1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Cyberpunk 2077

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by MrINBN, Feb 2, 2013.

1. Odran

Odran Fourth Champion

Hopefully, we get more gameplay and a confirmed release date for the game.

2. Krieger

Krieger Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

I'm getting old. Can't believe we are closing in on another e3 already.

3. deyas

deyas Groundskeeper

An E3 where Sony won't even be attending, no less. Another 10 years, shit might not even exist anymore. /derail

It is taking an increasing amount of effort to keep my hype in check for this game. I've been burned before, but not yet by CDPR.

4. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    E3 hasn't been an event for gamers in a long time. Now it's just a gaming press con. Which is fine, because indie game people (basically YouTubers) go and report what they see, but I frankly find little value in the showcases, trailers and interviews, because trailers and gameplay are never actually "in-game footage" and interviews will hype stuff up because you'd be silly to downplay your upcoming game.

5. Krieger

Krieger Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

I don't watch e3 live, and don't care for e3 as far as game announcement goes. When I think of e3 I only care about one thing, even if I won't play the majority of the games that are showcased at least I will get some nice trailers to watch.

E3 = Trailers to watch.

6. Arthellion

Arthellion Lord of the Banned ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
  7. deyas

deyas Groundskeeper

Also, not entirely on the topic of Cyperpunk, but apparently CDPR plans to release 2 major games before 2021. Be interested in seeing if they announce the other one.

8. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    As disappointed as I've been with CDPR since the announcement that Cyberpunk would largely be a first person shooter with minimal third person features (before you jump down my throat, I am in no way saying fps will make for a bad game, just that it is not my favorite jam), this gives me hope that they've had the core Witcher gameplay devs working on another tp-action rpg this entire time.

Please please please be a 'Ciri explores the multiverse' game.

9. deyas

deyas Groundskeeper

I dunno, while I'll admit that my personal preferences do also tend to trend towards 3rd person, there have been many, many statements from devs indicating, and I quote, that quests will be Cyberpunk will be 2-3 times more complicated than they were in the Witcher 3. Which, given the apparent size of the game, almost seems to be too good to be true. If it were any other developer, with any other level of my trust than phenomenal, I'd say it was nothing more than marketing PR. But maybe, just maybe, it's true.

Also, I pretty well doubt that we'll ever see a Ciri-centric game. In fact, as much as I love the Witcher 3, I'd really, really like to see CDPR come up with some fully original stuff. Which isn't to say I never want to see another Witcher game, but yeah.

10. Arthellion

Arthellion Lord of the Banned ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    In a perfect world, CDPR would create an open world Star Wars RPG.

11. deyas

deyas Groundskeeper

If I could thumb that up more than once, I would. Although, I'd just as soon take another attempt by Obsidian, tbh.

12. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    They have already confirmed more Witcher derived games are on the nearish horizon, just definitely not focused on Geralt. That story is done and they needed a break from his world of swords and sorc, but I really can't see them not returning to their cash cow within a few years, even if only tangentially. I can't think of a better way to do this than with a world-hopper like Ciri (although not necessarily needing to be Ciri). In the same game, we could end up visiting 2077, Geralt's world, Arthurian England, all of which are canon world-hopper targets. Basically CDPR does Kingdom Hearts, but does it 100000x better.

Excuse me while I go play KH3.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2019
  13. deyas

deyas Groundskeeper

I'm not saying it wouldn't be interesting, I just don't ever see it happening. Mostly, because the CEO(?) has stated outright that he really doesn't like the fact that Ciri was mentioned as being in the Cyberpunk universe to begin with. Now, maybe that'll change, but I would be surprised.

14. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    Nah, not the CEO. It was just the game director for Cyberpunk nixing the possibility for a Ciri cameo. I believe it was the CEO though who was in that very same interview amused by the prospect.

15. deyas

deyas Groundskeeper

I don't remember him nixing it altogether. Just saying that he really didn't like it, lol. But I could be miss-remembering.

16. Jibril

Jibril Headmaster

Not liking it and not happening are two different thing. Plus, even if she would not be in the game at launch they could add her later via either a patch - it's how they added the unfinished Chinese translation of some final quests in Witcher 3 - or as an expansion. Or even as a timed event that only appears in game on specific dates.

As for their new IP - I would love some exploration horror done by CDPRED.

17. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I don't want them making a SW game, but I'd definitely be down for an original sci fi epic from them.

Hopefully they can time it to Starfield's release so they can pull BGS's pants down again rofl.

18. Nazgoose

Nazgoose The Honky-tonk ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter DLP Gold Supporter

High Score:
    E3 gave a new trailer:

So Keanu Reeves is gonna be in it. I was a little on the fence just because I don't play that many games anymore, but god damn this might tip me over the edge lol

19. deyas

deyas Groundskeeper

Also, official release date: April 16, 2020.

20. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Usual media douches: Straight white dude protag in a cyberpunk game? CDPR Just doesn't get it. Trash developer. Learn 2 Inclusive.

CDPR:

Attached Files: