

“I’m going to kill Ronald Reagan.”

16. Arthellion

High Score:
    The Protector on Netflix is actually pretty good. 4/5.

Also Young Justice continues to get better and better. Vandal Savage is a beast.

17. BTT

BTT Viol̀e͜n̛t͝ D̶e͡li͡g҉h̛t҉s̀ ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I've been watching American Vandal. You might know of the recent "true crime" trend of podcasts and whatnot, which are basically documentaries about crimes that happened, who the perpetrators were, the victims. Examples are Serial (podcast), My Favorite Murder (also), Making a Murderer (TV show) and so on.

This follows in that trend, except that it's set in a high school and the crime is spraypainting 27 dicks onto the cars of the teachers. It's a pretty good parody, IMO, though I'm not all the way through S1 yet.

EDIT: having just watched through S1, it transitions into something more serious. It's still kind of humourous, but mostly because of the premise, and the mystery gets treated more seriously.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2019
  18. KGB

KGB Headmaster

I watched a couple of episodes of Manifest. Its boring uninspired crap.

The thing that fascinates me is that a show about people disappearing without any explanation and than reappearing with precognitive abilities manages to be that. How is it that there are so many of these shows? And how is it that enough people watch them, even though they are all filled with generic boilerplate drama. I mean if there is a show about mysterious disappearance and reappearance I want that event to be the centrepiece of the plot, instead of all the interpersonal crap that any daytime soap could offer.

19. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    The writing is awful and predictable.

I think that the main character (Dad guy) is honestly a great actor. I think he'll move on from this and get better roles. I'm not exactly someone who focuses on stuff like that, though, so I may be off the mark, but he always seems to be better than everyone else in the show.

20. Zombie

Zombie Black Philip Moderator DLP Supporter

I liked this more than I thought I would. Mostly because it is a parody. There are some things that it could have done better, but in a situation where its like a crack-ish situation is humorous to me, in a way things like this normally isn't. S2 was pretty interesting as well. I think it got chopped so no season 3.