1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WitchHunt 9

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Miner, Mar 29, 2019.

1. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Good post Jari, keep it up :thumbs

2. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Jari, why not pile on? Bigger wagons is good.

Dels doesn't think Silver is town anymore, did you notice that?

3. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

Solid reasoning Fonti senpai. (I’m trying a thing.)

There’s such a thing as Fonti being weirdly brutal. Brutal is kinda bog standard Fonti to me.

@Vaimes Can I have more words on tom/Dels being bad?

Aww.

Lol. Like the triggerhappiness though.

Don’t agree but do like for Cobalt’s alignment.

I don’t think their interplay is different as much as they’re all playing slightly different from usual individually. Gemma is happier/looser from her last couple games, Fonti a bit more lowkey up until recent posts and Vaimes less post-y.

Umami
    Cobalt
    Silver
    Gemma/Fonti (hehe)
    Manasi
    tom
    Newcomb
    fluff/Kai (huehue)
    Vaimes
    Shadow

@shadowlancerx Do you think you’re being pushed by scum? Who’s the bads?
    --- Post automerged ---
    It’s sad how much I appreciate this.
    --- Post automerged ---
    It doesn't feel like my read yet. Might as well use all of them days to get there.

4. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

I don't think that's AI for Dels btw.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I guess I have to post mine too. Now everyone gets to find out that I have no scumreads hooray!

Gemma ~ Newcomb )) -- fontisian -- Umami, Cobalt, Jarizok -- )) ---- ) KaiDASH, M Plus 7 % )) > -- Manasi, tom -- Vaimes, Dels -- shadowlancerx, Silvercrys3467 )) -------- )) -------- )) ------ )) ~

5. Jarizok

We’re in the same boat. I’m like “thread is probably right about shadow” and I’m yo-yoing Vaimes and that’s it.

Shadow/M7/fluff/kai? Would be lol.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Also you forgot fluff. It’s k, I forgot m7.

6. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Oh, he's in the null pile with MP7 so that works.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Also, you shouldn't sheep people's reads on shadow. The only people who have even posted any are fonti, Newcomb and fluff.

Oh, right, fluff did that. I guess he can be up at like 82.5%.

7. Umami

Umami Squib

Not sure it matters, but sticking with an early read:

team hocus pocus dels/shadow

Also, gemma probs a townie

8. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Excuse me, I'm at least an 82.6%.

9. Manasi

Manasi Squib

For some bizarre reason I thought EOD was today and I was freaking out because I'm actually super busy today.

Unsure if I'm townreading Jari just because they actually gave me attention or because they're posting well. Either way they're leaning town to me. The problem is I know basically everyone sans 2 people which is why it's hard to interact with people I don't know. Newcomb's reluctance to interact with me at all will probably become wolfy come Day 2 but right now I'm too over it to care.

I've played with Shadow a decent amount on MTGS (I think?) and this doesn't really seem like it's his scum game? I think he's been as free-flowing as I typically see him.

BTW, I had doubts on Dels given some awkward posts but I think he's getting better.

I think my town reads right now are something like {Vaimes, Dels, Cobalt, Jari}. Those are the only ones I feel any sort of confidence with.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I'm heading out for the better half of the day so let me know if you have any questions or want to chat about anything. Should be back home by 1 EDT but who knows.

I'm seeing my favorite band tonight I'm so excited I might actually cry several times throughout the day.

10. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Vote: Manasi

I feel like she's making posts in an effort to keep up appearances, and isn't really doing anything to solve the game or figure out anyone's alignment. There seems to be some sort of missing space where all her process and/or engagement should be.

I guess I have a scumread now, although it's pretty weak.

11. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Agreed.

Manasi/shadow wagons are a go.

12. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Agreement.

I kind of think Jari is being, uh, appeasy? Like he's giving out too many townreads too easily, and I don't get why he's scumreading Von right now, when his wall about Von was all null/towny things.

13. Dels

Dels Muggle

You haven't actively taken steps to do so if you're a wolf. (Or have you?)
    --- Post automerged ---
    I agree the latest Manasi post was a little same-y. Good tone/attitude as usual, but. Like "You're a beautiful artist but I've already seen you paint that color", y'know?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Gemma why is Newcomb so certainly town?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Can the suspicious-of-Vaimes people talk about that a bit? Like, his posts are actually pretty nice, like in a vacuum I may townread a person for posting the kinds of thoughts he is posting, but is this in line with his scumrange or what?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Still want to hear @tom's side of how and why he reacted to Gemma's copy-paste.

