1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WitchHunt 9

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Miner, Mar 29, 2019.

1. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

That was very eloquent and I will give you a townread for the mindmeld.

2. Umami

Umami Squib

Dels is not town. Boom solved it

3. Manasi

Manasi Squib

Skimming between meetings.

Dels, I fucking hate tier lists. Find me any game I've played that I haven't been almost physically forced into posting a read list.

Reactionary is kinda my jam. It's the only thing I really do. I'm like actively trying to be in a calm mindset when reading through this thread just because I feel like if I get too excited my formatting and shit is gonna go out of the window.

Tom how does Newcomb's shit affect your read on me? You unvoted but like... what.

I already don't like this guy in Silver's spot. RIP.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Also I just Ctrl+F'd my name for the time being. I'll fully catch up while at work.

I liked that Kai post for the most part. The Newcomb read is just annoying because I want to town read him but he's not fucking talking to me and is instead interacting with anyone else and it's pissing me off more than he's already pissed me off and it's just so frustrating AGH.

4. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

Just thinking of a reason to justify my light town read on Newcomb is exactly what I did. Remembered the post, thought "I'd never do that as scum" and tacked it onto my gutread.

Maybe you're confident you're usually not the D1 lynch because of your style, but I've been or almost was precisely that too many times. I guess fluff does tend to skate by, but I would still like to have the option open to me to push there as scum so wouldn't do what Newcomb did. Now with Newcomb's offered reason of hiding a partner in there in mind maybe I would consider doing it, but I hadn't thought of that.

With that said, I think you came at this in a townie way. It wouldn't be if you were just jumping on Newcomb's gotcha as much, but Newcomb already kind of schrugged off my response and you still decide to go for it? Think scum would be self conscious about doing that knowing other people already decided it's nothing, and it's not like you usually grab at thing to post just for the sake of posting.

@KaiDASH Who do you want to lynch that's not-me?

5. shadowlancerx

shadowlancerx Muggle

@Dels same to you etc etc. actually if you are scum that’s a pretty slick reversal.

@Gemma “does shadow actually feel that way” are you intending to ask Tom something he wouldn’t know/asking the aether, or do you mean to actually ask me?

At the time, I was feeling it particularly strongly, and in general I don’t actually feel so strongly about it, but it’s a nagging feeling at the back of my mind. There’s a lot of in jokes/reads/interaction, and this site has a higher rate of copy/paste than I’ve seen anywhere else personally, which is a bit of a gut shot at people who don’t play every game here.

And having my usual jocular self be piledriven to the ground just felt pretty awful.

So, I don’t think it’s like...the worst thing ever, but it’s definitely a thing.
    ~~~~~
    Kinda want some more votes on Vaimes please.

6. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Have you cased Von?

7. shadowlancerx

shadowlancerx Muggle

No... -_-

8. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Maybe you should do that.

9. shadowlancerx

shadowlancerx Muggle

Eh, fair.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Do you have any quick thoughts on Vaimes while I have you here?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Okay, so Vaimes.

Vaimes has posted a lot of “my read is X” but almost zero actual “because of X”. His newcomb read was based on newcomb saying “pretend I said something else” which was his 5th post and one of them at that point was even close to “content” (the post where he initially called out my intro). And that’s the read he’s fleshed out the most.

His response to people questioning his post count is to start posting more in a flurry and then in a forced self aware manner say “have i dethroned Gemma yet?” Which is like...I don’t even know. Vaimes is a volume clear type of player, but his volume here is super empty. I am reading through his iso and I’m not even sure what his thoughts or reasons are on virtually anything.

Even after sheep voting onto me, he leaves himself an out with “inb4 newcomb/Fonti/Gemma coven with Vaimes as loyal sheep”, effectively distancing himself from any blowback if I actually get lynched.

Also, I can’t help but feel like he’s backtracking when I called him out for his vote on me with “what if I’m just voting you to see what happens, maybe I don’t actually think you’re scum”, without confirming whether that’s his real thought process or just him playing some hypotheticals.
    ~~~~~
    @Vaimes I want a readlist from you, and reasons fleshed out for your strongest reads in either direction.

10. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Huh. Kinda expected the wagon on me to dissipate.

Not because of my content, it was fine but I could clearly make it as a wolf.
    Just because its a dumb wagon.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Let's go ahead and add Kai to towncore.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Shadow talk about this read:

11. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Sorry, I'm closed for business.

