1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WitchHunt 9

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Miner, Mar 29, 2019.

1. shadowlancerx

shadowlancerx Muggle

Apparently my posts are a magic Vaimes calling button.

I have in fact played a lot of games with you. I’ve specifically been able to call you out for being pretty clearly townie in games where other people didn’t think so. I don’t see that Vaimes in this game.

2. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    I trust no one on the vaimes wagon.

I should still be voting gemma I think but I wanna
    Vote cobalt

3. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Yeah, I can see that. I think that town!Cobalt can be pretty performative?

4. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Dels’ point about Jari’s Vaimes stance is well-taken.

People who are voting Vaimes / would vote Vaimes: can I get some kind of distilled “this is why Vaimes is probably a wolf” thing? Like I can handle “he hasn’t been obviously villagery” because that’s objectively true but when I say that about shadow it’s combined with like, bad entrance, bad reaction to pressure, etc. like. There’s a reason I had that read in the first place, “not doing villagery things” is the force multiplier.

5. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Nice he's already being talked about.

6. Dels

Dels Muggle

The thing is, can you convince me that Jari's actions are wolfy if they're not to save you?

Because if Jari's a wolf with Vaimes, he certainly didn't need to vote Vaimes here, so that's a hard sell for me. In fact I'm a little bit confused why you'd say Jari is countering a push onto Vaimes when Jari has actually voted Vaimes now?

And if Jari's a wolf with neither, I'm not sure how to explain why his progressions on you two are so questionable when he shouldn't care either way.

7. Newcomb

He’s usually kind of single minded about it though? Like he’ll be performative tunneling or defending something or someone. This just feels like an imitation of that but ehh it’s not something I feel strongly about just like, paranoia.

8. shadowlancerx

shadowlancerx Muggle

@Dels: basically I ready jari’s Vote move to Vaimes as him being a chicken with me. Like a “imma rock the boa—-abort abort!” move.

Sort of related but also in relation to tom’s last post, in observing wagons and who’s voting where, there’s so much missing the forest through the trees that we stop voting people that we should be voting.

In this example, if Vaimes is scum, Tom having a scum read on me/other people voting Vaimes, has successfully lead him to not vote on scum Vaimes, which is dumb.

9. Newcomb

Man how likely is it that fonti/Gemma/Vaimes are actually v/v/v here.

10. M Plus 7

M Plus 7 Squib

I'm really sorry everyone; it was the perfect storm of everything in my life for the past week. I have not been made aware that I've been replaced, but I'm here to actually play now, basically replacing myself so to speak. And I actually really want to do this and have the time now, so if you'll excuse my early absence I'd love to participate with you all.

I thought I missed Day 1 unfortunately because the opening post says April 3rd at 10:00PM EST, is that true?

11. Newcomb

I’m gonna be kinda busy this evening, will check in near EoD but I’m gonna need an @ if there’s claims / CFD type shenanigans.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Yes, it’s Night, that’s why we’re all posting.

12. Dels

Dels Muggle

I've had my 20 tabs of Vaimes posts open since last night but I'm looking at them again and I really don't think I can make a case. The overall thing I notice is that it's just a lot of reads without analysis, just calling people town or scummy, but it's really basic reactions to stuff that are easily fakeable. I don't remember if town!Vaimes expands more.

He hits some good emotional beats which is what made me lean towny earlier, but people say it's in his range. I wish I could find a really good progression in here but since he never goes very in-depth, I can't track much. The reads don't seem to change much though, whatever read he states on someone early, he kind of just keeps it?

Like I have his final "lynch" list open and if I cross-check, anyone who he gives an early townread to is still at the top, and anyone he gives suspicion of early on is still at the bottom. Only exception is Manasi who he townreads early but now could lynch. Here is the best explanation I can find. Meh.

I'm also noticing that he townreads Jari very early for the push, basically says that Jari wouldn't do it as scum since it'd look bad when Vaimes flips town. Like, yeah, sure, but doesn't that apply to a wolf pushing any townie? They've gotta push somewhere bro. So to give Jari the early townread for that and then just maintain Jari as strongest townread the entire time? Could be fake progression. (But Vaimes/Jari/Shadow is noooot the team, right?) Actually looking at it, he says he's dropping Jari a little bit when Jari makes a bad vote, but idk, it doesn't seem to affect much.

There's a vote on tom here for "OMGUS + curosity" but it gets dropped with absolutely no explanation. Vaimes can you explain what happened with that vote? You later have tom as someone you would not vote today. What's the progression?

Wolves make this kind of post more often than town. Don't ask me why, but they do.

These are all just the thoughts that come to mind as I look at the ISO. I'm not necessarily trying to lean one way or the other. Maybe some of these things indicate scum? But also they maybe don't. None of these are strong points.

13. M Plus 7

M Plus 7 Squib

I know this is supposed to be a funny quip, and I know I have been a total flake so it's not like I don't deserve it, but it would have been nice to get an actual answer here. When does Day 1 end then? 10:00PM Eastern tonight?

14. Dels

Dels Muggle

But why does Jari need to be a chicken with you?

Voting you isn't rocking the boat, it's voting for the most likely lynch. You've been the designated lynch since the moment those cases were posted and it has never changed.

So Jari would have nothing to chicken out of it, nor would his vote on you be particularly difficult in the first place.

15. Newcomb

Yeah man sorry that was probably too snarky of me. EoD is then, yeah. Day was extended 24 hours due to silver replacing (I’m assuming)

16. Dels

Dels Muggle

I'm not sure but the chances of you being a wolf go up then (purely by statistics)

If they're all v/v/v, what is it? Shadow/Jari/...gosh, could it be Cobalt...? / maybe fluff after all....? / remember M7 is still easily slottable / ????tom?????

17. M Plus 7

M Plus 7 Squib

It's okay, I totally understand, lol. Good to know, thanks man. I'll do what I can; I pretty much have most of today to do whatever, so I can actually give this a few hours of attention at a minimum.
    --- Post automerged ---
    So I'm probably going to try to catch up mostly via ISOs... highly doubt I can speedread the whole thread, and even if I could that probably wouldn't be conducive to anything productive especially given the pressure of EoD tonight.

I should probably also state that I've never played a Witch Hunt setup before, so assuming I'm totally oblivious to any workings of that off hand I apologize in advance and you will have to give me a bit of a learning curve there.

18. Newcomb

I mean right back at you for the first bit but assuming you’re a villager I could see like shadow/Jari/muriz/manasi or something along those lines. Could obv throw M7 in for any of those easily.

19. Dels

Dels Muggle

Hm you don't think Muz is town?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Well purely by statistics was a dumb thing to say, I meant that but also because you're not someone I townread aka can't imagine as wolf. So like Kai's chance of being wolf also goes up purely by statistics for example but I didn't say Kai because I wouldn't think he's a wolf anyway.

Idk if you think I'm wolfy but tbh the fact you haven't given a read on me really makes me a bit wary. Can you give me like a sentence?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Or a gun to head read or w/e

20. M Plus 7

M Plus 7 Squib

Are there any matters of particular note I should pay attention to as I read back, and/or are there any ISOs any of you all recommend I read first?