1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WitchHunt 9

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Miner, Mar 29, 2019.

1. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I did respond to that, child.

2. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

If shadow's a wolf there's plenty of people who are softly but not strongly trying to deflect off him.

When's EoD in PST terms? I'm gonna be phone-only until tonight most likely.

3. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

I think the shadow's scummates would probably be Jari, fluff and maybe Tom.

4. Newcomb

I had like, Gemma/Dels/Muriz as the people in my head who I remembered saying stuff like "hm I'm not gonna fight shadow but the cases aren't that good and let's look elsewhere".

Why fluff? Honest to god I can't remember a single thing he's done this game.

5. fontisian

He posted a case with us against shadow, remember? Imagine how a scumteam with shadow would have been feeling right there, with no idea of what the cases would be like but that both of us are compelling and hard to shake off. Of course one of them would want to join in.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Oh, and Day ends at 7pm pst, Newcomb.

6. Dels

Dels Muggle

Um >_> Excuse me. I said the cases against Shadow were great and that the only reason I was looking elsewhere was to be productive, but that I was fine with Shadow dying
    --- Post automerged ---
    I don't agree with Jari's defense of Shadow at all so maybe that can be scum defending buddy. Yeah, straightforward logic, but hey, sometimes it's that simple! Jari is taking things from Shadow that could so so so easily be scummy (early frustration, push on fonti for name mix-up) and saying that they're actually townie, and it's kinda weak justification imo.

7. fontisian

I also think Von is actually pretty town, so.

8. Dels

Dels Muggle

The Newcomb post about Cobalt pings me as well. I know Scumcomb seems to heavily rely on the "I just don't think X player would have that mindset as scum" tool and that post feels very reminiscent of it.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Are you saying this in relation to Jari voting Von? As in Jari could be trying to save Shadow?

9. fontisian

Yeah. And him voting Von is generally scummy, I think.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Dels, can you talk more about what you mean wrt that Newcomb post about Cobalt? I'm not quite getting it, I think.

Also, we probably should start consolidating on someone.

10. Dels

Dels Muggle

Maybe I'm a sap but this is the post that makes me think Fonti is town. Because this theory against fluff comes from such a strange sense of paranoia. To think that the scum we're so worried about the shadow cases that they decided one of them had to join in just in case? I just don't think it's really justified, like I dont really think fluff seems the type to even be thinking that far ahead? But it's the type of paranoia townies have all the time when they come up with some clever idea of exactly what the scum are going to do. I'm not making sense but essentially what I mean is that the theory seems wrong to me but wrong in a townie way. Not that it has to be wrong but I just think it's too sinplistic.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Like a thing I noticed in the Newcomb scum game is he makes a lot of posts along the lines of "hmm I think this post is more likely to come from town ___? Think as wolf they wouldn't really be in the mindset to be able to _______, they'd be worried about _____ so they wouldn't do it." Or whatever. It was just a sort of common theme I noticed. I'm assuming as a wolf it lets him say very smart and analytical things about people. But he's doing it here about this Cobalt thing and idk it's just kind of meh to me, like I don't think it's a super strong point (but I don't know Cobalt as well) so idk something about it just felt like he could be doing the wolf thing
    --- Post automerged ---
    Fonti if you think Von is town are you worried about the fact he seems to be the counterwagon?

And are you aware that my vote is on him as well?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Like to be more specific

Shadow absolutely would make a gotcha wrong push as scum. It's just, like, in his toolset. So to defend that by saying "Nah, no way would Shadow as scum make a wrong push! He'd have thought it through!" is just sort of wrong. Like, he just wouldn't. He'd take whatever he gets.

And the frustration with the Newcomb is, idk I don't really remember it, but to say something like "Wolves can get frustrated, but why bother this early?" Like as if Shadow would have his calendar open checking if it's okay to get frustrated now or if he should save it for later? If he's frustrated he's frustrated, and if he feels he needs to respond emotionally correctly to a push then he'll do it, he won't be like "Oh, it's still only day 2 of 5, I can't use the frustration yet" is like... I just don't like this logic for defending Shadow. I don't like it.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Jari's earned an ISO so I can see his full progression Von that lead to a convenient vote on Shadow's counterwagon there.

