1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Upcoming Movies in 2019

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by ScottPress, Sep 29, 2018.

1. Arthellion

Arthellion Lord of the Banned ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Will smith as genie I was seriously concerned, but that was a solid trailer. Most of my fears are allayed.

Jafar could be a lot more intimidating though.

Joe
  2. Joe

Joe The Reminiscent Exile ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter ⭐⭐⭐

High Score:
    I'm hoping they're saving an intimdating Jafar for the actual film. So all of us bastards that dismiss it at trailer (or at single image of genie) then want to see it based on the fact that, if you go see it, Jafar is an actual king-high bastard.

I'm hoping that's what they've done. Either way, based on the trailer, I will go pay my $18 Australian dollars for the show in theatre.

3. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I don't watch trailers anymore, but the pictures of Aladdin and Jasmine look really, really good. Well cast imo (<3 Jasmine). Dunno how well Pink Ranger will do as an actress, but I'll still probably watch?

4. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    So, unlikely to see this in the cinema but definitely gonna check this out on netflix once it comes there which is something I haven't considered for the other disney live action remakes so far. Parkour Aladdin was fun and I actually felt something when they (Jasmin) starting singing A Whole New World. Like damn, that sounded really good, probably gonna listen to that on repeat for a while once it is out. She can really sing.

The guy playing Aladdin seems a bit wooden/flat though, like he was the weakest part by far of the trailer. When he wasn't talking but parkouring, that's neat, but yeah, maybe that was just without being used to him but he didn't come across great. Maybe it was also having to act alongside Will Smith who is still one of the most charming and charismatic screen presences active today.

Curious about Iago, whether it will be his old voice and how he will be used in general. Really hoping he won't just be downgraded to a regular parrot but keeps being an actual character, loved him in the old movie and the series.

Also, speaking of game movies, the best one came out ages ago.

But yeah, super psyched for the Pokemon movie. Definitely going to catch that one in theaters.

5. Arthellion

High Score:
    Thinking on it, Aladdin actually makes me think more of a Bollywood film. Just the vibe I get from it. Not in a bad way, but it definitely feels less white which I think is pretty cool.

6. Arthellion

High Score:
    Took some time to rewatch Aladdin.

Jafar’s actor Has some big shoes to fill

7. Spanks

Spanks Chief Warlock

This shit looks amazing. It’s basically Superman if the child that came from the stars also turned out to be a violent sociopath.

8. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Someone let me know if this turns out to be anything other than another 'evil child' The Omen clone horror movie. I enjoy BadGuy!Superman tropes.

9. Tapi

Tapi Third Year

John Wick 3 latest trailer looks awesome

10. James

James Unspeakable

Eh, I liked the previous one more.

Also, what the fuck does “less than even” even mean?

11. Kevizoid

Kevizoid Seventh Year

That the favor she is providing goes far behind the favor she owed to the point where he owes her.

12. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Prestigious Tomato ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Does anyone else think that Winston might be making a play for a seat at the High Table?

13. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    That Matrix reference, me like

14. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

But isn't it what "more than even" would mean? Saying "less than even" would suggest that she still owns him if not for the way she says it.

In my opinion he doesn't want a seat, but rather plans to let John completely destroy the High Table to have the Continental Hotel as the only rule maker of their world.

15. Andrela

Andrela Plot Bunny DLP Supporter

John Wick 3 spoilers/leaks for those who want to know them.

If they're true (and there's a big chance they are), this is literally the entire plot of the movie:

John Wick (Keanu Reeves) is wounded while leaving the Continental after being excommunicado. He seeks treatment at an underground clinic and then fights his way through New York City to reach a ballet company belonging to the Russian mafia, where he purchases safe passage to Casablanca from his mentor, The Director (Angelica Houston), a member of the High Table. There, John approaches his old friend Sofia (Halle Berry), the manager of the local Continental, to help him locate the High Elder, chairman of the High Table, so John can persuade him to call off the hit. John is pursued by another member of the High Table, the Adjudicator (Asia Kate Dillon), and her enforcer Zero (Mark Dacascos).

Sofia arranges a meeting between John and Berrada (Jerome Flynn), who reveals that in order to find the High Elder, John must go into the desert and die. Berrada attempts to doublecross John and Sofia upon learning John has been excommunicado, but they kill him and his men and escape. Sofia then drives John to the desert, where he walks until he passes out from exhaustion. The nomadic High Elder (Saiid Taghmaoui) rescues John and informs him he can lift his hit by killing Winston (Ian McShane) for challenging the High Table. Meanwhile, Winston, The Director and the Bowery King (Laurence Fishburne) are punished by the Adjudicator for assisting John in the past.

Rather than killing Winston, John proposes they join forces to end the High Table once and for all. John, Winston and Charon (Lance Reddick) then battle an army of assassins led by Zero who raid the Continental. John manages to kill Zero and his men and then confronts the Adjudicator, but is betrayed and shot by Winston, who trades John’s life for entrance into the High Table. John is rescued by the Bowery King, who tends to his wounds and announces that John’s stand against the High Table has inspired others to fight. John then prepares to lead his own army against Winston and the High Table.

16. Shinysavage

Shinysavage Madman With A Box ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Went to see Us earlier, and it's really good. An absolutely outstanding pair of performances from Lupita Nyong'o at the heart of it, and it's deeply creepy throughout. Interesting plot, too, although subject to some fridge logic by the end, I think, and I called one of the twists pretty early.

17. Red

Red High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Saw Us earlier today. Great movie that I was unsure how much I liked when I left the theater, but each passing minute has made me like it more and more as I've thought about it.

18. Shinysavage

Shinysavage Madman With A Box ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    The more I've thought about it, the more I've questioned the logic, but equally, I was still awake at 3am, telling myself not to be ridiculous and that there was no-one else in the house, so a few logic fails probably don't really matter...

19. Red Aviary

Red Aviary Hogdorinclawpuff ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Us makes no sense and neither did Get Out. Jordan Peele is vastly overrated.

20. Arthellion

High Score:
    Racist.

/s.