1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WitchHunt 9

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Miner, Mar 29, 2019.

1. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

That's fair. Keeping it internal is helpful for me, and I do it knowing that I will be able to be convincingly town later. I tend to have several running thoughts about certain behaviors people are exhibiting, and it's helpful for me personally to not influence those behaviors or lock myself into thinking a certain way. You'll probably see what I mean later. I will also give you the Von read later Today.

Anyway, I get where you're coming from now.

2. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

I didn't actually (re)read what happened in this game, just what you and Newcomb said about it.

Is Gemma the type to have a "things to say" notepad? A 1:1 repost is obviously not an accident.

3. fontisian

What do you think it is, Kai?

4. shadowlancerx

shadowlancerx Muggle

@Dels I’ve literally never played with Kai before this game.
    --- Post automerged ---
    But if it’s [generic Mafia player] then I imagine scum would be less apt to just keep doing nothing.

5. fontisian

To start us off, this is pretty crap. Dels thinks talking to to Gemma about her talks with Cobalt is pretty pointless even though he likes her. Silver calls this a contradiction and therefore scummy, even though, frankly, the scummier thing would have been Dels trying to force some questioning of Gemma there in order to look good. Silver says Von can be town because Von just voted Dels, which seems bad to me mostly because Silver's thing against Dels is so twisty. Von/Silver soft unalign, since if Silver is scum he's taking advantage of Von's Dels push.

So shadow makes a weak joke and takes the easy push on Dels, after Silver's underwhelming case against them. Imo, just jumping on Silver's stuff there is scummy, though /maybe/ not as much if silver is scum. And that to just the awkwardness of it, like he's trying to be part of the in crowd (aka "How do you do, fellow kids.") and yeah. Scummy.

The cobalt's pocket thing is kind of self-aware, but eh, not a big deal.
    All three bolded things above feel like shadow is separate from the conversation but trying to poke in. They're general statements, harder to get called on because they're about previous experience. "I always hate when." "I've seen a scum team caught over x." Just, why is he even saying these things. What is the point of the "I actually agree with you" bit? Like, is it just to clarify how he feels about early game? Why not talking about the point that he's actually disagreeing on? Why is he saving scum can be caught in rvs, and then just letting the argument go without saying why? Why say "I hate when people say votes on them make sense" instead of going after the specific instance in this game, unless you just want to shade and sound engaged?

I voted him because of the middle quote.

Some other minor things:
    This question isn't /as/ bad, but again, but it feels like he might be checking in on Silver's conclusion before he continues going after Dels. I don't think this makes them unaligned.

He was pretty interested in the "everyone drop your shadow read/case" at the same time thing, but apparently completely forgot about here? Or he just wanted to shade Newcomb. I don't know.

"Dels doesn't feel like the Dels I've played with. He was scum that time. But him being different here is scummy."
    Right. This is just weird.

"I wouldn't bet the game on Newcomb and Dels not being aligned, but actually I totally would."
    Aight dude.

This is just like the previous two, refusing to draw a conclusion. "It's either this or this, but I clearly think it's the mad self awareness one." The answer is that Kai doesn't give a shit, by the way.

Side-note: Newcomb and Von are also probably unaligned, since it looks like no one is going to response to that quest about Von's progression on Newcomb. I'm not sure if that progression was a good, nice feeling, quick reevaluation or posturing followed by tmi.

Anyway, my vote's staying on shadow. Let's round this off with a readslist. Am willing to elaborate on some of them, but not all right now, just ping me. They're probably going to change after I see what else people have posted, as it's still pretty fluid. And yes, Gemma, I was townreading you. It was strengthened by you assuming I was townreading you, heh.

Cobalt
    Dels
    Gemma
    Newcomb
    fluff
    Jarizok

Kai
    M Plus 7
    umami

Von
    Manasi
    silver

shadow

6. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Shadow's first 5ish posts are basically all

[​IMG]

Surface level reaction to things spun as actual investment in the game. He sees people voting for Lump, instead of just ignoring it or shitposting about it, he tries to look invested in the game by asking if it's real. The actual villager mindset is to just, like, take 10 seconds and find out for yourself by checking the OP.