11. Tammy

Tammy First Year

High Score:
    Votal 1.1.5

Vaimes (4) - Cobalt, xshadowlancerx, dels, jarizok
    xshadowlancerx (2) - fontisian, newcomb
    Dels (2) - muzjik, Umami
    jarizok (2) - kaiDASH, gemma
    tom (1) - his fluffiness,
    Gemma (1) - Vaimes

Not Voting (3) - M Plus 7, manasi, tom,

Let me know if I've made any mistakes

12. fontisian

Uh, I can find you Fluff's qt from when he was scum a while back, if you want. He actually tends to plan things like that out.

I'm aware you're voting Von. I'm not worried about the counterwagon, because I know I can save him, so much as interested in it.

For the newcomb thing, I think my problem is that agree with his point about Cobalt. Scum!Cobalt tends to be opportunistic and avoids unnecessary fights. Here he's going after random things that interest him and he's trying to confront people. I think he's really town.

13. Dels

Dels Muggle

You could be right about Fluff and I could be dumb for saying it's a wrong theory. I just feel most scum don't usually act in that manner, but townies think they do, so it's a townie thought from you.

I don't think Newcomb's point about Cobalt is necessarily wrong, tbh.

14. shadowlancerx

shadowlancerx Muggle

@Fonti:

15. Newcomb

fonti give me a quick double check on cobalt. Definitely town leaning him but one thing that I noticed at the beginning of the game that’s bothered me the more I think about it is the dichotomy between how hard he pushed the “silver is town and here’s why and Gemma is wrong and here are even more reasosns see I’ve really thought about this and I’m sticking to my guns” vs. the number of times he mentioned he was really drugged up and loopy and couldn’t possibly be faking anything. Just feels like. Performarive.

16. Dels

Dels Muggle

Okay so let's track Jari's progression on Vaimes!

Jari initially votes Vaimes during RVS for Vaimes' gif opener, then naked votes Vaimes a bit later.

He explains the vote here, but strangely enough, most of the explanation is actually about why Vaimes seems town, and he eventually concludes that Vaimes is light town. Still ends by asking Vaimes for his own read of him. Is this another case like when Wolfcomb ended a readpost on Gemma by asking Gemma for her readslist for no reason? Why ask that question?

More calling Vaimes towny here.

WitchHunt 9 - Vaimes has dropped back down to second-to-lowest on the readslist?! But he's been towny! I'm so confused? And Jari, why did you ask Vaimes for more words on Tom/Dels?

WitchHunt 9 - Scum guess list includes Shadow but not Vaimes, but he says he is yo-yoing Vaimes.

WitchHunt 9 - Vaimes still second to lowest on the list.

Jari what am I missing here? Why are there so many posts from you calling Vaimes towny but he always stays basically second-highest on your suspect list?

17. Newcomb

Kind of in a “see how hard I’m trying guys I have real thoughts even though I’m drugged up im a good villager” way

18. Dels

Dels Muggle

aka the scumAmrock
    --- Post automerged ---
    also did anyone else catch how tom said "dels agreed with me about cobalt being like scumamrock" even though *I* said it first and he agreed with me? lmao
    --- Post automerged ---
    Honestly I think Newcomb is probably just good at copying his town game as wolf so I'm seeing things he did in his wolf game and thinking they're wolfy but he's just doing it because it's also his town game? We'll see

19. shadowlancerx

shadowlancerx Muggle

I’m not sure what you guys are on about with my Fonti gotcha. As it appeared, there was no way that mindset ever makes sense from town who cares about her vote; as clarified, it at least makes sense as not wanting to be on a replacement wagon due to the lack of that vote doing anything.
    ~~~~~
    Kinda want to kill jari for just going back and forth on my wagon to Vaimes wagon. Looks like scum either trying to:
    A: counter a push onto buddy Vaimes.
    B: just be on whichever wagon is largest.

Would lynch him if Vaimes is a no go, though still strongly prefer Vaimes. I am unconvinced by any of his replies to me.

20. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

It’s like you’ve never met me.