1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Fanfiction's Worst Reviews

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Moridin, Jul 7, 2010.

1. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Man, totally not cool to personally attack Menace like that.

2. Zombie

Zombie Black Philip Moderator DLP Supporter

Screenshot_20190217-193256.png

Lmao so I'm not quite sure, are you that person on SB. I still think you are.

Also why don't you post in the thread where everyone's talking about you. I mean credit where credit is due, thanks for shitting on Taure. Maybe he will go back to The One He Fears instead of Vicky Potter.

3. Scarat

Scarat Fourth Year

High Score:
    You know that Alma person on the subreddit and how she(?) seems to have gone nuts recently? I think this was posted by whoever is manning that account at the moment.

4. Microwave

Microwave Professor

She's been nuts for two years already I don't understand why you're surprised.

5. James

James Unspeakable

Sound like a Good Charlotte's next hit, recreating the success of "Lifestyles of the rich & famous"

6. Zombie

You're afraid of getting banned but won't reply in a format your retardation can be humored further. The person over on SB was better than you at trolling at the very least, you're like Taure-lite ❤️

This is re another review from our avid follower.

7. Joe

Joe The Reminiscent Exile ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter ⭐⭐⭐

High Score:
    [​IMG]

...ow.

Front up and post from an actual account you utter plasterboard.

8. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    @Joe, they have a point. But so do you.

Got this recently (guest account of course):

My FFN profile is empty. I don't interact with anyone there, I just post my fanfic. I very much doubt someone migrated from Reddit to call me a twat.

I strongly suspect it's someone on DLP. If it's BitMyFinger or Lion, then I understand that you can't reply on DLP now. If you're not banned though, then own the insult, faggot.

9. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

10. Joe

High Score:
    Ehh... if I had a right of reply, I'd argue his main point, that I write 'Joe' stories (which I do, I'm Joe), is flawed. He wants me to write Harry Potter as Harry Potter?

...if I wanted to read Harry Potter as Harry Potter I'd read the canon books.

Fanfic lets me write my take, even if my take tends toward sad and regretful. I'm not sure what growth could be in this sense - happy and hopeful? That's not growth, it's just flipping the script. My growth in the last ten years has been more about craft - the fanfic canvas has always been a way to test what colours blend well together, not write stories this anonymous twat finds appealing.

11. ScottPress

High Score:
    Oz, I know you'd never insult me anonymously.

Oz
  12. Sorrows

Sorrows Queen of the Flamingos Moderator

Frankly Joe, if they can't see the ways you have evolved and improved as an author over the last decade. I'm not convinced they're even literate.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2019
  13. Silirt

Silirt Chief Warlock DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

I'm sure there's an urbandictionary entry.
    I extend my sympathies regarding scathing reviews and personal attacks, though the worst thing I've had recently was this:
    upload_2019-4-2_10-3-44.png
    It makes me want to update less frequently, but that would go against a commitment I made at the beginning.

14. Conquistador

Conquistador High Inquisitor

High Score:
    bUt He StIlL sTaRtS wItH a QuOtE

Joe
  15. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
  16. Joe

High Score:
    [​IMG]

@ScottPress called it. Someone who monitors our beloved forums.

To our anonymous admirer, you can go fuck yourself. Your opinions are as flawed and as flaccid as my dick after a heavy morning's drinking.

17. ScottPress

High Score:
    Number one: Jeconais is a better writer than Joe HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA yo Guest mate, expect my medical bill for rib replacement cause I just busted several

Number two: so Joe specializes in a genre, that makes him stale and unimaginative. Say that about Tolkien. Or GRRM. Or Robert Jordan. Or Terry Pratchet. Or Brandon Sanderson.

Being good at what you do is not a bad thing. Why aren't all cab drivers taking pole position in Formula 1? It's just driving, eh? Why does JKR suck monkey balls at scriptwriting--it's all just writing. Writing different genres is as different as specialties in medicine. Sure, an oncologist could attempt brain surgery, but a neurosurgen is better at that.

Since we now have confirmation you read this thread--and I'm as certain as can be without your admission that you're the message board equivalent of Former Disgruntled Employee--I'm not surprised you didn't have the balls to say this here, because on DLP you'd have to back up your argument with substance instead of just claiming that Jeconais writes better than Joe technically and expect it to be taken as fact instead of just your opinion.

Go suck on a squirrel's left nut.

18. Joe

High Score:
    His response is factually incorrect, too. I started writing HP fanfiction - Harry Potter and the Sword of the Hero - back in late 2003. Harry Potter and the Hero's Path was by TheJackofDiamonds... 2006 or thereabouts, I think.

At best our mystery reviewer here is confused.

Not to worry, I suppose.

These reviews stood out to me because they weren't just critical but personal. Your argument didn't offend me, mate, but your thinly veiled attempt at honest critique to mask what appears to be significant resentment over some past slight did - which is why I thought the reviews appropriate for this thread.

19. Zombie

I guess you missed where they were talking in my own reviews. They won't post on the forums because they don't want to bet banned. They are also Naruto fans and possibly extremely metro sexual.

How does it feel to be compared to an actual piece of shit Joe? Pretty sure that guy is still salty with DLP

20. Todeswind

Todeswind Groundskeeper

My most interesting review this far has been from someone laboring under the impression that my Endless Pantheon series (an SG1/Dresden Files cross) is apparently advocating for White Supremacists.

The second most interesting is under the impression that it is (a) an anti abortion advocacy story and (b) is SUPER in favor of that message.