1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WitchHunt 9

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Miner, Mar 29, 2019.

1. Dels

Dels Muggle

Anyway, let's clarify this.

What do you mean by frozen?

My understanding was the pressure came at a time when Jari was timezone-ly asleep.

2. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Okay, @Newcomb I want to hear you out about Vaimes.

However, I would like very much if you abandon the idea that illusion killing yourself N1 is outlandish. You’ve done things like coast to endgame with Lump as a witch before, a long-con strat is not something I would put past you as a witch and the caliber of player that you are.

Please accept that this is a plausible thing for people to think and I’d be more than happy to discuss Vaimes’ witch equity with you.

3. Dels

Dels Muggle

Don't what? I was kidding...

4. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

I didn’t know that. Is that true?

Because it seemed like he was largely absent for a whole portion of irl day after his slot got pressure.

5. Umami

Umami Squib

@Vaimes 3 minutes till deadline. Manasi changed her vote 3 minutes later and it wasn't counted b/c it was too late

6. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

So, you're assuming that Jari was frozen rather than just afk, therefore Jari is a witch, therefore fluff is a witch?

7. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

No.

8. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Correct.

Also, Dels’ case on Jari was pretty solid so I think he was a witch independently of whether or not he was frozen.

9. Dels

Dels Muggle

I will say I didn't really understand Cobalt's EoD, and that's not because of it having a vote on me.

Yes it had a vote on me, but, there was also multiple mentions (I think?) of "Jari hasn't shown himself to be town yet, so probably a wolf", which was a really... hands-off? Noncommital statement?

And Cobalt didn't actually interact with or comment on any of the Jari cases. His catchup was focused mostly on me, it felt like.

And I don't know if that means anything.

10. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

I second this.

11. Dels

Dels Muggle

But Cobalt, did you think my case was solid last night? Because last night you said nothing had changed regarding if you'd vote me or not, and it felt like you hadn't really read the stuff I posted about Jari, or if you had, it didn't change your opinion of me.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Last night means EoD1 night ofc.

12. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I third the GD vote.

Sorry Gemma!

13. Dels

Dels Muggle

I mean unless the scumteam is exactly Dels/Vaimes/Gemma/Cobalt, there's at least one townie who seriously believes that yes, that could've been the illusion kill. So.

14. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Yes.

Newcomb has implied that he has protection other than the angels, which means he can't confirm Jari's alignment for us. And we need his alignment to figure out the game. More importantly, we need the gravedigger locked into claiming things now, so a scum gravedigger can't fuck with us later.

Frankly, we should have done this d1.

15. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

I don’t know if this makes things more understandable from my perspective, but given how strongly I felt your witch equity was and how unhappy I was with your play if you were a witch I wasn’t willing to give your case full credit at the time, so I didn’t really address it much.

And it wasn’t that Jari didn’t prove himself town yet, it was that I didn’t remember anything at all from jarizok’s slot which I usually do when he’s town. It was something that pinged me at the time, and was why I was okay with just lynching Jari d1 even though I felt weird about you.

16. Umami

Umami Squib

Also, it was a somewhat close vote. If Tom hadn't switched his vote right at the end, then fluff's vote would have been the lynch vote so if Jari/fluff are w/w I would imagine fluff wouldn't want to risk a sure lynch when it could go to judge

17. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

I was kind of surprised I didn’t see any mechanical claim talks from you on d1, come to think of it.

18. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Except, here's the thing.

How many games of WH have we played together, Vaimes? How many games of mafia?

Have you ever seen witches even use the IK, like that... ever? I can't think of a single time, off the top of my head. It's a sword of Damocles that never actually falls. Like yeah we've talked about using the IK to fake clear someone but it's never actually happened, at least that I can recall. Why is that, do you think? I don't know, maybe it's because the value of actually killing someone far outweighs the value of getting the heat of one member of the witch team, who then has to survive the late game "why are you still alive" marathon.

And this isn't just like, some rando they'd hypothetically be using it on. It's fucking me. Like of all the players in the game, you really should be the one to take like 2 seconds and think through what bizzaro fucking coven world we've have to be in for me to greenlight that plan. Like... seriously what the fuck could it even be, for that to happen. Bouncing a shot N1 doesn't automatically clear a theoretical player, but when it's me, it... kinda does. And I think town!Vaimes would have seen that. Who in this game knows how I feel about mafia theory in general and about how I approaching playing the wolf alignment more than you?

19. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

I think Newcomb should respect that Gemma and Von are town, and Gemma and Von should give Newcomb a brake for now. Night 1 illusion kills, while talked about often, rarely actually happen.

20. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Thank you.