1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Upcoming Movies in 2019

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by ScottPress, Sep 29, 2018.

1. Agayek

Agayek Dimensional Trunk DLP Supporter

Not gonna lie, I don't get it. Maybe it's cuz I never saw the first one and never cared much for all the hype, but I have no idea what's going on in that trailer or what the movie is supposed to be about.

Edit:
    Also, what's with the ultra-wide? Is that like the new thing now?

2. Arthellion

Arthellion Lord of the Banned ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Well...

A. You need to see the first one.

B. A good trailer doesn't reveal the plot. So yeah.

3. Agayek

I mean, I know the plot of the first movie. It's not super complex, and the movie was fucking everywhere. Girl gets magical powers, accidentally blasts sister who is healed but forgets about the magic, parents drown and sisters are estranged for fear of magic hurting the sister, magical girl has an accident and everyone finds out about powers so she panics and runs away to yodel about letting it go, sister goes to follow and has tagalongs of "Generic prince charming who's secretly a smarmy bastard" and "generic good guy and potential future love interest", they find the magical girl, have big emotional moments, generic prince charming dude betrays them, gets beaten via magical girl overcoming her hangups regarding her powers, everyone lives happily ever after.

It's just... I recognize the main characters' faces, and that's about it. What about this trailer is at all interesting? It's the magical girl running into the ocean and then some dude riding a reindeer. I can't tell anything about the movie from the trailer, beyond that they're apparently going for a more grim and super cereal tone than is normal for Disney movies.

Is this just hype for "Frozen: Another One" and the response would be the same if it was just 60 seconds of a static title card?

4. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Yawn emoji

I could do what you just did with every movie in existence...

5. Agayek

Probably; I'm not saying Frozen's bad or anything though, to be clear. I'm saying "I don't see anything in the trailer for Frozen 2 that's particularly hypeworthy" and I'm mostly just trying to figure out if there's anything more to people getting hype about it beyond "It's more Frozen!".

Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
  6. BeastBoy

BeastBoy Seventh Year

The snowman guy is pretty annoying, though

7. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    IN SUMMEEEEEER

8. BeastBoy

BeastBoy Seventh Year

Anna shoulda let the bitch melt :p

9. Invictus

Invictus Master of Death

All the hype is because Elsa is JAYSUS now. Anyway, in truth is because despite some action heavy scenes, Frozen was mostly character and character drama focused, with some parody elements. The trailler points out to a very action and adventure focused sequel, with heavy badass momements by all the main cast - which is very different from the original, where main cast was almost always reaction when going into action. Could be really interesting, going from Cinderella/Princess and the Frog-like story to something like Mulan or Moana.

10. Arthellion

Arthellion Lord of the Banned ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    My main concern with Frozen 2 is that it might make Rep neglect his Sasuke quest to write another Elsa/Hiccup fic.

11. Heleor

Heleor EsperJones DLP Supporter

My main concern is that Sora won't be in this one.

12. Invictus

Invictus Master of Death

I'm still deeply sad how bland and generic they made Astrid. She was so unique. But no Viking girls for us, among a cast of super quirky Vikings.

13. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    The Frozen 2 trailer was just Elsa running at an ocean. I mean sure, be hyped that a sequel is coming but as a trailer it was horrible.
    --- Post automerged ---
    My fic was written in spite of Frozen, not because of it. I hated like 80% of that film.

14. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Just feeling sad at these poor, broken souls who saw Elsa battling the gorgeously animated ocean and didn't feel the sheer coolness of that scene. =P

Do we know what is going to happen plotwise? Not really, but not really the intent of a teaser but as long as it is a fun adventure, I'm on board.

Frozen 1 was rather neat, all things considered, not one of the best movies of all time or anything but I enjoyed it all three times I saw it over the years and the characters did resonate with a lot of people. Given its popularity, I was reasonably certain Frozen 2 wouldn't be your typical shitty Disney sequel but man, this teaser was just so damn impressive, am really looking forward to what is promising to be a spectacle.

Of course, it could still be bad or disappointing but as of now, rather positive. Also looking forward to more Frozen fanfics now that its fandom got this adrenalin injection.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
  15. Knyght

Knyght Alchemist

Heh.

16. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Good animation is one thing, and if that's all you're looking for in a sequel then yes, the teaser can guarantee that.

17. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Who hasn't imagined themselves in this situation at least once?

Yesterday

18. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

Not as a musician. :)

I just want this film to surprise me and not end with him getting back to his old life. Let him have both, this undeserved fame and the girl, instead of going with the with predictable ending of choosing just one.

19. Andrela

Andrela Plot Bunny DLP Supporter

You wake up tomorrow to a world where Harry Potter was never written.

20. Majube

Majube Order Member DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I think LOTR is a bit more fitting, I'll try and catch that movie since it looks interesting.

Also, I really hope Frozen 2 has a great villain in it and that Elsa absolutely doesnt get a love interest at all.