The dominant shitposting / RVS / gimmick feature of the thread at the time was Gemma's bird comics. "Oh, I like shitposting, I approve of the fun we're having! We're town, we're having fun together!" is a wolf tonal thing. Jan had a read one time that the first people to shitpost / gimmick were >rand town, and the first people to try to egg on / copy that gimmick were >rand wolf. I don't really believe that's accurate all the time, but it feels right here. It's just awkward is fuck and it screams "trying to fit in."

Awkward non-joke. Question to Dels is weak-sauce, talking just to talk.

I'm going to run out of ways to say this feels like awkwardly forcing a light tone, other than to mention that in my head I remember him posting like this in the Team Mafia game where he was with Dels/me/Voxx but I can't be assed to check how accurate that actually is.

This is after I voted him and fonti voted him, so it's outside the bounds of explaining my initial read, but I'm not crazy about this either. The reaction seems like he can't quite decide if he's going to be blase or tough on the blank votes, like he's trying out different looks. It comes off as unnatural.

I also, like I mentioned, hated his OMGUS swipe at me.

Basically, shadow hasn't done anything villagery, his entrance was awkward as fuck, and he's reacted badly to the small amount of pressure he's gotten. Seems like a great D1 lynch to me.

7. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Shadow: super forced early posts where he fakes casualness/ignorance super hard.

He then goes on a spiel about how scumreading him is bad, and doesn't really do anything else.

And his readlist is very blah. And by blah i mean its just there to look pretty. And it doesn't even look pretty.

8. Umami

Umami Squib

Sorry guys, was looking at the old thread and wondering why we were still waiting for two people to confirm

9. fontisian

Oh my god.

10. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

We were all waiting for Umami to confirm, that's true.

11. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

[​IMG]

12. fontisian

I didn't really think about how brutal it would be for multiple walls to be dropped against someone at once, tbh. Like, this was two walls and a fluff post, and it was still pretty brutal.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I'm willing to townread the Umami thing until proven otherwise.

13. Umami

Umami Squib

that is the cutest, creepiest creature
    --- Post automerged ---
    I'm just a muggle
    --- Post automerged ---
    Also, what do you mean by multiple walls?

14. fontisian

Multiple walls of text.

15. KaiDASH

I dunno. I looked at the interaction in this game and it's just dumb right because they make winky faces at each other so they both know what's going on and are just memeing publically.

And my take on Tom is that he wouldn't necessarily remember having that kind of interaction in a non-immediately previous game so that suggests ww? but like. why ever. So maybe Tom is the type to remember that.

So IDK. I'd definitely want to kill the other if it came up that one of them is scum but I don't think it's worth much to pursue now.

16. fontisian

A Somewhat Accurate Post Count
    Gemma - 49
    Tom - 45
    Dels - 38
    fonti - 34
    Silver - 22
    Newcomb - 21
    shadow - 19
    Von - 17
    Cobalt - 16
    Jari - 15
    fluff - 14
    Manasi - 10
    Kai - 7
    Umami - 2
    M Plus 7 - 1

I forgot Tom in my readslist. He's null.

Von's postcount is concerning.

17. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

I don't feel like he really thought about his Cobalt read. He said Cobalt was trying too hard, then listed him in his scumteam guess, then when he was pushing on you he said that he didn't think Cobalt's thing was necessarily forced, so he's presumably not scumreading Cobalt anymore? It looks like he just switched his position to oppose you. A lot of his content feels like angling to me, for example his post about fonti/Manasi. Would be nice if he talked about his reads more.

18. KaiDASH

I like Dels.

The posts around #235 show a town thought process.

It's like
    ->Reading Newcomb posts
    ->He seems to be taking a shortcut wrt his read on me, so I will challenge Newcomb about it.
    ->Newcomb explains
    ->Okay

19. Umami

Umami Squib

Also, what do you
    yeah, just finished reading page 2

20. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

And?