14. Jarizok

I’m going to appease you by acknowledging that I’m being appeasy.

15. fontisian

Ok. Why are you being appeasy?

16. Jarizok

I’m trying for a healthier balance of content and spice, especially early. Hopefully I can keep more of an open mind this way and not tunnel. I haven’t yet decided when would be a good time to take of the breaks, but D1 has proven to not be it.

17. Manasi

Manasi Squib

I've given some reads tbh. More than I'm honestly comfortable with on Day 1 of any game, but the long phases cater to that kinda play I suppose.

Everyone sheeping the light scumread is Not Great and I'm not sure what to think of it. I think someone in that group of the last few posts {Gemma, Fonti, Von} is probably confirmed wolfing just because both Gemma and Von had light town reads on me that went down in the span of one post. It's not a great look for them in my opinion.

As of right now the thread feels really sheepy which is boring but maybe that'll change by tomorrow morning. Only around for another hour or so-ish. Still have to fit a fair bit of work into there as well.

It's also hard to interact with people I don't know when the only people that are interacting with me are people I do know.

I feel like I'm complaining a lot and it's honestly pretty unlike me so sorry. I've had a pretty rough few days and my emotions are all over the place. I'm trying to be as level headed as I can but we'll see when I finally explode.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Dels, were you in the game with Vaimes on MTGS? I don't remember which one he was in. I think it was yours. Do you see any similarities?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Explain where I'm not figuring out people's alignments. I want to get in your head and see what you're thinking but I'm having a hard time because I really feel like I've been giving more content than I normally do. Not a lot of real time engagement because I just pop in for a few minutes every other hour or so but I was told that kinda posting would fly here oops!
    --- Post automerged ---
    Both of you explain. At least one of you should know better than to just blindly sheep a light scumread.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Though I'm not 100% sold on Fonti's alignment. She plays this kinda pockety style more often than I'd be comfortable calling towny.
    --- Post automerged ---
    What does this mean for Dels alignment or are you just stating that there are more scumreads on Silver?
    --- Post automerged ---
    This last line here is kinda similar to something Shadow posted that a lot of people took issue with. Kai seems to be very reliant on writing a sentence and backpedaling a little so it can remain to be a soft thought instead of a pretty firm read. That reads pretty scummy to me. I'm not sure who this guy is but I'm looking forward to more.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I'm still stuck on this honestly and it's becoming unhealthy and neither tom nor Newcomb are responding about it. I feel like that response from Fonti comes if she's a wolf protecting Gemma or a villager protecting Gemma, with Gemma's alignment not making a difference. I didn't want to push on it more because I didn't want to deal with Fonti being annoying because I'm scumreading her meatshield target. We all know that would have happened. That's mostly why I rolled over and I guess everyone's too used to me being an asshole to see me actually just let something go without much of a fight.
    --- Post automerged ---

This interaction between tom/Silver reads kind of weird to me. I'm not sure of their history in terms of how they play against each other but I think that Silver was looking for an easy out with a tom read and when tom didn't have that he kinda slanked back? It seemed like he was leaning on tom to have a strong enough read that early to at least save him for D1. Maybe I'm missing a joke somewhere. It doesn't look great to me either. Worse for Silver and better for tom.
    --- Post automerged ---
    You guys need to post more when I'm around if you're upset about my sporadic pop-ins. :mad:

I'm done for a while just because I'm getting self conscious at the size of that wall.

18. fontisian

Manasi, I don't care about you scumreading Gemma. I care about your /reasons/ for scumreading Gemma being bad, and how you choose to justify them. That's all.

Good walling, by the way.

19. Miner

Miner Order Member

Moderator Note:

Effective immediately (or whenever he gets posting privileges), Muzjik replaces Silvercrys3467.

20. Manasi

Manasi Squib

I'm done for a while just because I'm getting self conscious at the size of that wall.
    Thanks I guess.

Listen, we both know that sometimes you can get WILD about stuff that you think you're 100% correct on. I just didn't want to deal with it <3
    --- Post automerged ---
    DRAFTS.