-

I actually really like Kai's case on Jarizok, though I don't agree with it. Can't tell if town or if I just like Effort.
    --- Post automerged ---
    You are so demanding.

I'm starting to side with the people who think readslists are bleh.

I'll think about it.
    --- Post automerged ---
    tom is town for bad reasons.

12. shadowlancerx

shadowlancerx Muggle

@tom: without the previous Vaimes post saying “Jari is town” I wouldn’t actually know which direction Vaimes was reading him. He also is a bit hedgy on it, “Grain or salt, who knows, depends on”.
    The read itself is okay I guess? Would say they’re probably unaligned.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Why would you say they are bleh? What’s the downside in your opinion?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Any other thoughts wrt everything else I said?

13. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Here, let's do it this way.

I will not vote Newcomb, Jarizok, Umami, muzjik, Kai, or tom.
    I would rather not vote Cobalt, fontisian, Gemma?, or M7.
    I wouldn't mind voting fluff, Gemma?, Dels, or Manasi
    I want to vote no one, currently.

Need to brush up on Gemma, Manasi, Dels, and shadow.

(I really didn't have a scumread on you. I just saw Newcomb talking about how unnatural you seemed and went with it for a bit. I could bite back with a ~you should know me better~ speech, because I often vote people just to see what happens, but...nah.)
    --- Post automerged ---
    Most of the time, I just BS them as either alignment. I don't have a perfect slot for everyone, and people tend to get fussy when you have a null group with seven names.

So I'd rather just spare the effort and focus on engaging rather than making lists, even if they are pretty.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Anyway, hush for a second and let me read.

14. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Yo, hi. Not intentional. I just haven't read anything you posted and had a spark where I really had a question or wanted to engage with it or anything. If you asked me something directly, I missed it.

15. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

My thoughts on this?
    My reasons on D1 tend to be pretty nebulous. I told myself I wouldn't do it this game, but blah blah old habits, I already talked about this actually.

No comment on the postcount. I'd argue that my thoughts are definitely out there, just horribly disorganized.

I wasn't leaving myself an out, I was being humorous and self-deprecating. I have literally followed scumteams around before.

Already went over why I voted you. I don't care about blowback because I'm town and will talk my way out of any hiccups that come up.

16. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Starting here
    The following dels answer, shadow asking him about it, etc, just turns into this back and forth where they agree early game doesn't matter then walk away from eachother.

Like I guess i can see either or both being town and this just be a Weird Thing That Happened. But its much easier to see it as "hey let's interact!!"

Idk im less confident now but it's what i saw
    --- Post automerged ---
    So i like readslist and rainbow walls and what have you. Just... as a snapshot of where someone is at/sharing same

But makes less sense in witch hunt, where you need to live in a couple worlds.

I could just file [dels+shadow+[gemma?]+?] under "Teams That Could Exist" and keep it there

Also [vaimes+jari...]

17. shadowlancerx

shadowlancerx Muggle

Tom, you always world build anyway though.

18. Newcomb

Hm.

I kinda dig this read? I had the same thought, obviously, since I called out Jarizok on his read of me for being like.. way too shallow to be real.

Idk, though. I feel like in a holistic sense witches have been treating me with kid gloves this game, and that just seems like a really blatantly bad / lazy way to bring my attention down onto oneself.

Kind of a classic "surely if they were a wolf they'd know better than to post that" moment.

I do somewhat like Kai for spooling this out, though?

19. Manasi

Manasi Squib

I'd rather have you interact with me than scumread AROUND me. It's pretty annoying because everyone seemingly scumreading me is either doing so with no awareness of my posts or because I said Gemma was contradicting herself earlier in the game.

Both pretty bullshit and flimsy and I don't want to be part of this stupid site's Lynch New Account D1 lifestyle because people I know are lazy. If that's something y'all want to perpetuate then go for it. You're just gonna have a hard time getting anyone new to ever show up.

20. Newcomb

I can definitely get why that'd be frustrating.

It's not a site meta thing for me, though, it's a Newcomb thing. Idk how much you know about my playstyle, but I'm basically an ivory tower player. I don't talk with specific people most of the time, I just read and comment to the thread. And I specifically go out of my way to not talk with people about the read I have on them, village or wolf. It's just not productive.

I'd be happy to chat with you about a third party, though, if it'll help you get into the game and not feel excluded. The ivory tower thing isn't a line in the sand, I can adapt if other people seem to really feed off that direct interaction, it's just not something I personally find to be that useful or clarifying.