1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WitchHunt 9

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Miner, Mar 29, 2019.

1. shadowlancerx

shadowlancerx Muggle

I mean, I guess. Really I don’t actually believe I’ll get lynched because I don’t get mislynched, but I guess I should learn that’s not true.

2. Dels

Dels Muggle

Yeah I'mma put together a thing for you, hold on

3. shadowlancerx

shadowlancerx Muggle

Wouldn’t mind if you read Vaimes. People will probs say you should read mine fwiw.

4. M Plus 7

M Plus 7 Squib

Thanks so much!
    --- Post automerged ---
    Noted, thanks. I'll prioritize both of you then for sure.

5. Dels

Dels Muggle

So first off, here are the two cases posted against Shadow that have made him today's top lynch candidate:
    WitchHunt 9
    WitchHunt 9

6. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

I have kind of a stupid townread on tom that’s a little too stupid to get into but it’s there.
    Was kinda mixed on silver and muriz has rubbed me the wrong way. Not in love with waxing poetic about how everyone is playing wrong and his ideas are great and disagreeing with a bunch of shit, then justifying not actually pushing anything with “well it’s a new site my reads will probably be sub-par.”

Also that one specific comment he made about someone’s wagon being good because it had two top town plus himself on it was pretty eyebrow raising. Maybe it’s the way it really leaned into the circular reasoning of it that might be TWTBAW but ehhh.

As for you, I think you’re hitting some solid tonal notes but I’ve noticed the number of times we’ve had drastically different responses to things and I don’t love that on a holistic level. Gun to my head I guess I’d go with town but more because I have s pretty strong NKA read on you/silverslot and I’m kinda not in love with that slot more than I’m not in love with how not on the same page we are if that makes any sense.

7. shadowlancerx

shadowlancerx Muggle

I am really not thrilled with this “top lynch candidate” nonsense. There have been multiple wagons on multiple people; newcomb is not a governor and does not get to just pick the lynch. Come on dude.

8. Newcomb

Man this would be such a good post to quote and fire off a Loose Cannon shot on you.

9. Umami

Umami Squib

Muz, MPlus, and Manasi, I invite you all to vote Dels. M's stick together

10. Dels

Dels Muggle

I'd suggest opening the Manasi ISO and reading that, you can get a pretty good sense of her playstyle here and also the reasons people have suspected her. People are pretty split on Manasi so I'd be curious to see your opinion.

This is a Vaimes post that a couple of people felt was odd:
    WitchHunt 9

You might want to look at the Shadow/Dels interactions starting here, a few people noted they may be w/w forced interaction:
    WitchHunt 9

This is the page 1 post from Cobalt that started to get him some early townreads for good early effort:
    WitchHunt 9

But he's been accused of possibly being a bit performative with it, as seen here:
    WitchHunt 9

And he's been accused of overrelying on his early townread on Silver from that page 1 post, to the point where he sort of uses it as a reason to attack others if they suspect Silver, here's an example:
    WitchHunt 9

But Cobalt has been posting some interesting thoughts on Newcomb:
    WitchHunt 9
    WitchHunt 9

And there has therefore been some debate about whether or not Cobalt would be going after Newcomb in that way if Cobalt was scum.

11. shadowlancerx

shadowlancerx Muggle

...I don’t think I could even stay mad at that.

12. M Plus 7

M Plus 7 Squib

Reading the posts on Shadow now in addition to ISOing. Out of curiosity, does anyone here regularly play with Shadow and/or have any meta to consider as well?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Thanks Dels, those are definitely helpful. I'll need to take a short break very soon for work/lunch, but otherwise after that I'll just be parked here reading all this stuff and trying to consume everything for opinion-forming ASAP.

13. Dels

Dels Muggle

This is an early catchup from Newcomb:
    WitchHunt 9

It's the start of the idea of the Fonti/Gemma/Vaimes trio which Newcomb and I both identified as potentially having something weird in it.

I tried to expand on why that trio is a trio here:
    WitchHunt 9
    WitchHunt 9

Worth noting that Newcomb and Fonti post the cases on Shadow, and Gemma and Vaimes both follow, meaning Newcomb and the trio he named all voted together.

Umami is basically being townread exclusively for this:
    WitchHunt 9

Cheap way to get a read, but we'll take it.

14. Newcomb

There was also the super blatant “hey can the Oracle out and tell us a villager? That’d be helpful” thing.

15. Dels

Dels Muggle

Here is where Muzjik replaces Silver. (Silver, the slot that got the early townreads from Cobalt and others from pg1/2 stuff) You can glance over Muzjik's posts here to get a pretty good idea of what kind of player he is and how he's approaching the game. (This one pretty much epitomizes it)

KaiDASH hasn't done a ton but this post is a good example of the work he's put in when he's had the chance.

This is a game where Newcomb was scum that a few of us have been referencing for comparisons:
    https://forums.darklordpotter.net/threads/mafia-game-thread-what-mafia-is-this.37831/

Here's my recent post where I link to Jari's progressions on Shadow and Vaimes (both of the leading wagons)
    WitchHunt 9

And, uhhhhh, yeah. Idk, that's about the best I can put together for you. People not mentioned here are... tom, who hasn't done anything super noteworthy, but you can ISO him. I left out Vaimes stuff but you can ISO him since he's a leading wagon. Fluff hasn't done much at all so that's that.

Let me know if you have any questions.

16. Umami

Umami Squib

I didn't realize the witches could just guess people's roles and murder them. Now I know. Also, this is not like Avalon
    --- Post automerged ---
    But it's delightful

17. Dels

Dels Muggle

Meh. I'd talk to you about this but I shouldn't so I won't.
    --- Post automerged ---
    To be fair, the first thing we've actually synced on is the thoughts on Jari and today is honestly the first day I've felt something other than dread about playing this game so maybe I'm actually feeling better now and will play less shitty? Idk.

I ended up reversing my stance on like 90% of the things we disagreed on anyway I think
    --- Post automerged ---
    imma lol tho if umami's scum and we let them get away with an entire day of nothing but "everyone vote dels!" 'cause of a derptell

18. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    If anyone was wondering what's up with me I'm finally headed home. But I'm not gonna live life on the edge and follow along til I'm out of bay area traffic
    --- Post automerged ---
    (Fuck bay area traffic)

19. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

And DC traffic.

20. Dels

Dels Muggle

Unvote Vaimes