1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WitchHunt 9

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Miner, Mar 29, 2019.

1. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

No, I want to know what you meant by this:
    because you can't really say "Vaimes should know me better" and "I also attempt to mimic my town actions as scum."

What exactly do you want from me here?

And I doubt lurking off the pressure would have worked.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Newcomb can't keep up the wim forever, so if he's scum, it'll be easier to tell later on.

I think he's just town though.

2. Dels

Dels Muggle

Sure but he doesn't seem WIM-y at the moment. He seems going through the motions.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Granted it's Newcomb so the motions are very good motions, but still.

3. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

@Manasi I wasn't townreading you, you were 65/35, which is below null.

The only thing you need to change about how you make posts on DLP is that you need to format things correctly and not go crazy with emoji and such. You don't need to change anything about your style.

I noticed that there was a substantial gap in terms of thread content between some of your posts (particularly 409 and the one before that), but I didn't feel like you had done a lot to actually engage with or comment on what happened inside that gap. Sure, you commented on a few things, but not in a way that felt like you were really here with us.

Your read on me is a good example, because you've ignored anything contradicting that read, and I don't really think of you as the type to blindly tunnel (maybe I am mistaken) so that seems pretty strange and wrong. Or your read on shadow. Your read there seems very thin and also a little disjointed given that he's the main wagon atm and you have only a question mark-y one line to say about him.

If you don't think shadow is scum, why are you suggesting that Kai is scum by comparing him to shadow? This read feels kinda angle-y.

If you're town I'm sure we're just not quite on the same wavelength. Hopefully that will change if we give it time.

I was just asking Jari how that affected his read on Silver, since it contradicted his reasoning.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Man, rereading is hell with the way ISOs work now.

4. muzjik

muzjik Muggle

hi.

5. Dels

Dels Muggle

hello.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I'd suggest going into your settings and turning off the thing that lets us see when you are online/viewing the thread. So if you're scum, you can lurk.
    --- Post automerged ---
    (And if you're town you should do it anyway so we can't read into it)

6. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Casual dismissive apathetic is Newcomb's mode of existence.

7. shadowlancerx

shadowlancerx Muggle

@Vaimes: what I want is for you to recognize that you shrug lynched me not that long ago and I would expect that town!you has at least a thought process on that, rather than just “oh okay /sheep”

Also, newcomb is your highest town read, yet your description of “if he’s scum I’ll be able to tell later on” is the opposite of how people describe strong town reads that they’re willing to openly sheep.

8. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Hello. Please introduce yourself.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I don't know if I can keep playing on DLP with ISOs like this.
    --- Post automerged ---
    @M Plus 7 if you can't play just replace out, yeah?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Can you give some reads or thoughts on the content that people have posted please?
    --- Post automerged ---
    What are even the wagons right now. I feel so disconnected from this game.
    --- Post automerged ---
    shadowlancerx (4) - Newcomb, fontisian, Vaimes
    Dels (3) - Silvercrys3467, Umami, Cobalt
    Vaimes (2) - Jarizok, shadowlancerx
    Manasi (1) - Gemma
    tom (1) - his fluffiness
    Cobalt (1) - KaiDASH
    Silvercrys3467 (1) - Dels
    M Plus 7 (1) - tom

Not Voting (3) - Manasi, M Plus 7, Dels
    --- Post automerged ---
    Oops, I didn't delete Dels' vote.

9. Dels

Dels Muggle

Looks like it's you and me against the world again, Shadow!

10. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Use reasoning if you want me to listen.

11. Dels

Dels Muggle

Vote Manasi

This is far from being a solid vote.
    --- Post automerged ---
    That was whiter than I wanted.

12. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

I kind of want to lynch tom.

13. Dels

Dels Muggle

Why?

14. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Spooky.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Because he hasn't done anything.

15. Umami

Umami Squib

My read: Gemma is pissed! And not in drunk sense of the term
    <iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/3oEdv8bVhPvivgusdW" width="480" height="270" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/usa-germany-us-soccer-3oEdv8bVhPvivgusdW">via GIPHY</a></p>

But more generally I support my earlier town read of you. Last game you played a lot differently and were attempting to pocket people (me--you succeeded).

Sticking with earlier read of dels/shadow w/w. They had an odd interaction somewhere in the first 100 posts so I sort of fixated on that and I decided I'm voting for dels no matter what until Day 1 is over, see what happens.

16. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

I'm not pissed in any sense of the word!

Do you have any kind of a read on Manasi?

17. Dels

Dels Muggle

Sigh. Okay. Let's try to solve this game, Gemma?

What can we agree on?

Manasi's posts are pretty reactionary and they're all sort of... the same. Like with other people they have one general way they are approaching the game, but then they get snapped out of it or are forced into posting something different. With Manasi it was a lot of similar "here's my takes on what's happened" in paragraph form stuff plus general responses to posts directed at her... Man I'm not making sense but it's like, take me for example, I was sort of doing the same thing, but then sometimes I go out of my way to ask a weird question, or I post a readslist with stupid tiers, or whatever, so even though most of my posts are "Okay here's some reads I guess, idk", it gets broken up. Manasi's style never gets broken up, it's just been very smooth and similar. You know?

But we could just be wrong. Her attitude and tone feel pretty towny and apparently it's not her scum game. I dunno. Her reads are like in the total middle ground where they make sense but they're also not mindblowing. (Not that I expect anyone to be mindblowing)

Silver is gone so we can't do much but the read on Cobalt was weird and the read on you didn't progress. I did like the early proactiveness though.

You think Newcomb is really towny and I won't argue against that.

How's Fonti doing? She was non-posting earlier, you were right. If she was scum then, she would've been easily-detected not-faking-WIM scum. Which would've been weird. She can still be scum, but if so she's back to being standard hard-to-catch scum. If she's scum, the way she pocketed me by asking me to develop my read on her and then being super understanding it was artful.

I'm sure you've written something about tom by the time I post this so I'll wait.

Is there anything to make Fluff and Kaidash anything but null?

Umami town obv

Any thoughts on Jarizok? Their sense of humour is just too good and they're too likeable for me to read objectively...

Did you have any thoughts about what I asked about Vaimes? Like I said, he's posting thoughts that seem townish enough, but are they townish for him?

18. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Fair. What if I wanted to vote you to see what happened while you're in no danger of being lynched or quickhammered, and not necessarily because I have a scumread on you?

My description is more of a "just in case" so I look less stupid later on. It's not the basis for the read.

19. Umami

Umami Squib

Sorry to ask, but how do I select ISO?

20. Dels

Dels Muggle

Magnifying glass under avatar