1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WitchHunt 9

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Miner, Mar 29, 2019.

1. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

I’m sheeping this.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I snorted at the hello fellow teenagers thing
    --- Post automerged ---
    Wow, hard disagree.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Por que why Maria?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Vaimes ~85% of the time doesn’t fake these things especially when it’s so casual and he isn’t completely tilted / faking being tilted.
    --- Post automerged ---
    This is gud meta. Will keep in mind.

So far Dels has seemed super natural and flowy so that’s good points I guess?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Fluff is being very Fluff so far.

Halp.

2. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Hmm. Wanted to get a read off manasi entrance but I didn't other than none of the people talking about it look like her partners?
    I guess dels could be really blatant powerwolfing but it doesnt really look like it. Fonti def no. Gemma no. Newcomb prolly not either...

Kinda like the Newcomb read re: being the interrogatee.

3. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

@Newcomb

I half-seriously intended to dig up lots of Vaimes games and check statistics on what % of the time he was a wolf when he scumclaimed on his first post

I gave up on that but if you actually think I should do it lmk because I had the same initial thought and posted a fake statistic on it for the luls.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Manasi has been much more involved than the last time I wolfed with her which looks good for me I guess
    --- Post automerged ---
    Because if he wants EZ townpoints he actually commits to that read, rather than just pointing it out and then sitting on it.

It’s like a ~89% town thing to do I believe.

4. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Dels initial entrance felt artificial to me. Especially that shadow interaction, was very expositiony from both of them. They barely avoided one saying to the other "Tell town what they've won"

They've both gotten "better" but think that bit comes from partners some amount of the time basically.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I think fonti is town and im absolutely not explaining why.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Tfw you want to grill vaimes on his jari/Newcomb/fonti reads but he actually looks towny now.
    --- Post automerged ---
    How am I not included in the fluff/kai/jari paragraph?

Did you forget I was here?

5. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Because if he wants EZ townpoints he actually commits to that read, rather than just pointing it out and then sitting on it.
    I really like the analysis you’ve put into the Silver/Gemma thing here, I didn’t really notice that interaction in particular but I think it just reaffirms my town read.

~This is something i’d do as a wolf~ is not the type of feels I hold as particularly AI for anyone else because we’re all very different people/players and no two players have the same patterns or meta, so like I see what you mean but i still lean town on the whole thing.

My point is, Silver didn’t ~JUMP~ onto Fluff about it, or commit to the read in any way or push him because of it. If he wanted easy towncred that would’ve been the play to make. It was more like him pointing it out going “hrm, that seems a bit forced” and then moving on, which is a MUCH more townie thing to do imo. In the case of Silver scum he is either distancing or fishing for towncred depending on Fluff’s alignment, BOTH of which would require him to commit to the read and do something about it. He doesn’t get distance or towncred for just pointing it out and leaving it. Which is why I believe it’s much more likely that he’s town.

And I definitely think the Gemma thing is just multi-layer analysis and indicates a town mindset.

Like if I’m self-pocketing to Silver this early whatever but I feel pretty strongly about this read for now.

6. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Vote manasi

7. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Like, seriously, I can’t put any more emphasis on the fact that it’s not that wolf Silver has a much simpler explanation.

Wolf silver in either scenario of distancing from Fluff or shading him for easy town cred requires a MUCH higher commitment to that early callout than just leaving it and moving on.
    --- Post automerged ---
    This is bad.
    --- Post automerged ---
    After further re-reading i’d like to welcome @Manasi and @Vaimes to the towncircle. We hope you enjoy your stay and I’ve made a batch of gluten-free blondies which are SURPRISINGLY AMAZING. Come get some.

8. Dels

Dels Muggle

I don't even remember interacting with Shadow at all this game.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I'm placing a vote here because it's what feels the most right atm and because it feels like time to place a vote.

Vote Fontisian

9. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Not worth the time IMO

10. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Hi why?

11. Manasi

Manasi Squib

Newcomb I can't really play the way I typically want to on this site. Unsure why you think a shift in tone in a completely new place where I can get rekt for saying lmao is alignment indicative but go off.
    --- Post automerged ---
    What'd I do this time?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Dels teach me how to fix the draft thing I have yet to figure it out.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Humor me and let me know what you had expected from me.
    --- Post automerged ---
    You know her as well as I do. If I keep pushing on Gemma for what I thought was scummy she was going to be hounding me about it the whole time. Easier to drop the topic and keep scumreading Gemma myself. Feeling pretty noncombative given recent events, I'm sure you understand.
    --- Post automerged ---
    This is lame given you probably do know my "style" after how many ever games together.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Ugh this Dels post is leaning into his wolf range and I do NOT like it.

12. Dels

Dels Muggle

The save/floppy icon removed draft. Third from the right.
    --- Post automerged ---
    removes*

13. Manasi

Manasi Squib

You said you didn't get a read on me from my intro posts - why is that leading you to want to vote me? It doesn't seem like you think I'm wolfing but somehow you've cleared X amount of people from interactions with that first post. Where does that leave you? What team am I on?

14. shadowlancerx

shadowlancerx Muggle

Shadow
    Cobalt
    Silver
    Manasi
    Tom
    Jari
    Vaimes
    Gemma
    Fonti
    Fluff
    Newcomb
    Dels
    Kai
    ~~~~~
    I really don’t feel great about this list, to the point that I kinda didn’t want to post it yet, but whatever. I like the top 5 or so and the rest is just blah.

Odds of one of the 0 posters being scum is >rand in my opinion.

I dislike Newcombs non-reason for scum reading me, @Newcomb I want you to actually explain here, cause I’m not buying it as a real read.

Dels doesn’t feel like the dels I played with before. Admittedly, he was scum that game, but he was massively high efforting it up there even not liking his alignment, so the lack of... verboseness? Verbosity? ...makes me side eyeing him.

Newcomb and dels should be NKA for the interactions between them, but I don’t think I’d bet the game on that. Certainly would leave the other alone if one flips scum.

15. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

@Newcomb I can do the thing anytime tonight. Would still kind of like to do it, even the moment has really passed, heh.

16. shadowlancerx

shadowlancerx Muggle

@fonti do you have a read on newcomb?

17. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Shhhh
    --- Post automerged ---
    Anyone got a Newcomb read for me to sheep yet?

18. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Not yet, no. Do you?

@Jarizok, could you explain the read on me?

19. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Talking about the dels/shadow back and forth starting here.
    Feels really scripted

20. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Why don't you make your own read?